OT: SYTTD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

Re: OT: SYTTD

I like Sarah too. She's the curly haired one who just got engaged. I missed the Claudia one where she got fired, disapointing. She was enjoyable to watch.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

In Response to Re: OT: SYTTD:
      I remember when there was an overweight bride trying to squeeze into that pink mermaid style dress -- it truly looked horrible on her -- and Randy was trying so hard to be nice.  Really, if you're over a size 10, the mermaid style is not for you! Posted by cosmogirl

Did you hear her friend so nicely tell her that she looked like Miss Piggy in that dress?  It was hysterical!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

The friday before last a woman bought my dress... after her dad said, "It looks 'dime-store'..."  Thanks, dad. 

I like Sarah and Nicole, and totally agree that Carmel is mean.  And I think Diane is a bit nuts.  Mixed feelings about Randy, but overall I think he knows his stuff and he is entertaining.  The worst offenders are the family members and friends that tag along, like some of the ones mentioned in this thread - I truly hope they get to see a glimpse of how they appear to the outside world when they see the show air on tv... unless it IS scripted. 

I liked how the blonde bride from Friday who was arguing with mom about the 7K dress kept saying, "you think I won't spend this on MY dress for MY wedding? that's BOGGLING to me" (which made me giggle for some reason) when SHE was NOT the one spending it!  I kept wanting mom to say, "then YOU buy it!"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

As nuts as Diane can be sometimes, i give her a lot of credit for not strangling the red-head from Minnasota who flew in on Daddy's plane and then took up 4 hours looking at dresses, only to leave empty handed and come back 20 mins before closing to try on my dresses. Yes, she eventually bought a dress but i would have strangled her after hour 2 or 3.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

NL:  I remember that one!  She expected them to keep the store open for her and was pissed when they didn't!  Poor Randy had to politely ask her to leave!

Poppy:  I was practically yelling at my TV:  THEN YOU BUY IT!!  That girl was one of the worst I've ever seen!  (hehe... it was "mind bottling"... did you see Blades of Glory?  Against all odds, I *loved* that movie!)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

In Response (hehe... it was "mind bottling"... did you see Blades of Glory?  Against all odds, I *loved* that movie!)
    Posted by trex509[/QUOTE]

Ha!  That is exactly what it made me think of!

NL - I had forgotten about that bride.  She acted so entitled.  I don't think she had ever heard the word no before in her life.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Anyone see the one with the bride in the wheelchair? That one I really liked.

How about the one where the bride wanted a pink dress and her FMIL was sticking up for her hardcore while her own mother was making fun of her. Go Mother in law!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dreamer-6-19. Show Dreamer-6-19's posts

Peonie, I liked the one with the girl in the wheelchair too!  She looked beautiful in her dress and it was great they could make the train for her! 

The MIL of the girl in the pink dress was great!!  Although I agree with the mother that one of the dresses looked like a curtain/bed spread (something like that).  It was horrible.  But then again, if it's what she wants then I'm all for it.  Some of those mothers need to get over themselves and realize its not about them. 

Ahhh I do love the show...too bad last week was the finale. Yell

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ash. Show ash's posts

all i know is, the one with the big black mole on her face ought to have it removed.  It skeeves me out.  cos-skank-mo-tastic-girl
    Posted by cosmogirl

YES!  I agree.  I can't stop staring at it, then I feel bad.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I watched a bunch of episodes today and finally saw the one where the twin sister was a complete witch.  I felt so bad for the bride!!! I hope she went shopping again without her selfish sister.
    Then there was one where the bride was trying to stick to a budget of $2000 and her BM kept saying (behind her back) she didn't believe the bride couldn't spend more and she didn't see what the big deal was.  Carmel was the consultant on that one and she seemed nice enough to me... but that was the first time I remember seeing her.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodie. Show woodie's posts

This show just keeps getting better!  I saw the one where the bride wanted to spend $10K on the dress and let grandma pick up the tab!  Grandma hadn't agreed to that price, so they left empty handed.  I am glad the bride didn't get her way. 
    So many of these brides feel entitled. It blows my mind.

Kath

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

My jaw hit the floor when I heard this little gem  come out of the mouth of one of the Kleinfeld's consultants:

"There are so many other ways to cut down a wedding budget... You should shave one or two people off the guest list to make sure you get to wear the dress of your dreams."

Surprised

riiiiiiight, because a dress you wear once is so much more important than your friends and family.

that show makes me want to throw up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodie. Show woodie's posts

You're right pinkkittie.  I am glad some folks realize it's not all about the dress.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

Then cut off a couple more,   for a $2,000 veil  not a $75 one,  and 2 pair of killer shoes, another $750 - gotta boost that sales commission!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Yeah, that's insane Pink!! 
    Besides, how much does she think it costs per person??  I would have had to cut like 15 people off my list to buy a dress at Kleinfeld's!

Edit:  I lied, I would have had to cut 30 or more from my guestlist to buy a dress there.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Fram- I know, right? They also mentioned having more filler in bouquets and centerpieces instead of flowers so she could spen more on the dress. I could only think "How in the heck can you 'save' $1k on flowers?? What flowers were you going to have??"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ash. Show ash's posts

Well of course they want you to cut out a few guests and buy dresses there.  They're saleswomen!  Working on commission!

Sometimes I feel a little nauesous when I watch it, but that just adds to the bad car wreck feeling.  I know I shouldn't look but I can't help myself.

I have to wonder 2 things:
    1.  How many people see themselves on that show and think "I came out looking bad, didn't I?" vs. the "I am as marvelous as I thought I was"?
    2.  How many of those marriages end in divorce within 5 years?

My favorites are always the Barbie dolls who come in and buy the $20,000 dresses that look like lingerie.  I can't help but think---you just spent someone's entire annual salary to look like, well, someone who works the night shift and I don't mean a nurse Surprised

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

it's true. I try not to watch, but once I see a few minutes I know I'm going to watch the whole episode. The addiction factor is incredible. It's kind of like how Cash Cab is addictive because the questions can be really easy and make you feel smart if the passenger doesn't know the answer.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Did anyone see last week's episode?

First, how many of you would rather have three $1,500 wedding dresses than one $4,500 dress? (Let's ignore that you could just wear one $1,500 dress)

Also, I want to make sure you all know that the bride who planned her entire wedding before the proposal was not me.  Cool

But I felt bad when they said the wedding was called off - I feel like it really wasn't necessary to add that.  Since we don't see every bride's wedding, they didn't have to say anything.  Like, do we really need to know what Nicole thinks?  Or were they just trying to make a point?  Like - this bride took charge, planned the entire wedding, didn't let her groom have any input into anything and.... oh, wait.  He cancelled the wedding.  Because I feel like a lot of men would prefer to have very little input into the planning process.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from deniece881. Show deniece881's posts

I saw that one.  I couldn't figure out how you could fit 3 dresses into a wedding without spending all your time changing. 

I know they sometimes follow up with the brides getting fitted and then married, but not all of them, so I was surprised they mentioned that that girl's wedding was cancelled too.  It seems like it would be hard enough to tell everyone you know, nevermind a TV audience.

And the Pnina dress for the church wedding (I can't remember which ep on Friday that was, I had full control of the tv for a change) - yikes!  I wouldn't go in public wearing that, never mind church!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

I saw those eps on Friday!  I thought it was so odd the girl who kept buying dresses.  I completely agree: why buy 3 when you could spend more on 1 amazing dress?  They didn't really say what she planned to do with the other ones...

And yeah, I felt bad for that bride too.  I think they were playing up the drama like you said about her BF being coerced into it.  Stinks, but I'm sure it happens more than you know.

All I could think about with that Pnina dress was "what was she thinking?".  She looked like a normal girl and that dress was hideous.  Her mom kept pointing out stuff on teh dress and I was like: what about the fact it is completely see through!!!  It was like stripper on the top, Cinderella on the bottom.  Looked like a really badly made costume.

This show makes me feel better about my fashion choices.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Once they added the white panels on the bodice and sewed up the cleavage a bit, I thought the top of the dress was beautiful.  But before they altered it, I actually forgot what I was talking about and just gaped at her.

Also, the bottom still gave me nightmares.  Were there hearts embroidered on the skirt, or was the overall look so traumatizing that I hallucinated it?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Every time this post gets revived, I think it says SYTYCD (So You Think You Can Dance).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

I love SYTYCD!  Too busy this summer, we have been missing it!  But I've *loved* past seasons!  I hear they changed it somehow this year? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I love SYTYCD!  Too busy this summer, we have been missing it!  But I've *loved* past seasons!  I hear they changed it somehow this year? 
    Posted by trex509

I think they're trying to make it more like Dancing with the Stars.  Why mess with a good thing???  There are the top 11 competitors and they brought back 11 "all stars" from previous seasons to be their partners.  (Supposed to be top 10, but they allowed an extra.)  I recognize all but 1 of the all stars - Alison?  The way it works is that if a contestant picks hip hop, for example, they will work with the hip hop all star that week.

You would think because they narrowed it down to 10 they would be SUPER great, but that isn't the case so far.  Of course I will keep watching anyway!

Sections
Shortcuts