MOB nail color Question!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kzmkrz. Show kzmkrz's posts

MOB nail color Question!

The mother of the bride in an upcoming wedding will be wearing a periwinkle dress, any suggestions on color for her hands and feet? Should they be the same color, or can she have 2 different nail colors? Any suggestions would be great!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Re: MOB nail color Question!

I would go with either n*de (seriously, I can't use that word when referring to nail color?) polish, light pink polish, or a French mani/pedi.  If she goes with a certain color polish on her nails, I think her toes should match.  However I think colored toes with a french manicure look great as well.  Hope that helps!  :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

I'd go with light pink or french for hands, periwinkle for the toes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from november2009. Show november2009's posts

I have an OPI polish "Done Out in Deco"  which is a light lilac that looks wonderful with periwinkle.  I would go with fingers and toes the same color but that is just personal choice.  You might want to check out the OPI web site, it has a "try it on feature" where you can choose your skin color and nail length and then try on all their colors.  Its fun in a geeky sort of way.  Good luck!  http://www.opi.com/

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

The answer is "whatever color she likes".  She can decide when she gets to the nail salon.  She can bring a swatch of the dress if she wants. 

She can choose different or same for hands and toes.  Whatever she prefers. 

Us older folks do think that non-traditional nail colors (i.e. lilac, no offense N2009) are a little weird, especially for a wedding, so I wouldn't "suggest" anything other than the usual colors.

kzmkrz, you are a real long-timer aren't you, I seem to remember your name from when I first joined here!!!!

Enjoy

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

They can definitely be different coordinating colors.  I ususally go darker on my toes because they are far away from everyone, and I tend to wear hose even in the summer so that mutes the color, too.  If it's really light on the toes it could disappear.  A dark periwinkle on the toes if it truly goes with the dress, but clashing is always a risk when you try to match colors instead of going with a complimentary choice, like rose or mauve.  I think I'd go with a dark mauve on the toes and lighter on the fingers.