OT- Do you have Wedding Dreams/Nightmares?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Nice repression of your inner bridezilla, ams! :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Regarding the dress thing....I think its normal, but that's only b/c I think about my dress and I think, "did I make the right choice" but then when I think about how it felt when I said "this is the one" I feel great about it. Go with your gut on that one, I'm sure it is beautiful.

Regarding nightmares....ugh. I wouldnt mind them so much if I didnt wake up SOBBING every time. And over stupid ish too. Last night, it was that my parents were in town before the wedding but had to leave jsut before I had to meet w/ the venue to finalize things. I was in hysterics about not having my mom there when I picked my cake. lol.

Truth is, I will probaly have my mom on a conference call that day b/c she won't be here -- but that's just the breaks w/ moving away from home.

I find I have more nightmares when I drink red wine. maybe i should switch to white....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from klm44. Show klm44's posts

I am having a real life nightmare that I am not loving my wedding dress! Ugh. Is this normal? Just second guessing things I suppose!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishchick. Show irishchick's posts

I had a wedding dream last night where I was hand-addressing the invitations with a very neat block writing I saw someone do on Etsy.com - except mine weren't nearly that neat...

I've been having dreams/nightmares more lately about how to fit two adults, two dogs, a home office and a baby that doesn't yet exist into our adorable 684 sq. ft. condo we've only owned for a little over a year...the other day I dreamed that I walked down the hall and there was this surprise 3rd bedroom I never knew about!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from octbride09. Show octbride09's posts

My wedding nightmares are both from things I am insecure about. 1. is my dress. Worried it's going to look stupid on me or I'm going to gain/lose weight so it doesn't fit. The other is about the place bc it's a mansion and I've never been to a wedding with that kind of flow before. Usually we stay in one space the entire night. This is a half tent/mansion type wedding, so I have insecurities about that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

One of my great worries/nightmares, like yours, is not being able to fit into my dress. A friend of mine had lost so much weight from her last fitting to her wedding day, that the seamstress had to come to her house and sew her into her wedding dress on the day of her wedding.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishchick. Show irishchick's posts

[Quote]

From DreamMoods:

Room

To dream that you are in a room, represents a particular aspect of yourself or a particular relationship. Dreams about various rooms often relate to hidden areas of the conscious mind and different aspects of your personality.

To dream that you find or discover new rooms, suggests that you are developing new strengths and taking on new roles. You may be growing emotionally. Consider what you find in the discovered room.

To see an appealing or comfortable room in your dream, signifies opulence and satisfaction in life.

To see a dark, eerie or confining room, denotes that that you feel trapped or repressed in a situation.

Wow, Lucy - thanks for digging that up! The room I found was a perfectly appointed guestroom and I was so happy to see this. You have no idea how relevant this is to my life right now! Thank you!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from octbride09. Show octbride09's posts

I had the dream again last night. It's the day of my wedding and the place where I am having my reception is totally different. They are trying to cram all my guests into this little tiny space. I am very angry with the wedding coordinator and telling them this was not the room that I booked for the wedding and I want my money back or it fixed ASAP.

I am getting married in October.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ash. Show ash's posts

.the other day I dreamed that I walked down the hall and there was this surprise 3rd bedroom I never knew about!
    Actually, there is a meaning to finding a room in your house that you didn't know existed. I think it means that finding a solution to your problem is within your grasp, or really that you know what the solution is. Mmmm. I'll have to see if I can find that one.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

I'm getting married this October, and thankfully, I haven't had any nightmares in a while. I started having them when we got engaged a year ago. Now, I am 8 months out, and I haven't had one in a while.

The nightmares I did have were that no one was at the church, I wasn't ready, everyone else in my wedding party was taking their sweet time getting ready, and it felt like everything was moving in slow motion.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from preserves. Show preserves's posts

I had a dream last night about the place cards about how it was the day before and they weren't done. I don't remember much other than feeling that it was very stressful. My dreams are never that vivid but I always wake up feeling anxious...thank goodness they don't happen that often.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from katie1980. Show katie1980's posts

Had one last night - not nightmare - but about invitations.

All my dreams were about invitations!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

FI and I both had wedding nightmares on the same night this week. FI dreamt that I called off our wedding. In mine, FI told me that he didn't love me anymore and that our relationship was lousy. When I mentioned trying to get deposits back, he told me not to cancel because he still wanted the party, just not the marriage...

In another dream I was getting ready to walk down the aisle in a dumpy black dress, black socks, messy hair, and no makeup.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I do that, too, Goodness. It's almost worse than having the ones I can remember. I cuddle up to DH, and he wrap his arm over mine and I go back to sleep that way - otherwise, I toss and turn the rest of the night.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Haha - so many of my wedding anxiety dreams are about not having my hair done. Last night's dream was that the wedding processional music was playing, my fiance was at the altar waiting for me and my bridesmaids walked down the aisle - but i was still in a bathrobe and my hair was in a wet messy bun on top of my head!

Katie - I've also had invitation dreams! I think I've had dreams of just about everything at this point, I've been having them for so many years! (Although before I didn't know who was at the altar, now most of my dreams include FI :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from militarybrat20. Show militarybrat20's posts

I must be REALLY stressed real early on because im not getting married til NEXT June!! Im already having wedding nightmares. Ive had like at least 1 every night for the past 5 days. They are really vivid too! Last night i had a REALLY bad one.

I went to the chapel for the ceremony (which isnt how im doing it) and NOTHING was decorated, it just looked like a church mass. I didnt have my makeup done or my shoes on... and the "helpers" of the ceremony were 2 of my cousins that i dont get along with! We wrote our own vows and the officiant didnt even include them! Then i went to reception and there was already a wedding going on at 11 am!! My coordinator tells me they moved me to the "black room" which is the size of a bedroom and i have 130 guests! We couldnt all fit in there. my guests were SO angry and upset that they left! My wedding was a true nightmare, nothing i paid for was there and the staff didnt seem bothered at all..

I hope these go away.. you ladies talk about your dreams of your dress not fitting, i would rather have that dream than the ones i do!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

[Quote].the other day I dreamed that I walked down the hall and there was this surprise 3rd bedroom I never knew about!
    Actually, there is a meaning to finding a room in your house that you didn't know existed. I think it means that finding a solution to your problem is within your grasp, or really that you know what the solution is. Mmmm. I'll have to see if I can find that one.
    [/Quote]

From DreamMoods:

Room

To dream that you are in a room, represents a particular aspect of yourself or a particular relationship. Dreams about various rooms often relate to hidden areas of the conscious mind and different aspects of your personality.

To dream that you find or discover new rooms, suggests that you are developing new strengths and taking on new roles. You may be growing emotionally. Consider what you find in the discovered room.

To see an appealing or comfortable room in your dream, signifies opulence and satisfaction in life.

To see a dark, eerie or confining room, denotes that that you feel trapped or repressed in a situation.

Not surprisingly, DreamMoods also says that dreaming about a wedding while planning one highlights the stressfulness of planning a wedding. ;)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[Quote]

I tried to wake him up, but it was in the middle of the night, and I was extremely tired. After a while, I stopped trying and just fell back to sleep from pure weakness. Ha!

[/Quote]

That stinks! Happily for me, my DH doesn't need to be awake to wrap me up. Otherwise, I'd be out of luck, too - he's unwakable.

And, yeah, that was an interesting post from DreamMoods. Makes me want to visit that site.