Last Minute Dress Change -? Help Me Figure This Out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Re: Last Minute Dress Change -? Help Me Figure This Out

Every bride, size 0 or 32 looks gorgeous on her wedding day.

Goodness, you will looking stunning, gorgeous, amazing, beautiful in your gown! And everyone who comes to your wedding will think so!

Every bride I have ever seen, whether a size 0 or a size 22, I have though looks absolutely amazing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

The yogurt story makes me feel so much better!  I have regular yogurt every day with lunch and one time I tried to switch to the non-fat version, but the artificial sweetener tasted gross!! 

I have an internal conflict when it comes to food/weight.  I wish I was skinnier, but I love food and I refuse to deprive myself of the happiness it gives me just to be thin.  Whenever I "try" to diet, I crave the sweets more and I end up eating more of them than I would if I just let myself eat what I want.  So I give up on dieting... but I still wish I was skinnier.  <sigh />  Damn unrealistic expectations for women.

Ever been to Ana's Taqueria?  (YUM)  I ordered a quesadilla (fried) with cheese, sour cream and guacamole.  The women next to me in line, a *complete* stranger, says to me:  wow, that's a few extra hours on the stairmaster to burn that off!  How RUDE!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

PS.  It was delicious.  :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

In Response to Re: Last Minute Dress Change -? Help Me Figure This Out:
    [QUOTE]The yogurt story makes me feel so much better!  I have regular yogurt every day with lunch and one time I tried to switch to the non-fat version, but the artificial sweetener tasted gross!!  I have an internal conflict when it comes to food/weight.  I wish I was skinnier, but I love food and I refuse to deprive myself of the happiness it gives me just to be thin.  Whenever I "try" to diet, I crave the sweets more and I end up eating more of them than I would if I just let myself eat what I want.  So I give up on dieting... but I still wish I was skinnier.  <sigh />  Damn unrealistic expectations for women. Ever been to Ana's Taqueria?  (YUM)  I ordered a quesadilla (fried) with cheese, sour cream and guacamole.  The women next to me in line, a *complete* stranger, says to me:  wow, that's a few extra hours on the stairmaster to burn that off!  How RUDE!
    Posted by trex509[/QUOTE]

MY GOD, that's so rude!!  I would've told her that you're going to enjoy every single morsel of your food. 

What a society we live in that strangers feel the need to tell people anything about what they're eating!  Totally awful, and obnoxious.  Um, it's not going into your mouth, so why do you care if it's going into mine???

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]Is it bad that I took it from hearing other voices saying that to the voice now being my own?  How do I stop thinking that way and just accept it? Never mind, that's just dumb.  I just get into those moods where I worry too much.
    Posted by Goodness1[/QUOTE]

I obsess over my perceived flaws when I'm, um, hormonal.  Any chance?  Not to dismiss occassional self berating at other times - I do that, too, but every month I seem to think I'm hideous.

P.S. Trex, I'm starving - how dare you describe your Ana's experience so yummily?!  ;)  Seriously, though, how dare that lady say that to you.  What is the world coming to.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

It might be.  Who knows anymore with me.  I can't always tell when I'm hormonal. 

Maybe it feels like a ticking clock, and I feel like everyone's watching me.  "So, you ready for the big day?".  Like I had forgotten it's coming up.  I think they assume I should be more nervous, more who knows.  All the while I'm thinking, "I should've buckled down and dropped a couple extra pounds". 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]It might be.  Who knows anymore with me.  I can't always tell when I'm hormonal.  Maybe it feels like a ticking clock, and I feel like everyone's watching me.  "So, you ready for the big day?".  Like I had forgotten it's coming up.  I think they assume I should be more nervous, more who knows.  All the while I'm thinking, "I should've buckled down and dropped a couple extra pounds". 

I can never tell either, but my DH sure can. ;)

I know nothing I say can MAKE you relax, but, gosh, I wish I could snap my fingers and allow you to just be yourself in the joy of the countdown.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Emotions are funny things, aren't they?  I need to try and just accept that I may be overly sensitive at this point in time.  We have been engaged for over a year now, and it's NOW creeping up on me.  Um, hello... no kidding!!  Ha, ha.

I know, on the day, I will enjoy it all, and take it all in.  I need to be better about the now period of it, and enjoy being engaged, and not worry so much. 

During my childhood, I was so consumed with what other people thought of me.  I grew out of that in my early 20's and I've been fine with it for years.  Now, with the wedding and all, it's creeping back up on me, and I'm feeling watched.  I might've started it and all by telling people, "Oh yeah, I'll lose some weight".  Now, I wish I hadn't said anything at all.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]Emotions are funny things, aren't they?  I need to try and just accept that I may be overly sensitive at this point in time.  We have been engaged for over a year now, and it's NOW creeping up on me.  Um, hello... no kidding!!  Ha, ha. I know, on the day, I will enjoy it all, and take it all in.  I need to be better about the now period of it, and enjoy being engaged, and not worry so much.  During my childhood, I was so consumed with what other people thought of me.  I grew out of that in my early 20's and I've been fine with it for years.  Now, with the wedding and all, it's creeping back up on me, and I'm feeling watched.  I might've started it and all by telling people, "Oh yeah, I'll lose some weight".  Now, I wish I hadn't said anything at all.

Nothing you've said makes it OK for them to bring it up.

We all make emotional strides and have setbacks.  Try not to add insult to injury to yourself for having a minor setback.  You haven't lost the ground you gained in your early 20s, but we do have "tapes" that sometimes we just hit the play button on and there we are as if we were our old emotional selves for a minute. It's not reality, just a recording of your old reality. Just press the stop button and pop the tape out, again, and you'll be today's happier Liz, again.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

My boyfriends parents are members of a country club and once a month they take us out to dinner there. I just had chicken statler. Chicken, ham, cheese and avacado all in one, 3 glasses of red wine, and a raspberry ice cream dessert. And you know what, I wouldn't trade ANY of that for the amazing laughs and conversation we had at dinner! Live it up, ladies :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, peonie, that sounds delectable and like so much fun!  Those are my favorite times, too - worth every calorie!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

[QUOTE]Oh, peonie, that sounds delectable and like so much fun!  Those are my favorite times, too - worth every calorie!!!!
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

It was! Although, I am feeling the red wine this morning Tongue out

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Last Minute Dress Change -? Help Me Figure This Out : News for you, Sept2010Bride - I just ordered from JC Penney last night, 3 size 14 tops and 4 size 12 pants. At 5'6" and 130 lbs.  I couldn't fit my calf muscles and caboose in smaller.  But I'm okay with that.  One bright sunny day last week my visiting brother and I went down to Franconia Notch and did the Franconia Loop, climbing up Mt. Lafayette, going along the ridge over Lincoln  to the top of Mt. Liberty, then down.  My hubby groused that we went without him while he was working, so 2 days later on his day off the 3 of us climbed Mt. Washinton, another day hike up Ammonoosuc Ravine Trail, down the Jewel.      People who diet themselves thin, and think a six-pack of ridged abs  mean they are toned,  wouldn't have the stamina to do 2 such hikes in 3 days, on a lark.      But yesterday at work one of the dieticians  who works with the sports trainers  stopped me in the kitchen where I had taken a  cup of yoghurt from the quart I brought.  Did I know that  if I changed from low fat yoghurt  to this non-fat yogurt (she held up hers to show me the label)  I would be better off?  How often do I eat it?  Oh, I eat 8 Cups a week, in addition to any that are parts of meals.  My, she said, that could be 15 pounds in a year.        I just pulled a baggie out of my purse and said, I hate non-fat yugurt, I don't want artificial sweeteners and thickening agents,  I don't want to eat  it to save 1 gram of fat and 9 calories per serving.  It would be silly, since I intend to eat these 3   4-inch oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, that I baked  with real butter and brown sugar,  with my yogurt, to tide me over until lunch.      Also , your math is bad. 9 cal each, 10 a week , 52 weeks in a year is 4,680 calories, and at 3,500 per pound of fat   means I would save 1.33 pounds in a year, not 15. Eat 520 cups of yogurt I do not like in a year to save 1 1/3  pounds?         I did not say, what kind of fool would do that.  Just smiled and waved, while she stood there looking like I had fart*ed in her face.      What business of hers is my diet?  Who appointed her diet police?       I'm healthy, I'm happy.  Leave me alone and stop being rude to me.
    Posted by whatawagSBNy[/QUOTE]

I apologize, Whata, I shouldn't assume anything.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Last Minute Dress Change -? Help Me Figure This Out : I apologize, Whata, I shouldn't assume anything.
    Posted by Sept2010Bride[/QUOTE]

No apology needed-  I thought you might feel better to know, you are not as alone as you think.  Listen in an office, when diets or clothes are discussed - like magic, everyone shuts up who does not claim to be an 8 or smaller.  And the people losing weight say they are size 6, and want to be a 2!
     The way I see it:  Either I am happy with how I am, or I want to change, but MYOB  unless your advice is solicited. 
         When in school I did some part time work doing fancy stitching and beading for a bridal wear company, custom makes and some alterations.  Critical,  fashion obsessed people everywhere.  A 30 something co-worker with a big appetite got so tired of comments anytime she pulled out her lunchbox,  milkshakes or David's cookies dozen size bags, she took to whistling   "Ain't nobody's business if I do" when she entered the breakroom.  A joke only 1 other woman and I got, since it is an old, old blues song.
         I felt so bad for a friend a couple of years back.  She went into a maternity store, coming into her 5th month carrying twins.  She knew her waist was already 12 inches bigger, but when a clerk asked her, oh, are you pregnant or just buying for someone? - she was in tears, and still upset 3 days later.  You think I'm always bigger than the side of a barn?   kind of feeling.
         It is too easy to get down on yourself.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Trex- I love Anna's! I love Qdoba too but I found out the burrito I like fromt here is about 1,000 calories by itself. I only eat there once every couple of months now, but it's so good, I wouldn't choose to live without it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I think the salepeople at maternity stores have learned the hard way to never assume someone is pregnant or buying for themselves, no matter what they look like. I'm sure they meant no offense.
    Kind of like when I worked at Sephora and learned not to assume men who are looking at lipstick aren't buying for themselves.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Last Minute Dress Change -? Help Me Figure This Out :   I felt so bad for a friend a couple of years back.  She went into a maternity store, coming into her 5th month carrying twins.  She knew her waist was already 12 inches bigger, but when a clerk asked her, oh, are you pregnant or just buying for someone? - she was in tears, and still upset 3 days later.  You think I'm always bigger than the side of a barn?   kind of feeling.      It is too easy to get down on yourself.    

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

[QUOTE]I felt so bad for a friend a couple of years back.  She went into a maternity store, coming into her 5th month carrying twins.  She knew her waist was already 12 inches bigger, but when a clerk asked her, oh, are you pregnant or just buying for someone? - she was in tears, and still upset 3 days later.  You think I'm always bigger than the side of a barn?   kind of feeling.      It is too easy to get down on yourself.    

AWFUL.  Some people are so despicable!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

I love any Mexican food in general! Enchiladas are a-mazing! Now I have a craving. Ever been to Border Cafe' in Harvard Sq.? Sooo good!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

IMO, I think the only time it's "okay" to ask if a woman's pregnant (if one's unsure) is when she's sitting in the doctor's office. 

Every time I go to the doctor, I'm asked.  That's normal practice.  But, if I walked into a store and someone asked me, I'd be offended. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Goodness, I am always so scared to ask a woman that, even if I know for a fact that she is. So I never do. But I've been out and seen people be like "Ohhhh when are you due??!!" I mean you can clearly tell they are 7,8,9 months pregnant, but what if that one time, you are wrong? How mortifying would that be?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Mmm... I am totally craving Mexican now!  I love The Border Cafe!  I miss Ana's since I've moved out of the city... those greasy, sour cream and guacamole covered quesadilla's were the best!!

I too am too scared to ever ask someone a question about their pregnancy.  To the point that sometimes even when I *know* someone is pregnant, like a coworkers wife, I get this momentary panic where I wonder if I could be wrong!  Yup, unless it is really obvious near the end I usually don't bring it up!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Girls, same here.  I'm so scared.  Not just that, but I've noticed (maybe it's just in my office) that people are more private about their pregnancies.  Also, someone I work with got married a couple weeks ago, and I didn't even know he was engaged or even dating anyone!!  I love the mysteriousness... ha, ha.