On the veil trail...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bianca01. Show bianca01's posts

On the veil trail...

Hi,
    Does anyone have any suggestions on where to get a veil in the $100 price range? I looked at David's bridal and they had some good options, but any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!
    K

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

Re: On the veil trail...

Shoes to Dye For in Natick has a ton of inventory in that price range.  They will customize stuff for you too.  I had a great customer service experience with them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

Not sure what you are looking for, but I have one that I paid about $300 for that I would be willing to sell for that much.
     It is a very plain Toni Federichi (sp?) that I bought at Christina's bridal in Andover.  It is ivory and elbow length.  I think I wore it for 20 minutes. 
    Let me know if you are interested.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScooterSM. Show ScooterSM's posts

I found a bunch on etsy.com and ebay in that price range or cheaper...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bianca01. Show bianca01's posts

Thank you so much for all the advice. I am looking for a chapel length ivory, or off white veil.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Boston, I would very interested in seeing your veil, if you don't mind. How much are you asking for it?!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

if you know exactly what you want, you might check out:
    ...i found that website overwhelming, and preferred to make my selection with the help  of a knowledgeable salesman.  But if you do know what you want, I've heard their prices and quality are good.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

My seamstress made one for $65, I think. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Epigal. Show Epigal's posts

You could try Vows (I think it moved to Watertown?). Also, Priscilla of Boston had a very basic long veil for about $100 that could probably be cut down to whatever length you wanted.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bianca01. Show bianca01's posts

Hi Kargiver
    I think I remember you mentioning that you bought your dress at VOWS. Did the VOWS recommended tailor, Anajhit make your veil?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

In Response to Re: On the veil trail...:
    Boston, I would very interested in seeing your veil, if you don't mind. How much are you asking for it?!
    Posted by Peonie

I guess I would want to sell it for $100 because I paid so much and only wore it for a short time.  It's very simple, but Beautiful  (i think! :)
    Would you like me to send you a photo?  I'll have to see if I have one.  I know the photographer took some, but i still haven't ordered my photos!  AH!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Totally fair price. If you can find some pictures to post, that would be awesome :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

Totally fair price. If you can find some pictures to post, that would be awesome :)
    Posted by Peonie

I'm having a really hard time posting pics.  Is there another way I can send them to you?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Bianca, sorry to just see your post now - I've been getting behind here...

Anyway, yes, I bought my dress at VOWS, and they gave me Anahit's card.  A friend of mine had been to her, thouhg,  before that and said she was a "miracle worker" so I had already decided to go with her.  Yes, she made my veil, and I was very happy with it.  It was very plain, as I requested, because the top of my gown was all lace.  I didn't want the veil to detract from the dress.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LindaO1MrsO1. Show LindaO1MrsO1's posts

I would suggest you try Windsor Button, 35 Temple Place, Boston.  Phone number is: 617-482-4969.  They have very reasonable veils on their site - they also have headpieces.
    What about Bravo Bride?  They sell bridal items which have been used.  Just some suggestions.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

I ended up ordering my veil online from http://www.wedding-veil.com/. It just came in the mail last week and honestly I like it better than any of the ones I saw at bridal shops in the area, and I only paid $60. 

I have to say I've never gotten such good service from a web only company.  They will send you swatches of the various shades for free so you can make sure it matches before you order and they will take custom orders.  The one I loved was on their website as a two tier and I really wanted a one tier veil so I called to them to see if they had it as a one tier.  For a $10 fee they seperated the tiers for me, put them on two different combs and actually sent me two veils for the price of one.  It worked out really well since I was torn on what length I wanted and now I have two options to choose from that day.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

I ended up ordering my veil online from http://www.wedding-veil.com/. It just came in the mail last week and honestly I like it better than any of the ones I saw at bridal shops in the area, and I only paid $60.  I have to say I've never gotten such good service from a web only company.  They will send you swatches of the various shades for free so you can make sure it matches before you order and they will take custom orders.  The one I loved was on their website as a two tier and I really wanted a one tier veil so I called to them to see if they had it as a one tier.  For a $10 fee they seperated the tiers for me, put them on two different combs and actually sent me two veils for the price of one.  It worked out really well since I was torn on what length I wanted and now I have two options to choose from that day.
    Posted by SSBride09

SS- I got my veil from there and LOVED it! I got a lace-edged mantilla veil for about 100 and they are usually 200 and up!  It was great quality too! Glad you liked them as well!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I got my veil on ebay for like $30 or $40. Two layer cathedral length white tulle with white satin piped edge.

Sections
Shortcuts