Need a dress in three weeks...HELP PLEASE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neena101511. Show Neena101511's posts

Need a dress in three weeks...HELP PLEASE

We're getting married! And I have no idea what to wear. It's a jp ceremony, in a park, outside. August 30th...That's three weeks away, and I'm not even sure where to look for a dress. I would really appreciate any suggestions. Thanks everyone

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

Re: Need a dress in three weeks...HELP PLEASE

In Response to Need a dress in three weeks...HELP PLEASE:
       We're getting married! And I have no idea what to wear. It's a jp ceremony, in a park, outside. August 30th...That's three weeks away, and I'm not even sure where to look for a dress. I would really appreciate any suggestions. Thanks everyone                                                           
    Posted by Neena101511

I would go to a department store....JCrew, Ann Taylor etc.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

If you're int he city Second Time Around and The Closet are both great to find gorgeous gently worn wedding dresses.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

You could try VOWS in Newton. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

I think some people sell their old wedding dresses on Craigslist. If you are looking for something new and not necessarily a wedding dress, department stores like Lord & Taylor and Nordstroms typically have good selections.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

And David's is good for off-the-rack selections too...

Good luck and congratulations!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

BTW... Congratulations.  Embarassed

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I also wanted to add- if you want to avoid having alterations pick a dress that's tea-length. It means you won't have to have it hemmed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

try Nordstrom's online.  Lots of simple bridal-y things.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Try JCrew.com!  They have some nice dresses that aren't too expensive:

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/WeddingParties/Wedding_Bride.jsp

I got a bridesmaids dress online and it was really nice!  They also just added the wedding/bridal party dresses to their store at the Atrium Mall in Chestnut Hill, so you should be able to try them on there.

Congrats!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from november2009. Show november2009's posts

VOWS in Newton, David's Bridal, Ann Taylor and J Crew on line as well as in stores and if you really want to wait until the last minute Filene's Basement's Running of the Bride's is Aug 21.  Friend of mine in Florida was the same situation because of an illness in her family.  She knew her size and kind of what she wanted so she called all the bridal salons in her area and explained her situation.  Many shops were very up front that they could not help her but several were willing to tell her the designers, the styles of dresses and cost for what they had in the shop and she could have on the phone or via fax.  She was then able to look up these dresses on line and find one without having to run all over the place. Maybe this would work for you? Good luck! 

PS Just thought would throw in Yolanda's is going out of bus so if you can wear a sample size maybe calling them is worth trying.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Neena, are you looking for an actual wedding gown or just a nice white summery dress? If you are looking for a nice white summery dress I would suggest just going to any department store, or Davids Bridal. I found these on DB's website that I they are so cute!

http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?storeId=10052&catalogId=10051&categoryId=-49995498&currentIdx=7&subCategory=-49999486%7c-49995498&catentryId=6110595&sort=

http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?storeId=10052&catalogId=10051&categoryId=-49995498&currentIdx=7&subCategory=-49999486%7c-49995498&catentryId=6110595&sort=

http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?storeId=10052&catalogId=10051&categoryId=-49995498&currentIdx=47&subCategory=-49999486%7c-49995498&catentryId=6097473&sort=

http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?storeId=10052&catalogId=10051&categoryId=-49995498&currentIdx=48&subCategory=-49999486%7c-49995498&catentryId=6097081&sort=

CONGRATS!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neena101511. Show Neena101511's posts

Thanks everyone, I feel a little better about where to look. Peonie I am actually just looking for a nice summer dress, preferably white, nothing to...weddingy, maybe something i can wear again at some point. I think my mom and sister want to take me shopping next weekend so hopefully I'll find something then. Thanks again everyone!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LindaO1MrsO1. Show LindaO1MrsO1's posts

In Response to Need a dress in three weeks...HELP PLEASE

Neena,
    You should also check the Neiman-Marcus and Nordstrom's  sale  sites.  They have many lovely dresses.  And, of course, there is always the Talbot's outlet in Hingham. Some suggestions for MOB/MOG dresses: Coldwater Creek Clearance/Sale.  They have several dresses for incredible prices. Also consider looking at the Barrie Pace site. 
    Good luck! A friend & I once planned & executed her sister's wedding in five days.  Friend came into work on a Monday & said her sister was being married that Saturday.  It was the week before Christmas so didn't have to worry about Church decos.  Sister wore my wedding gown and the bridesmaids wore my bridesmaid's gowns.  The gowns were hot pink but, I think everyone understood because the wedding was planned in one week.  Reception was in a church venue - not the greatest venue - but, it was available.
    HTH!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TarheelChief. Show TarheelChief's posts

Your best bet can be found at any choir rehearsal.What works for the choir and the Supreme Court,should work for both you and your husband.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LLLCK. Show LLLCK's posts

Neena,
    Just curious, did you find a dress? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neena101511. Show Neena101511's posts

I DID!!! Thank you everyone for all your advice and suggestions. I went Saturday with my mom and sister to Party Dress Express in Fall River, and as soon as we walked in it was on one of the first racks. It's a really simple white pull over spaghetti  strap with a lace overlay that has sleeves and a little tie around the waist on the front, that's knee length. I'm sooo excited! It's super simple but I think it's perfect for the occasion. Thanks for asking! Again thanks for all the suggestions!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dreamer-6-19. Show Dreamer-6-19's posts

congrats on finding THE dress!! :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TarheelChief. Show TarheelChief's posts

First,no halter tops.
    Second,Goodwill has a great number of very nice dresses.
    Third, Target can find you a brand new dress in 20 minutes.
    Last, get ahold of a cousin or sister who is the same size as you are.Ask her if she would mind if you used her exquisite taste to your advantage.This is something borrowed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from november2009. Show november2009's posts

Neena, Congratulations on finding a dress!  Sounds just like what you wanted.  Hope your planning is going well.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neena101511. Show Neena101511's posts

Thank you! It is, I love it and my Mom made a good point, she said when we have the "big" wedding I can wear it on my honeymoon. Thanks again!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Congrats on find the dress!! How about that, a wedding dress you can wear twice!

What did you think of the store you bought it from? My mom bought a dress from there and says that they have a bridal department now. Do you think it's worth stopping by? I just remember it being really small but that was YEARS ago.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

congrats on finding a dress! It sounds just perfect.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neena101511. Show Neena101511's posts

Hey CiCi, I would def. say it's worth a look. Bridal dept isn't huge but they have a decent selection of dresses. We stopped in just to see if they had a Demetrious (sp?) dress I fell in love at a different store but it turns out they don't carry his collection. They do have a lot of BMdresses I would go back for that, the staff is soooo helpfull to they came over and just gave me moral support while I was trying things on. They also have a ton of MOB or MOG dresses and they range from different styles and sizes. It's not super glamerous but there very helpful and my sister said when we did our bmdresses there for her wedding they gave us an option to pay the full price with alteration or get 20% off the dresses and take them as is. I don't know if that was a special or not but it was worth it for us, we just asked our grandmother (she was a seamstrs for many years) do the alterations for us. It's worth looking into. There also the wishing well I think it's in Seekonk somewhere, they had a much bigger bridal selection, but they have funky hours.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Thanks for the info Neena! I'll definitely try to check out both places this weekend. My mom found her MOB dress there for my sisters wedding which is why she mentioned it. We'll definitely keep it in mind for BM dresses too.

Your wedding must be coming up in a week or so, right? Good luck getting through the final days. You must be getting so excited.

Sections
Shortcuts