MOB Dress

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

MOB Dress

I would suggest Macy's, Lord & Taylor & any nice department store. My mother got a very nice MOG dress at Lord & Taylor off the clearance rack for like $40.00, and no one would have suspected otherwise.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

MOB Dress

Lord & Taylor is a great place to get a deal!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

MOB Dress

yes they do, everyone I know got their formal prom dresses at a department store.
    My grandma got every formal dress she owned from a department store.

[Quote]

nice department stores have very formal dresses as well....

[/Quote]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

MOB Dress

I believe both my Mom and my MIL got their dresses from a department store. Of course we were having a late morning wedding and afternoon reception so they didn't need anything beaded and crazy formal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2009Bride2Be. Show 2009Bride2Be's posts

MOB Dress

My mom and I looked in all the department stores and couldn't find anything which was weird. But she ended up finding hers on the sale rack at Bridal Boutique of Plymouth...which oddly is in Kingston :).

http://www.bridalboutiqueofplymouth.com/directions_1.htm

They people there were really nice. Another place she had found a dress she liked was at Manhattan Bridal in Norwood but I've heard mixed reviews about the service.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaBabe3. Show GinaBabe3's posts

MOB Dress

Hi Girls-

I am from the South Shore and my mother has been hounding me to go dress shopping with her. I was just wondering if you girls could sugest some locations. I willing to go as far at Natick and as south as Providence.

Let me know!

Thanks

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

MOB Dress

nice department stores have very formal dresses as well....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LLLCK. Show LLLCK's posts

MOB Dress

Norstrom's, especially when they have the 1/2 yearly, sale is a great place to find formal dresses and they have wonderful service. Saks and Lord and Taylor also have good selections but I would go downtown for the best selection of styles and sizes . Good luck.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from molly980. Show molly980's posts

MOB Dress

my mom found hers at Saks. a lot of mob dresses were the same everywhere else, so it seemed like there were more choices at the regular stores

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from randy07. Show randy07's posts

MOB Dress

Toshiko in Southboro (right on Rte 9 on Framingham line) is fabulous! Pricier than department stores but classy - and great service! Touch of Klass in Canton has lovely dresses but owners are a little arrogant - and pushy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sher. Show sher's posts

MOB Dress

if you decide to take a trip to natick or providence try nordstroms (look online first and see if there is anything that would suit your mom) they have some great prices and styles. if your mom is more into the bridal shop experience there are some great boutiques all over the south shore. i got my dress at Creative bridal in braintree and there a bunch of MOB dresses there. david's might be helpful (again look online first) to try on exact sizes or to find the best style for her body. department store might be your best bet. somewhere like the natick mall will have quite a few different stores to check out too.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rness. Show rness's posts

MOB Dress

If she's a size 14 or above, definitely check out Boticelli's in North Providence. We got my mom's dress there and had a great experience.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from octbride09. Show octbride09's posts

Re: MOB Dress

Okay, so my mom just told me she wants to go look for her MOB dress this weekend. First stop is Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom..etc. Any other suggestions for people on the North Shore?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

My FMIL got her dress at Touch of Class in Canton.  Seemed to have a good experience, but said it was a bit pricey.  When she got home, she noticed one of the Swaworski crystals was missing from her dress and they told her to bring it back and they will sew one on, no questions asked.

My mother got her dress at Botticelli's in Providence.  We had a great time there - the owner is very hands on.  The prices ranged from $250 - 500, which I thought was ridiculous.  Luckily the one my mom liked best was in the $250 range not the $500!!

http://www.botticelliri.com/

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaBabe3. Show GinaBabe3's posts

We are going to Touch of Klass tonight!  Wish us luck!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from randy07. Show randy07's posts

What did you think of Touch of Klass? I'm wondering if your experience was different than ours.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

[QUOTE]Okay, so my mom just told me she wants to go look for her MOB dress this weekend. First stop is Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom..etc. Any other suggestions for people on the North Shore?
    Posted by octbride09[/QUOTE]

We got my dress and my mom's dress from Marry&Tux in Nashua, NH.