Last Minute Dress Change -? Help Me Figure This Out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougas. Show dougas's posts

Re: Last Minute Dress Change -? Help Me Figure This Out

Sept, I don't think of you like that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reader001. Show Reader001's posts

In Response to Re: Last Minute Dress Change -? Help Me Figure This Out:
    [QUOTE]Reader, I know I know. But I swear I am the only one on these boards that is a size 12. I just know it. Which is fine. I am totally fine with it, it is just my body type. But I feel out-numbered!
    Posted by Sept2010Bride[/QUOTE]
    Dude. I am a generous size 12.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Oh ok. Well then yay! :) I'll stop sulking now!

I apologize.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

[QUOTE]Reader, I know I know. But I swear I am the only one on these boards that is a size 12. I just know it. Which is fine. I am totally fine with it, it is just my body type. But I feel out-numbered!

The average size for a woman is a 12/14....and I am an 8/10, so don't feel bad!

Reader I can't wait to see your dress, it sounds gorgeous!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

I don't know why weight loss and weddings go hand in hand.  Everyone keeps telling me that I should've gotten a smaller sized dress to "make" myself fit into it.  Or, "whoops, you better be careful... you have a wedding dress to fit into".  I don't think I have ever felt so much damn pressure to lose weight.  It's awful.  There are times when I'll just say to "he!! with it", and eat what I want. 

I wake up, in the middle of the night, with anxiety that I only have a certain amount of time left to lose some weight.  I literally have panic attacks over it :(

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reader001. Show Reader001's posts

I promise I'll post pics!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Good, can't wait to see it!

Goodness, don't stress yourself so much! It's only one day. Besides you want to look like yourself on your wedding day! All your family and friends love you for who you are, so they want to see you looking just like yourself!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I don't understand it either - why would anyone want to be different than who they ARE just for one day?  I think people who crazy diet just for the wedding end up having wedding photos at their thinnest ever and then a year later those same rude people who told them to lose weight for the wedding say "What happened?!"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

[QUOTE]Good, can't wait to see it! Goodness, don't stress yourself so much! It's only one day. Besides you want to look like yourself on your wedding day! All your family and friends love you for who you are, so they want to see you looking just like yourself!
    Posted by Peonie[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Peonie.  I'm trying to push those words and thoughts aside, but it's a lot harder than I thought.  It's engrained into my brain.  Now, I'm convinced that I should, and I only have "this much time" left to drop a few extra pounds.  I can't get the thoughts out of my head.

I had an anxiety attack over looking "just right" at my bridal shower, too.  I'm too conscious about what other people think.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

[QUOTE]I don't understand it either - why would anyone want to be different than who they ARE just for one day?  I think people who crazy diet just for the wedding end up having wedding photos at their thinnest ever and then a year later those same rude people who told them to lose weight for the wedding say "What happened?!"
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Exactly!  It's those same people who say, "Oh, you look SO different".  Um, yeah... NO KIDDING!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Goodness, I totally understand what you're saying.  Almost every bride worries about looking "just perfect" on their wedding day.  But odds are your FI asked you to marry him because he loves you just the way you are now.  And I'm sure he just wants to see the woman he knows and loves walking down the aisle that day.  He'll think you're beautiful no matter what your weight is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougas. Show dougas's posts

However, it isn't completely wrong to look your best on your wedding day.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

As terrible as it sounds, I'll feel like somewhat of a failure if I don't look like I "tried" to lose weight.  UGH!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

For some reason I feel like wedding dresses usually make people look smaller than they normally do. Maybe it's all the corseting and under-garments, maybe it's the glow of a bride, but I've never ever seen a bride and thought "she looks fat in that dress." They look like the best versions of themselves, which is the best any of us can hope for really.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

I have my first dress fitting in just over 3 weeks, and the mere thought of putting it on, and not being "happy" with the look of it on my body - makes my heart beat really fast. 

It's really funny because I used to hate it when I would be around a bunch of people talking about weight, diet, exercise, etc.  It used to really frustrate me, and I would pull myself away from those conversations.  Now, I'm at the point where I listen to all of them really closely!  Tell me more, I think to myself!

Another thing, I've never had a weight issue... until my thoughts are consumed with them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

[QUOTE]For some reason I feel like wedding dresses usually make people look smaller than they normally do. Maybe it's all the corseting and under-garments, maybe it's the glow of a bride, but I've never ever seen a bride and thought "she looks fat in that dress." They look like the best versions of themselves, which is the best any of us can hope for really.
    Posted by pinkkittie27[/QUOTE]

You're right.  I'll stop.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

News for you, Sept2010Bride - I just ordered from JC Penney last night, 3 size 14 tops and 4 size 12 pants.
    At 5'6" and 130 lbs.  I couldn't fit my calf muscles and caboose in smaller.  But I'm okay with that. 
    One bright sunny day last week my visiting brother and I went down to Franconia Notch and did the Franconia Loop, climbing up Mt. Lafayette, going along the ridge over Lincoln  to the top of Mt. Liberty, then down.  My hubby groused that we went without him while he was working, so 2 days later on his day off the 3 of us climbed Mt. Washinton, another day hike up Ammonoosuc Ravine Trail, down the Jewel.
         People who diet themselves thin, and think a six-pack of ridged abs  mean they are toned,  wouldn't have the stamina to do 2 such hikes in 3 days, on a lark.
         But yesterday at work one of the dieticians  who works with the sports trainers  stopped me in the kitchen where I had taken a  cup of yoghurt from the quart I brought.  Did I know that  if I changed from low fat yoghurt  to this non-fat yogurt (she held up hers to show me the label)  I would be better off?  How often do I eat it?  Oh, I eat 8 Cups a week, in addition to any that are parts of meals.  My, she said, that could be 15 pounds in a year.  
         I just pulled a baggie out of my purse and said, I hate non-fat yugurt, I don't want artificial sweeteners and thickening agents,  I don't want to eat  it to save 1 gram of fat and 9 calories per serving.  It would be silly, since I intend to eat these 3   4-inch oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, that I baked  with real butter and brown sugar,  with my yogurt, to tide me over until lunch.
         Also , your math is bad. 9 cal each, 10 a week , 52 weeks in a year is 4,680 calories, and at 3,500 per pound of fat   means I would save 1.33 pounds in a year, not 15. Eat 520 cups of yogurt I do not like in a year to save 1 1/3  pounds?   
         I did not say, what kind of fool would do that.  Just smiled and waved, while she stood there looking like I had fart*ed in her face.
         What business of hers is my diet?  Who appointed her diet police? 
         I'm healthy, I'm happy.  Leave me alone and stop being rude to me.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Last Minute Dress Change -? Help Me Figure This Out : Thanks, Peonie.  I'm trying to push those words and thoughts aside, but it's a lot harder than I thought.  It's engrained into my brain.  Now, I'm convinced that I should, and I only have "this much time" left to drop a few extra pounds.  I can't get the thoughts out of my head. I had an anxiety attack over looking "just right" at my bridal shower, too.  I'm too conscious about what other people think.
    Posted by Goodness1[/QUOTE]
         Saying buy a smaller size and lose weight to fit it is the same as asking me how much I planned to lose.
    It really is upsetting, though I cry then get angry, not anxious. 

God save me from helpful people.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Is it bad that I took it from hearing other voices saying that to the voice now being my own?  How do I stop thinking that way and just accept it?

Never mind, that's just dumb.  I just get into those moods where I worry too much.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

whatawag- how obnoxious about the low-fat vs. non-fat yogurt! Some people seem to not have a clue in their heads about how they sound when they speak. I'm there with you on artificial sweetners, I never buy anything "diet" because of them. I'm sure butter and sugar can't be as bad for me as some of those chemicals are. I love butter, I prefer to cook with it, and they can pry it from my cold, dead hands!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

I agree with both of you.  I will always choose regular food as opposed to "diet" food.  I hate processed foods, fake sugars, and artificial anything else.  I do like my margarine, though... spreads easier. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

Goodness - wasn't Marilyn Monroe a size 12/14 and isn't she considered one of the sexiest women ever?

I don't know why, but the wedding had the opposite effect on me.  I actually stopped working out on a regular basis about 6 months before the wedding.  I think I was just drained from work and the planning.  DH on the other hand started this hardcore workout program and lost 40 lbs.  He had gained about 50 over the 4 years we've been together, and heart disease runs in his family.  His doctor told him he needed to lose weight, so he used the wedding as motivation. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

[QUOTE]Goodness - wasn't Marilyn Monroe a size 12/14 and isn't she considered one of the sexiest women ever? I don't know why, but the wedding had the opposite effect on me.  I actually stopped working out on a regular basis about 6 months before the wedding.  I think I was just drained from work and the planning.  DH on the other hand started this hardcore workout program and lost 40 lbs.  He had gained about 50 over the 4 years we've been together, and heart disease runs in his family.  His doctor told him he needed to lose weight, so he used the wedding as motivation. 
    Posted by dkb6248[/QUOTE]

I really admire both of your efforts.  Yours for not giving into the "weight loss" wars during wedding craziness, and your hubby for dropping weight for health reasons, and using the wedding as a motivator.  Wonderful!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

Thanks.

As much as the weight didn't bother me at all, I have to admit that I very much enjoy his new physique.  He's hot.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

Goodness - wasn't Marilyn Monroe a size 12/14 and isn't she considered one of the sexiest women ever? - dkb6248

dkb6248   Bless you.   And Wag's DH thinks so too.  I hope.
    Wag

Sections
Shortcuts