non-wedding shoes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

non-wedding shoes

I know there are a lot of shoe girls on here, so I thought this might be of interest.
    Personally, I kind of liked the first ones until I read they were real... ewww!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: non-wedding shoes

Now, those are some shoes I could get behind GIVING to the dog to chew up!  Gracie loves the hoof treats/chew "toys."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

Kar - have you found any that don't have an odor?  We used to give them to our dog when I was younger & I coudn't stand the smell.  DH wants to get them for the spoiled beagles, but I'm hesitant.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

The "plain" unstuffed ones that I get at the Hardwick Farm Co-op don't smell, but I don't think that's near you.  The stuffed ones (baked cheese something or other) are disgusting, and she loves them all the more for it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

See, I can understand why the McQueen shoes aren't most people's cup of tea. But what's wrong with the Balenciagas? I think they're cool! Like a fun twist on athletic detailing.

Jimmy Choo's Uggs are vile. I'd rather wear crocs than those.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

In Response to Re: non-wedding shoes:
    The "plain" unstuffed ones that I get at the Hardwick Farm Co-op don't smell, but I don't think that's near you.  The stuffed ones (baked cheese something or other) are disgusting, and she loves them all the more for it.
    Posted by kargiver

I used to have hooves for Max, not stuffed, and I thought they smelled bad. Like feet.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

See, I can understand why the McQueen shoes aren't most people's cup of tea. But what's wrong with the Balenciagas? I think they're cool! Like a fun twist on athletic detailing. Jimmy Choo's Uggs are vile. I'd rather wear crocs than those.
    Posted by pinkkittie27

I'm not sure I understand their aversion to regular Uggs.  They're supposed to be warm and comfortable.  They're not supposed to be super-stylish.  Personally, I would rather have ugly shoes keeping my feet firmly attached to my body than have my frozen toes removed from really cute shoes.

With that said, when I see a girl in CA wearing Uggs, I want to rip them off her feet and hit her repeatedly with them.  There is NO REASON to wear Uggs when it's 65!  (Especially since, as noted, they're not the most attractive shoes out there).

If those Jimmy Choos Uggs were about $20, I might think about wearing them.  But for $795?  For what look like slippers?  No frakking way.  Then again, when I watch SaTC, I always thought that most of Carries shoes were completely hideous.  I don't really get high fashion.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Hahaha!  That link was funny, although it blows my mind why people would buy such ugly shoes.  It seems like sometimes the ulgier something is the more it costs.  But funny, I noticed the weird blue sparkly shoes on a Glee repeat the other day when they did Lady Gaga.  Kurt was wearing them which made it even more funny!  I love Glee!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

In Response to Re: non-wedding shoes : I'm not sure I understand their aversion to regular Uggs.  They're supposed to be warm and comfortable.  They're not supposed to be super-stylish.  Personally, I would rather have ugly shoes keeping my feet firmly attached to my body than have my frozen toes removed from really cute shoes. With that said, when I see a girl in CA wearing Uggs, I want to rip them off her feet and hit her repeatedly with them.  There is NO REASON to wear Uggs when it's 65!  (Especially since, as noted, they're not the most attractive shoes out there). If those Jimmy Choos Uggs were about $20, I might think about wearing them.  But for $795?  For what look like slippers?  No frakking way.  Then again, when I watch SaTC, I always thought that most of Carries shoes were completely hideous.  I don't really get high fashion.
    Posted by lucy7368

well, if people only wore them on cold/snowy days, it would make sense and no one would take issue. like how crocs wouldn't bother me if they were solely worn in hospitals, boats and gardens. I have very comfortable and somewhat stylish rubber rain boots. If I wore them with shorts to the mall on a clear suny day, it just would look weird and sloppy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

I have very comfortable and somewhat stylish rubber rain boots. If I wore them with shorts to the mall on a clear suny day, it just would look weird and sloppy.
    Posted by pinkkittie27

This is exactly my point.  I guess it's just that it's so cold around here that Uggs rarely look out of place to me.

Except when I saw someone walking through Fanueil Hall last week wearing Uggs, jean shorts, and a puffer coat.  IN SEPTEMBER.  It was 64 degrees.  Not warm, but... c'mon.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

ha ha ha! It's like how I have no problem with leggings, except when people wear them as pants. That's just not their function. it's like riding a lawn mover to get to work downtown.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

YES!  Exactly!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonman1. Show bostonman1's posts

.....I have very comfortable and somewhat stylish rubber rain boots."....

This is the problem with Boston women.
    Now you know why New Yorkers laugh at us.

Sections
Shortcuts