OT - adjustable necklaces

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: OT - adjustable necklaces

Kar,
    Love that Zales one.
    I have a gorgeous necklace, but I would like it 2 - 3 inches longer. So I am looking for a "necklace extender". Maybe that could be something you could use as well. They come in sets of several lengths. Can we see your pendant? Or maybe is it too personal.
    Good luck hunting. - Pingo

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Hey Kar!  I've never had an adjustable chain, so I can't really help.  But I do have a similar box chain for a necklace i wear every day and I have one issue with it that drives me crazy.  For some reason, it gets knotted up with my hair on the back of my neck.  Drives me nuts because I constantly have to pull it out (breaking hair, which can hurt) and hair gets all knotted on it, so I have to use tweezers to pull it out (which is a pain and it looks bad).

Just wanted to let you know!  Maybe wear it for a day or 2 and see if it bothers you.  Of course, my problem may be that i never take it off, I wear it sleeping and in the shower.  It is a beautiful chain though, so I don't plan on replacing it!

PS.  I'd love to see your pendant too!  My DH got me emerald earrings for Xmas.  Aww, what a sweetie!  I'll have to take a pic and upload.

Happy New Year's everyone!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks for the info ladies!  I'll be sure to slide the necklace around and see if it catches my hair.  Never would have thought of that.  And, do they make necklace extenders that are adjustable or just one added length?

Since you asked, I don't mind sharing...but I'll have to see those emerald earrings in return, Trex!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

OMG Kar,
    This is truly a beautiful pendant - Pingo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thank you - I was so stunned when I opened it...still am!

(We went out shortly after I posted.  Just got home at 8.  Went to see True Grit.  Excellent movie.)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

Kar, it's gorgeous!  From DH? 

Sorry I'm no help with chain advice.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I've never had an adjustable chain, but when I want to lengthen a necklace I use a bracelet as an extender. I also just have two shorter chains I use with pendants from longer chains when I need to.

I like the idea of the snake chain you linked to. I think you won't be able to tell for sure how secure the adjustment is unless you go to the store and pick it up and see for yourself.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

I can't help with the adjustable situation, except to say that snake chain would probably look better with the pendant.  The Box chain might just be too, well, boxy, and detract from it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Hey Guys!  I finally got around to taking a pic of the earrings!  Not the greatest photo, but you get the idea.  I love them!!

PS.  We did a little post wedding photo shoot and our photographer posted them on her blog!  If you are interested, check them out by CLICKING HERE.  The second photo is my favorite!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

Trex, you are so cute!!!  I'm in love with your photos. 

DH and I are going to work on our album with our photographer's graphic designer tomorrow.  Can't wait!  Part of me is wishing we'd done a session like that or had some of your scenery, though.  :)  Holy cow!  Simply breathtaking. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Trex, gorgeous!!!!  I LOVE them - you must have been blown away.  And, wow, those wedding photos are amazing in every sense.

Rirlo, yes, the cross was from my DH, a total surprise.  Thanks!!

I tried the snake chain, and it didn't give in the center where the cross was hanging - it made a U-shape instead of a V.   I went with the box chain because it allowed the cross to hang at the point of the V the chain makes.  I don't have a photo yet...stay tuned.

P.S. Trex, be sure to go to Claire's and buy nylon hook earring backs.  They are little cylinders that slide up the hook and prevent them from sliding out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Here it is as short and long as it gets

Sections
Shortcuts