Norwood / Dedham recommendations

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rapunzel41. Show Rapunzel41's posts

Norwood / Dedham recommendations

Morning, ladies...

I'm going dress shopping with a friend in a few weeks, and I'm looking for dress shop recommendations in the Norwood / Dedham area.  We're going to start at David's (of course) but I'd like to have some other options for her.

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

Re: Norwood / Dedham recommendations

I've been to Manhattan Bridals and WOULDN'T recommend them.  Each time I've been there, its been aprogressively bad experience.  From nasty seamstresses, to not being able to get an alterations appointment, to messing up the measurements (petite bride/huge dress, large bride/small dress) to having a bride walk down the aisle with a pinned dress on her wedding day.  Although I'm hearing they've changed ownership/management...

There is also Terry's Bridals in Norwood Center, I've got no experience with them though..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DWR1. Show DWR1's posts

Perfect Timing to check out the Bridal Brunch and Fashion w/ Pricilla of Boston
    They are part of the Fashion Show on March 6th Sunday at the Roof Top Ballroom of the Omni Parker House Hotel   Reservations are required 617-227-8600. Jenny Johnson and The Knot.com are also speaking and the event is exclusive along with top table settings and floral arrangements while you enjoy a wonderful brunch and fashion show.

Enjoy your search

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

They just opened up a new Alfred Angelo store at the Dedham Plaza (?--where there's the Shaw's/Friendly's/Carter's/etc. right on Route 1, across from the Best Buy and TGIFriday's). I haven't been there (5th anniversary coming up...), but it's certainly worth a peek if you're in the neighborhood.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I love AA's Dream in Color line.  I picked this one out, but ended up going with something else.  I still love it, though...

Dream in Color #1708

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rapunzel41. Show Rapunzel41's posts

My friend is the epitome of tomboy...  She's currently dead set against a full length gown, leaning more toward tea length or cocktail length.  There will not be any satin or taffeta in her wedding etiher.  LOL.

Alfred Angelo actually has a great selection of bridesmaids dresses in white that would work for her, so I suggested she make an appointment there as well.  Thanks for the tip!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

If she wants something non-traditional, how about hitting Nordstrom's or Macy's for her dress? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from venforknot. Show venforknot's posts

JCrew has great dresses for weddings for the non-satin crowd too :-)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

if I were a tomboy, I might have skipped a dress all together...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAC23. Show CAC23's posts

I disagree with Laryn, I have been to Manhattan Bridals twice, once to purchase a bridesmaid dress for my sister-in-laws wedding, and back again for with my own bridesmaids to get their dresses. They were very helpful, not pushy, and they have the Pretty Maids collection, and we found the perfect dress for everyone. Prices were reasonable, too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rapunzel41. Show Rapunzel41's posts

She's making appointments at AA and DB for now.  She's seen a few she likes on each, and it will be a good place to start for now...

She's really stressing about it, and I'm hoping to help ease her mind!