NYC Bridal Salons

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccollopy3. Show ccollopy3's posts

NYC Bridal Salons

I was wondering if there were any suggestions for bridal salons in NYC?  I am going on a trip with my mother and bridesmaids to go dress shopping and would love some recommendations.  I'm on a tight budget and looking to spend under $1,500 (which could be tough in NYC).  As of now we are planning on stopping at RK Bridal, Macy's and the Bridal Garden.  Are there any other places we should check out?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccollopy3. Show ccollopy3's posts

Re: NYC Bridal Salons

Great, thank you for the reviews!  I definitely appreciate it because I have no clue what I'm getting myself into. I'm hoping that weekend goes well!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LindaO1MrsO1. Show LindaO1MrsO1's posts

ccollopy3,
    I am from Albany, NY but, somewhat familiar with the "Garment/Bridal District" in NYC. I did check out, online, RK Bridals and the Bridal Garden.  Their gowns appear quite current.  Don't waste your time at Macy's. Have been in the 34th St. Store,did a not find sales associates very helpful. There are many other Bridal stores in the Bridal District.  However, if you only have a limited time, I think RK and the Bridal Garden are the best.  Have you considered Bravo Bridal - they sell dresses that have been worn once for very reasonable prices.
    HTH!!  LindaOmrsO.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

The only one I know of is Kleinfeld. :)  Looks like there are lots of trunk sales going on in the next couple of months, though!  You might even get on "Say Yes to the Dress!"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

If your budget is tight, why are you spending all that money to go to NYC?  You can get the same dresses here in Boston.

Don't get me wrong, it would be a fun trip, for sure!  Just don't tell them you're getting it altered elsewhere until the dress comes in.  By all means, get it altered locally. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LindaO1MrsO1. Show LindaO1MrsO1's posts

In Response to Re: NYC Bridal Salons:
    The only one I know of is Kleinfeld. :)  Looks like there are lots of trunk sales going on in the next couple of months, though!  You might even get on "Say Yes to the Dress!"
    Posted by heatherv1211

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LindaO1MrsO1. Show LindaO1MrsO1's posts

In Response to Re: NYC Bridal Salons:
    Posted by heatherv1211

Kleinfeld's is not an inexpensive store. Doubt they have a "Sale Rack".  My niece's dress for her 1st wedding was about $5K.  You cannot just stop in to Kleinfled's.  You  must book an appt. and I think one cannot book an appt. on a Thurs, for a Sat.  And, with your budget in mind, I think you would be very, very disappointed.

Cosmo, I agree with you.  Why go to NYC, when there are so many option's in the boston area.

However, if you do go to NYC, I think your best options are RK Bridal and the Bridal Shop,  Also, please review my previous posting on the NYC "Bridal District".  HTH.

Sections
Shortcuts