OT: SYTTD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

OT: SYTTD

Did you guys see Say Yes To The Dress on Friday?  The bride who wanted a $7K dress that her mom was buying for her, but her mom only wanted to spend $4K?  Biggest spoiled brat I have ever seen and it made me ill to watch her whining about how she "spends so much money on clothes, how can I not spend it on my wedding dress?".  In that case, take out your own credit card and BUY IT YOURSELF! 

The worst part was that her mom actually bought it anyway. 

Sorry, vent over. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Re: OT: SYTTD

Yes! She was pouting and looked like she would go into a full-fledged hissy fit. "I spent $1,000 on a dress I wore to someone else's wedding, why wouldn't I spend more on my own wedding?" The consultants were saying, "This was really a family matter, so we stepped out of the room." She should've been a lot more embarrassed about the scene she was making. 

I couldn't believe that her mom bought it, and said, "She gets what she wants." 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I saw another one where the bride's grandmother was supposedly going to pay for the dress.  Without discussing it with her grandmother, she told the consultants that up to 5k was OK.  (Maybe it was more than 5k??)  The bride was shocked that grandma wouldn't want to spend so much.  And to top it off, it was her second marriage/wedding!  (Not that there is anything wrong with that... but you would think a person would learn after the first time that 5k is too much for someone else to pay for a dress :o)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

I saw that one too, Fra!  It was $10K she wanted to spend on her second wedding dress, and her family was saying that she already had an extravagent wedding the first time and didn't want to spend so much money again!!  I kind of think if your parents pay for your first wedding, you should pay for your second one yourself.

Are people really this spoiled?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

I also blame it on the consultants at Kleifelds, esp. that blonde one with the awful bangs. She NEVER stays within peoples budgets. "Well, she said $4,000, but I am just going to show her this $4,600 one." And of course, the bride will fall in love with the more expensive one. But, yes she was spoiled. But her mother didn't put her foot down, either.

But you never know if they are acting like this in front of the cameras, either.

And, even though I am not engaged yet, I find it insulting when some of those brides say "Well, I will never find anything that looks good for under $2,000, they all look cheap." Because I happen to LOVE Maggie Sottero and know for a fact she is way under $2k!! And, I don't think she looks cheap!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Peonie has a good point and I hope a valid one for the sake of all involved; maybe people are just hamming it up for the cameras.  Please, please, let that be what it is...otherwise, goodness, I just can't stand it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

In Response to Re: OT: SYTTD:
    [QUOTE]And, even though I am not engaged yet, I find it insulting when some of those brides say "Well, I will never find anything that looks good for under $2,000, they all look cheap." Because I happen to LOVE Maggie Sottero and know for a fact she is way under $2k!! And, I don't think she looks cheap!!
    Posted by Peonie[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  And I don't care how luxurious the material Pnini Tornai uses, her dresses make you look cheap.

I felt really bad for that other bride, whose family kept saying she was fat.  She looked perfectly fine to me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

every time I watch that show it reminds me why I went dress shopping by myself and got a $99 dress. All that drama and budget stretching for one dress isn't worth it.

it's become very clear that the brides ont hat show are looking for the "status" dress. It HAS to be designer and it HAS to come from Kleinfeld's and they HAVE to be on TV when they buy it. Otherwise, they won't have anythign to brag about.
    Pathetic.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

DKB:  I forgot about that!  I kept wishing someone would go out and slap that cousin.  She was SO rude.  How can anyone be that mean and insensitive?  And the bride actually looked really good in that form fitting dress!  (of course, I'm partial to that style).

Watching that ep, I wondered why I watch the show.  Sadly, it is because I love seeing all the beautiful dresses (and maybe laughing a little at the hideous ones).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sarahbth. Show sarahbth's posts

I think parents who have spoiled their kids as rotten as some of these  on the show  are getting what they deserve when their daughters pout over only having 5K or 10K to spend.

So into status and gimmee gimmee gimmee.

Tell me, mom,  who raised them with those rotten values?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

sarahbth!!!!!  long time no see! 

Yes, I was so disgusted when that mom caved into that spoiled brat.  No wonder she is that way.  I hope the poor guy she's marrying knows that he's getting into.

Yes, I agree that "Short Bangs" often brings out dresses over the price max. and then wonders why there is big drama. 

I love Randy and Keesha.  The rest of them are a train wreck! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

I LOVE Randy! I would go to Kleinfelds just so he could help me! I like Sarah, because she was so nice to the plus-sized bride who came in. And yes, that mother and cousin were so mean to that girl. She wasn't even big!

Keesha rocks, too! Did anyone see the episode with the twin sisters and the one not getting married was a total beotch to her sister? "We all have places to be, so seriously, hurry up." Talk about major jealously! I would have slapped her right straight in the face!

Ugh...why didn't we have a snow day today!! Wish my kids would stay out at recess all day!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

the consultants make comission. I'm never surprised when they start showing dresses that are too expensive.

I agree, Cos, Randy and Keesha are the only two I can stand.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I will have to admit as well that I love that show.
    I want to go and pretend that I am getting married to try on dresses:)
    I was horrified when I saw the episode with the twin sisters, that was absolutely unbelievable and had to be scripted.  The Pnini dresses are wretched and don't understand how anyone can think they are beautiful. I understand we all have different tastes but those are just horrible.
    What bugs me about the show is that the consultants do not stay within budget and then they get upset when the bride does not buy the dress, oh well should have listened to the bride in the beginning.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sarahbth. Show sarahbth's posts

There is 1 other I like, whose name escapes me.  She does not care to have Randy just waltz in without being asked, and in fact does very well.

Several times brides have been really tickled with a dress, after looking skeptical she chose it since it was not their request, and Randy suggested different.  The dress will be perfect.

Randy does not do well with women who are not slender, often immediately drops all idea of details like on anything below the bust, until the hem.  He seems to be going for something that  he thinks will disguise their size (I think.)

She will emphasize the waist or curves,  without adding bulk or a show stopping feature where they don't need it.  Many times something sheath like that makes you look them head to toe, they seem taller and slimmer.  Randy will shake his head and say - T never would have thought that would look so good on her.  His choice would have been some simple drape over wide hips that made them shorter and wider.

Wish I could think of her name.

Hi Cos!  Long time no free time!  Merry Christmas!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OT: SYTTD : Exactly.  And I don't care how luxurious the material Pnini Tornai uses, her dresses make you look cheap.
    Posted by dkb6248[/QUOTE]

I was packing for my trip yesterday and, in the back of my closest, I found a nightie that looks exactly like that see-through Pnina dress all the brides inexplicably love.  The only difference was that mine was black and shorter.  It probably cost $40.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OT: SYTTD : I was packing for my trip yesterday and, in the back of my closest, I found a nightie that looks exactly like that see-through Pnina dress all the brides inexplicably love.  The only difference was that mine was black and shorter.  It probably cost $40.
    Posted by lucy7368[/QUOTE]

And it's meant to be worn in front of 1 person instead of 150.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

go to a fabric store, tack on 200 yards of tulle onto the bottom and sell it for $15k!

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OT: SYTTD : I was packing for my trip yesterday and, in the back of my closest, I found a nightie that looks exactly like that see-through Pnina dress all the brides inexplicably love.  The only difference was that mine was black and shorter.  It probably cost $40.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

[QUOTE]go to a fabric store, tack on 200 yards of tulle onto the bottom and sell it for $15k! In Response to Re: OT: SYTTD :
    Posted by pinkkittie27[/QUOTE]

OMG.  That is the best idea I have ever heard!  Please don't tempt me.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ash. Show ash's posts

So glad to find out my friends over here love that train wreck of a show.  I can't stop watching it!  I agree with all the comments, especially the spoiled brats, that obnoxious sister and the grandmother who was buying the dress.  What about the one with the bridesmaid who kept making faces like she smelled something awful and when the bride didn't like a dress she liked said "What's your problem."

The thing about the Pnina dresses that really gets me is when the fathers and grooms exclaim over them.  Its a little sick.  Or everyone will say "Oh, she looks like a Princess".  Yah, Princess Debbie Does Dallas and Gets Married.

I missed Friday night so I hope it's on demand.  Happy holidays all.

ash

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ash. Show ash's posts

[QUOTE]There is 1 other I like, whose name escapes me.  She does not care to have Randy just waltz in without being asked, and in fact does very well. Several times brides have been really tickled with a dress, after looking skeptical she chose it since it was not their request, and Randy suggested different.  The dress will be perfect. Randy does not do well with women who are not slender, often immediately drops all idea of details like on anything below the bust, until the hem.  He seems to be going for something that  he thinks will disguise their size (I think.) She will emphasize the waist or curves,  without adding bulk or a show stopping feature where they don't need it.  Many times something sheath like that makes you look them head to toe, they seem taller and slimmer.  Randy will shake his head and say - T never would have thought that would look so good on her.  His choice would have been some simple drape over wide hips that made them shorter and wider. Wish I could think of her name. Hi Cos!  Long time no free time!  Merry Christmas!
    Posted by sarahbth[/QUOTE]

Sarah, that might be Carmel.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ash. Show ash's posts

Oh, and one last thought.  Who can forget that consultant from the first season, Claudia.  What a dingbat.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mezzogal1124. Show mezzogal1124's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OT: SYTTD : Exactly.  And I don't care how luxurious the material Pnini Tornai uses, her dresses make you look cheap. Posted by dkb6248[/QUOTE]

Thank goodness I'm not the only one who wonders what on earth the attraction is to those awful ballgowns that make brides look like trashy cream puffs!  I find it interesting that I can almost predict which girls will end up with a Pnina dress on SYTTD -- almost without fail, they're the ones who say they want to look like a "princess" on their wedding day and act like spoiled brats. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

[QUOTE]I find it interesting that I can almost predict which girls will end up with a Pnina dress on SYTTD -- almost without fail, they're the ones who say they want to look like a "princess" on their wedding day and act like spoiled brats. 
    Posted by mezzogal1124[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't mind looking like a princess on my wedding day - a clothed princess.  I don't want to be the star of the Empress' New Clothes.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mezzogal1124. Show mezzogal1124's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OT: SYTTD : I wouldn't mind looking like a princess on my wedding day - a clothed princess.  I don't want to be the star of the Empress' New Clothes.

LOL!  Yes, that's true.  I didn't mean to imply that looking like a clothed princess was a bad thing - after all, a princess like Princess Grace of Monaco, for example, would be a lovely example of wedding style and elegance to emulate.  I guess what bothers me most about the Pnina dresses is that they simultaneously infantalize and skankify (I know, that isn't a word) the brides, and I find it disturbing.  They look like toy dolls wearing lingerie...

Sections
Shortcuts