La Reine Bridal ~ Waltham ~ AVOID!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JenyRose22. Show JenyRose22's posts

La Reine Bridal ~ Waltham ~ AVOID!!!!

Just left La Reine Bridal in Waltham (as a bridesmaid with the bride).  When we walked in, the bride was greeted by several women, all asking if she had been checked in.  An older woman sat down and checked her in, asking what shape, style, designers she liked, and when the bride answered the woman answered "they're a cheaper designer."  When asked of her budget, the bride shared her price point (pretty high to the average bride) and we were asked to step into an available room.  The YOUNG, unseasoned consultant carried in 4 dresses, 2 of which were completely the WRONG shape, and 2 that were nice, but the consultant made no effort to "sell" the dress, explain it, or find something different.  After the 4 dresses, we were told "that's all we have" and she walked out of the room.  Our bride got dressed and when she asked the consultant about the dress she tried on that she did kind of like and may have considered purchasing, the consultant simply answered "I'm not allowed to tell you the style.  I'll get in alot of trouble" and basically pushed us out the door.  Now, while not making an effort to think outside the box, the consultant had no problem sharing her itnerests with the bride (i.e, snowboarding) and other consultants had no problem walking into the dressing area to grab veils and other accessories for their brides.

When you dream of going to buy your dress you envision having those close to you ooh and ahhh as you walk out and stand on the pedistal.  Here, we didn't get the chance ~ perhaps her budget didn't equal out to enough commission for the consultant, maybe the consultant really had no idea what style suits what body, but, overall, I don't know HOW this salon has been voted a favorite by The Knot for so long ~ it was a TRUE dissappointment.   Luckily, we had visited another salon in the morning, where our bride found an amzing dress, and she was able to have her bride experience there.

Unless you have NO budget and look good in a brown sack and are happy with trying on 4 dresses before the consultant asks someone "what time is it? i should wear a watch" while being fitted, don't waste your time here...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Re: La Reine Bridal ~ Waltham ~ AVOID!!!!

Awww, JenyRose, I'm sorry you guys had such a bad experience!  I never went there, so I can't comment on them.  But if you are still looking, I had a great experience at both Precious Memories in Malden and Marry & Tux in Nashua NH.  The sales staff was great at both places and I really enjoyed the experiences.  I'l also recommend Camilla's in Arlington, which is where I found my perfect dress.  The women there are such sweethearts!  They have a little more of a hands off approach, so better to go when you are ready to be a little more independent.  They have beautiful stuff, good prices and I was really happy to give them my business.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JenyRose22. Show JenyRose22's posts

Re: La Reine Bridal ~ Waltham ~ AVOID!!!!

Thank you for your recommendation,s Trex.  Luckily, the bride had an amazing experience at Terry's Bridal in Norwood, so we were able to smile at the end of the day.  I have heard wonderful things about all the salons you've mentioned.  I'm glad you you were treated like a "princess" ~ as any bride should be! 

Sections
Shortcuts