Natural Remedy Stress Relief??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

(I did have a glass of wine last night - we were having a romantic dinner out, and I figured, what the heck.)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

LOL (little late) ALF!

pingo, well, I hate to disappoint you, but I'm not actually a break maker - I have a bread maker. Big difference! My "real" bread attempts fall flat...pardon the pun. So, no, I never tried your Outback recipe, but that bread is really good.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Suddenly my Edit/Submit of earlier posts doesn't refresh the thread so I can see the last post so I gotta go back to "..." ones. Darned - that was a good solution for awhile.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

Wine. a fire in the fireplace.

HGTV

We have a Jacuzzi Spa (not a bathtub) - we use it alot.

Best waste of money we ever spent.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Bon chance, Kar! I'll think baby thoughts for you. :)

They always say lavender or vanilla calms you, but I like the smell of comfort food, but I shouldn't eat it. I like the savory stuff. Can they make a chicken pot pie scented candle? Or how about freshly baked bread?

[Quote]Good thread - I'm looking for non-pham ways, too, as we're trying to get pregnant (why is it that when you start trying it seems impossible?!).

Organizing a closet (if I can get started) is huge. I feel so satisified when it's done. Actually, any big cleaning job works for me. Can anyone say O-C-D? ;)

On the saner side of stress relief I have to echo the tea idea. It may be a cliche, but candles, herb tea, and a lame Lifetime movie is pretty relaxing to me.

Taking a nap is good, too - usually when I'm stressed I'm also overtired. The nap itself is not only relaxing, but then I have more energy to face whatever is stressing me out to begin with.

Vitamin B complex, taken regularly, is excellent for stress management.[/Quote]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hello kar, are you a bread baker? I somehow think you would be. Did you try the Outback bread recipe someone posted a few weeks ago? I am going to try it - but it would be nice to get a feed back. - Pingo

[Quote]Thanks for the good baby thoughts, pink, et al and good luck to ALF, too!

Re the wine, I know it's technically OK, but I've read that even small amounts have been linked to nervousness in babies and ADD. I suppose anything can be linked to anything else given the right study, though. Who knows. All I know is I want a good sleeper if we do have a baby!

bacon scented candle - you could make a hickory smokey scent, circles, really. I think it would be awesome, like a cozy log cabin.

the house smells like bread right now - the bread maker just finished working its magic. I hope it relieves my dear husband's stress when he gets home.[/Quote]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Wine. I'm TTC too, kar, but it's been over a year. I gave up 'giving up' stuff a while back. A glass or 3 of wine per week isn't going to hurt anything; just don't have more than 2 at 1 sitting.

Exercise also works too. Dancing when no one else is home is great too. So are really bad, lame B movies on Sci Fi. Cheesy women's magazines also work for me - you can read them online so you don't have to waste money on them.

I am also one of those wackjobs who finds cleaning another way to relieve stress. How can you relax if you are surrounded by filth and general untidiness? My DH thinks I'm crazy, but I need it to be clean so that I can think.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

I love long walks, but this weather is killing me. Hopefully this weekend! Movies & books help too. I love wine, but that might fall under "pharm" :-)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks for the good baby thoughts, pink, et al and good luck to ALF, too!

Re the wine, I know it's technically OK, but I've read that even small amounts have been linked to nervousness in babies and ADD. I suppose anything can be linked to anything else given the right study, though. Who knows. All I know is I want a good sleeper if we do have a baby!

bacon scented candle - you could make a hickory smokey scent, circles, really. I think it would be awesome, like a cozy log cabin.

the house smells like bread right now - the bread maker just finished working its magic. I hope it relieves my dear husband's stress when he gets home.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

EXERCISE!!! There is no better stress-reliever for me. (I've actually stopped going to a therapist because exercise has helped my mental health so much.)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

I like old movies, hot baths and playing video games.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

[Quote]Thanks for the good baby thoughts, pink, et al and good luck to ALF, too!

the house smells like bread right now - the bread maker just finished working its magic. I hope it relieves my dear husband's stress when he gets home.[/Quote]

Well, once I were to find out that I were pg, I would stop drinking, but until then, I figure, what the heck? Most of my friends who were trying got pg AFTER they had a few glasses of wine, so I'm hoping that tips the balance in our favor. lol.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

If it is work related stress then just music on the way home and chilling with some tv. But if I let it build up and it is where I want to snap everyone's head off then...Serious cleaning works for me because it makes me feel I accomplished something, the house looks good, and then I am often tired so I can either nap or just veg so that I can recharge. When I am tired I often become stressed, I so do not deal well with lack of sleep.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from somethingold. Show somethingold's posts

can see any new messages ;(

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Just curious circles - how and from where do you get all those sents for your candles?

[Quote]

I do make one that is Banana Nut Bread and one that is Fresh Baked Pie Crust, so it is possible. I was just thinking that it would be funny to have one that was bacon. Then again, it might end up gross...[/Quote]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sunshinemrs. Show sunshinemrs's posts

A brisk walk always helps me, even in the freezing cold. Doesn't have to long, just a little fresh air helps clear my head.

A hot bath with a nice cup of tea or hot chocolate helps.

Remembering all the things I'm grateful for and how much worse things could be.

And when all else fails a glass of wine and a trashy book/magazine for a bit of escapism.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from somethingold. Show somethingold's posts

Planning a wedding is stressful and actually just living these days is stressful given the economic situation - so just wondering what does everyone do to relieve stress - without pharmaceuticals
    My best thing is patting the bunny but if he's more interested in chasing the guinea pig I can't force the issue and I'm looking for back ups

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from circles82. Show circles82's posts

[Quote]Bon chance, Kar! I'll think baby thoughts for you. :)

They always say lavender or vanilla calms you, but I like the smell of comfort food, but I shouldn't eat it. I like the savory stuff. Can they make a chicken pot pie scented candle? Or how about freshly baked bread?

[/Quote]

I do make one that is Banana Nut Bread and one that is Fresh Baked Pie Crust, so it is possible. I was just thinking that it would be funny to have one that was bacon. Then again, it might end up gross...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Yoga, steam room, wine. In that order. :-)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good thread - I'm looking for non-pham ways, too, as we're trying to get pregnant (why is it that when you start trying it seems impossible?!).

Organizing a closet (if I can get started) is huge. I feel so satisified when it's done. Actually, any big cleaning job works for me. Can anyone say O-C-D? ;)

On the saner side of stress relief I have to echo the tea idea. It may be a cliche, but candles, herb tea, and a lame Lifetime movie is pretty relaxing to me.

Taking a nap is good, too - usually when I'm stressed I'm also overtired. The nap itself is not only relaxing, but then I have more energy to face whatever is stressing me out to begin with.

Vitamin B complex, taken regularly, is excellent for stress management.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from circles82. Show circles82's posts

I use essential oils for some, like my lavender, but the rest, like the food ones, I order from a wholesaler in Denver.
    Today, I am making an aloe vera soap with some grapefruit oil.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from circles82. Show circles82's posts

I post here ;)
    Other than that, I like to make things with my hands, or turn on an upbeat song and just dance like crazy for no reason. No matter how crabby, stressed, or sad you may be, a wacky dance works pretty well for a quick pick-up.
    For relaxing though, I like a nice warm cup of tea, a soy candle, and an endless game of Bejeweled or playing created levels on Little Big Planet.

Sections
Shortcuts