OT- Do you have Wedding Dreams/Nightmares?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

ams, I can relate! I also have weird dreams with red wine, even just one glass. white doesn't do it to me at all.

I cry over way stupid things in dreams, too, but maybe it just goes to show that we really care more than we like to think we do about "little" things. My mom lives out of state, too, and I missed her through the whole planning process especially at my dress fittings.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ash. Show ash's posts

At least my wedding nightmares have replaced the dream of being back in either hs or college, finding out there was a class or an exam I never took, the exam is that day and I find out I may not graduating. Weird. I used to have that one all the time. I guess it's pretty popular.

They are the same dream. The events just get changed depending on your life's circumstances. It is about being worried that you are not prepared for something. Very normal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from octbride09. Show octbride09's posts

[Quote]

The nightmares I did have were that no one was at the church, I wasn't ready, everyone else in my wedding party was taking their sweet time getting ready, and it felt like everything was moving in slow motion.[/Quote]

I've had a very similar dream to yours. Same thing. No one was ready, taking their sweet time. And, the limo was there to pick us up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Had a nightmare the other night. I don't remember what it was, but I do remember feeling terribly scared when I woke up.

Don't know if it was just anxiety or what.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

That's one of my favorite dream websites.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

too funny oct! After readingt hat you have it too I did a quick google searcha nd I guess it's a very common dream.
    It seems it just means there's something going on in your life that you feel unprepared for or that you don't have the skills to handle, or you fear that you're unprepared.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I know that wasn't directed at me, WPP, but we had ours pretty far away, too - I think it was about 5 months before the wedding. We each only had one, and we had them about 2 weeks apart. Maybe the wedding planning was extra stressful at that time, I dunno, can't remember.

ETA: Those are really bizzarre!!! You must be a creative person. Mine were very run of the mill.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Totally normal, I had them. For me it was I got to my hotel and I didn't have my dress and had to arrange for someone to go get it for me.
    lol, I still have dreams where I'm back in college and I find outt here's a class I enrolled in that I haven't been going to for 2 months and its a requirement.
    Isn't it great what stress does to your brain? :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

I tried to wake him up, but it was in the middle of the night, and I was extremely tired. After a while, I stopped trying and just fell back to sleep from pure weakness. Ha!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

[Quote]I've been having wedding nightmares since I was about 12 years old... :)[/Quote]

Lucy - me too! I've had wedding anxiety dreams looooong before I was engaged. Now I have them every. freaking. night.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from octbride09. Show octbride09's posts

[Quote]I still have dreams where I'm back in college and I find outt here's a class I enrolled in that I haven't been going to for 2 months and its a requirement.
    Isn't it great what stress does to your brain? :)[/Quote]

I have this dream all the time. The mystery class I've never attended.

Yeah, I had a dream once that I went to put my dress on, upzipped the bag and it wasn't my dress. I had a dream once before that I was getting married at some place and absolutely nothing was set up and everything was wrong.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I'm sure I have, but I don't recall too many at the moment.

I remember one where I was at my parents' house and I was all ready to go to the ceremony, but no one else was dressed and their attitude was, It's OK - we can get there whenever we want.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

for me the wedding dreams started 8 months before and stopped about a month before-hand. I think it's because I knew that everything was under control byu that point.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ilovebeagles. Show ilovebeagles's posts

i do! i have had several
    one of someone, a certain someone, coming in late and disrupting the ceremony by yelling and screaming they are sorry for being late.
    i had another very vivid one where i got my hair done for the wedding and it looked horrible. like not just bad, but it was all frizzed out with sticks and leaves coming out of it, like a bush on top of my head. and i was freaking out about it, but my mom and sister kept telling me, no it looks beautiful, not its great, i love it.
    and i was like - what is wrong with you people, it is a bush!!!!!
    i have another where someone spilled bright blue paint on my gown and no one noticed but me again.

too funny

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

OK, the night we were talking about white gold vs. platinum wedding bands, I had a nightmare that I looked down and saw that while I hadn't taken my rings off that my wedding band had somehow disappeared while my e-ring was still there (yes, I wear my wedding band on the inside). Not only was I horrified that my wedding band was gone, I was totally confused as to how it could have come off around/over my e-ring! It made NO SENSE!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

I was going to start this post too! Good idea! Before I got engaged I had the pregnant dream. After I was engaged the wedding dreams/nightmares started. However, I guess the two are meshing because yesterday I had a dream I was pregnant and had to find a way to fit into my wedding dress as I would be 7 months pregnant on my big day. yikes!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

haha. YES. In fact I posted this exact thing a few months ago. I haven't had any lately, but i was having one every night for awhile there.

They get more odd every day. Its normal!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

Wow, ok I guess i get to join this club now too. Only my nightmares are about the shower... and so weird!! Make sense though, since I am super stressed about the shower, but the wedding is, so far, right on point.
    I can't wait for the silly thing to be over so that I can start stressing about the actual wedding like a normal bride :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from octbride09. Show octbride09's posts

Okay, so..I am a pretty vivid dreamer. I probably have 1 wedding nightmare every few weeks.

Sometimes my dress doesn't fit or everything is just wrong. Sometimes I miss the ceremony.

Just wondering if anyone ever has any wedding nightmares. At least my wedding nightmares have replaced the dream of being back in either hs or college, finding out there was a class or an exam I never took, the exam is that day and I find out I may not graduating. Weird. I used to have that one all the time. I guess it's pretty popular.

Anyone else out there have wedding dreams or nightmares?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Well I had white wine last night and I still had a crazy dream. lol. I had no one to do my hair or makeup, but I can't remember why; several people tried to do it but no one could figure out where the headband was supposed to go. So I threw a fit (of course) and ended up doing it myself and it looked awful and i was mortified. hahaha. I'm a total bridezilla in my dreams. :-)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

I had another one last night. Only it wasn't me in the dream. It was someone who I felt was me, but it didn't look like me at all.

And, the other night, I had a dream that my shoes fit perfectly, but when I looked down, they were the shoes I bought.

I just have random dreams.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Oct, how far out are you?

I didn't think these would start until a couple months until the wedding (I'm six months from tomorrow), but I had a dream the other night....Something about the photographer wanting to shoot a lot of weird pictures, we were dancing on a pickup truck, then running through a sea of balloons, all the while the photog was snapping away.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

I've been having wedding nightmares since I was about 12 years old... :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I had one wedding nightmare and so did dear fiance. That was it, but they were vivid and scary!

That's funny; I've had that other dream a ton, but not since I left my career. It WAS over my head the whole 12 years I was in it. I felt unprepared every single day, and the terrible part about it was that there was nothing I could do. More school in that area was over my head, too. Yikes, it stunk. Maybe I'll never have it again!

Sections
Shortcuts