OT - American Idol

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

OT - American Idol

I'm with you Pink - I DVR What Not to Wear and watch them when DH is busy doing research or grading papers.
    And he watches History Channel at night after I've gone to bed. :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

OT - American Idol

I agree - this season has been disappointing. For one thing, 36 is way too many. So many of them are out of their league up there on national television.

I forget the guy's name last week, but I think it was Mike. I thought his performance was awful, though I did like him in auditions. I would have prefered to see Anoop go through.

And Kar, I am with you there. This show is the ONE show that my fiance can not stand. He can even sit through half of America's Next Top Model on occasion, but not AI!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

OT - American Idol

Oh, well then, I'm glad I don't watch it :)

[Quote]
    You wouldn't have liked this, pink. It was painful.[/Quote]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

OT - American Idol

It's called compromise. I don't force DH to watch "What Not To Wear" and he doesn't force me to watch "Law & Order".
    Is a TV show really so important? Especially AI??

[Quote]

If your husband does not like a show, you just don't watch it?? That is sad.[/Quote]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

OT - American Idol

I haven't broken down and gotten a DVR yet. There's not much on TV that I like to watch, and I'm afraid that if it were all suddenly available to me at any time I wanted I mgiht never leave the house.
    I do Netflix watch instantly and Hulu though, I love 30 Rock.

[Quote]I'm with you Pink - I DVR What Not to Wear and watch them when DH is busy doing research or grading papers.
    And he watches History Channel at night after I've gone to bed. :)[/Quote]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

OT - American Idol

[Quote]
    You wouldn't have liked this, pink. It was painful.

[/Quote]

Agreed!

Most of the singers this year I think are terrible. Anoop has a good voice, but he sucked the last time he sang. That last kid who sang Wed night and was the last one put through last night I think is horrible! I think the 16 yr old redhead is ok. I thought Brooke White's song last night was terrible

I hate when the judges critique, and then the contestants argue with them. That is my biggest annoyance with the show. I hate arrogance. Like, ok, you made it here, you have not MADE IT yet, so shut up

American Idol was definitely better in previous years

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

OT - American Idol

So funny! My DH also will stop for awhile on America's Next Top Model if nothing else is on and will be mildly entertained (is it the boobs?), but AI is out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

OT - American Idol

Does anyone watch? I didn't catch all of the performances last night, but I really liked Kris (Man in the Mirror) and Allison (16 year old) and the clip I saw of Jesse (Bette Davis Eyes).

Last week, I was really disappointed that Anoop didn't make it through. I liked Jackie the quirky one but her performance was awful last week. A lot of them were like karaoke actually.

How is this Wild Card thing going to work??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ash. Show ash's posts

OT - American Idol

[Quote]I don't watch AI, but anyone who sings "Bette Davis Eyes" is a winner in my book.[/Quote]
    You wouldn't have liked this, pink. It was painful.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

OT - American Idol

We have a way better solution. multiple TVs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ash. Show ash's posts

OT - American Idol

So far very disappointed with this season. I actually cringed at the first person singing. I liked the black guy with the corkscrew hair that Simon said he'd seen a million of during his years on AI. I actually liked him the best.

The 16 year old was good, but they honestly should not reward her dumbness.

Funnily, Norman (or whatever his name is) really had the most polished voice. But he's such a weirdo.

I thought the last guy was a little much.

I thought the appropriate people made it through last week, but I also liked anoop.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from octbride09. Show octbride09's posts

OT - American Idol

I have been trying really hard not to watch this season.

I really really want Nick Mitchell to make it to the finals. If he makes it, I'm watching it every time it's on. That guys is just what the show needs! COMEDY.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

OT - American Idol

fram, what am I to do, I married someone not into AI?! I miss it. My grandmother taught me voice lessons, and I've sung my whole life in church and even gave someone else lessons. I enjoy AI from a technical perspective, and I almost ALWAYS make the same comments during the performances that Randy makes afterwards. It's uncanny.

Wish I could weigh in!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

OT - American Idol

I don't watch AI, but anyone who sings "Bette Davis Eyes" is a winner in my book.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

OT - American Idol

i've been disappointed in not only this year, but last year as well. 36 is way too much. not sure if I like the new format of determining the top 12, although I do like Kara as a judge. she dosent seem to be as much of a nut job as Paula is.

I'm thinking that Anoop may get a "wild card" spot...i like anoop

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

OT - American Idol

Thanks Marmie. You're right - the past couple of seasons they had a top 24 and voted off 2 each week. I had never watched an entire season until a couple years ago, so I never saw the wild card business!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ash. Show ash's posts

OT - American Idol

The person who went last (Lil something) in last night's show is going to win.

I'm predicting her, eyebrow guy (jorge) and the blind guy tonight. That blond country girl has a shot and the black guy (Ju'not?), too.

I felt like I was watching a different performance than the judges with that stay at home mom lady who lives in VA and was called back. I thought she was horrid, and she was off with the back up singers and the band.

Everyone else was either bad or mediocre.

Oh, and I don't think people are necessarily picking the wrong songs. There is something wrong with the arrangements.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

OT - American Idol

I missed it last night! If only I had time to youtube the performances today. At least they will show the clips again tonight, I think.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ash. Show ash's posts

OT - American Idol

[Quote]

Agreed!

Most of the singers this year I think are terrible. Anoop has a good voice, but he sucked the last time he sang. That last kid who sang Wed night and was the last one put through last night I think is horrible! I think the 16 yr old redhead is ok. I thought Brooke White's song last night was terrible

I hate when the judges critique, and then the contestants argue with them. That is my biggest annoyance with the show. I hate arrogance. Like, ok, you made it here, you have not MADE IT yet, so shut up

American Idol was definitely better in previous years[/Quote]

Missy, I agree on the arguing thing. Whenever Ryan says to the contestants, "Do you agree with Simon" and they start saying "Well, I think I was wonderful". I just want to shake them. You sang off key, you ninny!

I actually have to disagree with Laryan. I don't like the new judge at all. Paula needs to go, really. When she had to go first on Wednesday, she deferred to Simon! Does she have any opinions of her own???

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

OT - American Idol

[Quote]I'm with you Pink - I DVR What Not to Wear and watch them when DH is busy doing research or grading papers.
    And he watches History Channel at night after I've gone to bed. :)[/Quote]

Exactly! Occasionally he watches hockey in the bedroom and I get to sneak in an episode of Desperate Housewives. Perfect compromise!

As for AI, I was happy with the people who made it through last night. The last one (Adam?) is definitely over the top, but talented. It will be nice to see if he can reign it in a little.