OT: SYTTD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

Re: OT: SYTTD

In Response to Re: OT: SYTTD:
    Oh, and one last thought.  Who can forget that consultant from the first season, Claudia.  What a dingbat.
    Posted by ash

Ahhh Claudia!  I was glad when they got rid of her, but disappointed at the same time.  I loved to hate her.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ash. Show ash's posts

I wonder what these people think when they go back and see themselves on these shows.  And what do their friends think?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Or everyone will say "Oh, she looks like a Princess".  Yah, Princess Debbie Does Dallas and Gets Married.

OMG, Ash!  That was EXCELLENT!!!

I remember when there was an overweight bride trying to squeeze into that pink mermaid style dress -- it truly looked horrible on her -- and Randy was trying so hard to be nice. 

Really, if you're over a size 10, the mermaid style is not for you!

The only ones that buy Pninas are from New Jersey or Brooklyn. 

And, the older bride who lost 150 lbs. Fri. night but was still overweight.....the dress she said yes to was sleeveless but when they showed her wedding, she had sleeves.  Looked nice on her, though.

After watching this show, I began to believe all the brides who were writing in here on wc about their momzillas.  I couldn't believe how absolutely mean, nasty, and wretched some of these women are.  Friday night's pagent queen mom.....that wicked poofy dress that the saleswoman put on her as a joke on her mom, and the mom loved it.   Nice taste, Mom. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

skankify is a much-needed word to describe the Pnina dresses.
    see also: skanktastic

They're very Madonna in her first MTV award performance:

In Response to Re: OT: SYTTD :   LOL!  Yes, that's true.  I didn't mean to imply that looking like a clothed princess was a bad thing - after all, a princess like Princess Grace of Monaco, for example, would be a lovely example of wedding style and elegance to emulate.  I guess what bothers me most about the Pnina dresses is that they simultaneously infantalize and skankify (I know, that isn't a word) the brides, and I find it disturbing.  They look like toy dolls wearing lingerie...
    Posted by mezzogal1124

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

skankify is a much-needed word to describe the Pnina dresses. see also: skanktastic They're very Madonna in her first MTV award performance: In Response to Re: OT: SYTTD :
    Posted by pinkkittie27

Clearly, the next time I wear my nightie, I need a "boy toy" belt and 15 necklaces, including a giant cross.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Summer2010. Show Summer2010's posts

I really believe that a lot of this must be made up or hyped up for the show.  I bought my dress there and it was a very drama free experience. 

My consultant, Barbara, is no longer on the show.  She told me that she wouldn't sign the release for this season because she does not like the drama that goes along with the show.  She asked us what our budget was and she did not show me a single dress over that price point and in fact my dress was $1300 less than the budget that we gave her.  My mom actually pulled a few dresses that were over our initial budget and she was careful to warn my mom of that fact before letting me try them on.  She was not pushy at all.  I actually went to another bridal salon right after and then went back to Kleinfeld to make up my mind.  No pressure!

I agree with all of you though.  Most of the Pina dresses are hideous.  I don't get why anyone would want a see through wedding dress!  I love watching the show though and it was so fun to see a bride try on some of the same dresses I did on a show the other day. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

They fired Claudia??  I loved to watch her flounder and then insist she was doing nothing wrong - it was everyone's fault but hers.  Did you see the one in the board room when she was just adamant that the entire staff including the managers was the reason she wasn't doing well?  It was hillarious.  But, I figured it was all an act.  I guess not if she finally did get fired!

skanktastic.  I LOVE that word!!!!!!  I must use it as soon as it's appropriate...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Just tune into "Jersey Shore" and you'll find an appropriate need for that word in less than two minutes.

They fired Claudia??  I loved to watch her flounder and then insist she was doing nothing wrong - it was everyone's fault but hers.  Did you see the one in the board room when she was just adamant that the entire staff including the managers was the reason she wasn't doing well?  It was hillarious.  But, I figured it was all an act.  I guess not if she finally did get fired! skanktastic.  I LOVE that word!!!!!!  I must use it as soon as it's appropriate...
    Posted by kargiver

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

don't forget the Aquanet!

In Response to Re: OT: SYTTD : Clearly, the next time I wear my nightie, I need a "boy toy" belt and 15 necklaces, including a giant cross.
    Posted by lucy7368

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sarahbth. Show sarahbth's posts

I had forgotten what a lovely face Madonna had - such a Bride of Frankenstein look otherwise.

My sisters-in-law (AKA the roller derby queens of Brooklyn and Jersey, in DH speak)  think Pninas are fantastic.  "Except you really have to watch your nails, they don't go thru the sheer parts like pantyhose when you put on the dresses ."  Kleinfelds must have loved their nails 3/4 inch beyond the fingertips.  Also, their gum - the 2 who got their gowns at K's  are never without a 2 piece wad in their mouths.   A consultant's nightmare. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

sounds like they need a reality show of their own!

I had forgotten what a lovely face Madonna had - such a Bride of Frankenstein look otherwise.     My sisters-in-law (AKA the roller derby queens of Brooklyn and Jersey, in DH speak)  think Pninas are fantastic.  "Except you really have to watch your nails, they don't go thru the sheer parts like pantyhose when you put on the dresses ."  Kleinfelds must have loved their nails 3/4 inch beyond the fingertips.  Also, their gum - the 2 who got their gowns at K's  are never without a 2 piece wad in their mouths.   A consultant's nightmare. 
    Posted by sarahbth

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Pink, don't even get me started on Jersey Shore.....

Although I LOVE Real Housewives of New Jersey! I follow Grandma Wrinkles (Dina's naked cat) on Twitter...(shame)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, yeah!  Jersey Shore!  I can't wait...skanktastic.  I just love saying it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

You could tell people that's your New Year's Resolution.  "I am going to become skanktastic!"

You wouldn't have to do it.  No one ever keeps those, anyway.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You could tell people that's your New Year's Resolution.  "I am going to become skanktastic!" You wouldn't have to do it.  No one ever keeps those, anyway.
    Posted by lucy7368

I love it.  I resolve to become skanktastic.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Was there a show where Claudia was fired, or was she just not on it one day? She was cuckoo for cocoa puffs. 

I really don't like Carmel; I feel like she's a lot like Claudia. 

Keasha and Randy are definitely my favorite. I love watching Randy's facial expressions when he's talking to crazy people. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Was there a show where Claudia was fired, or was she just not on it one day? She was cuckoo for cocoa puffs.  I really don't like Carmel; I feel like she's a lot like Claudia.  Keasha and Randy are definitely my favorite. I love watching Randy's facial expressions when he's talking to crazy people. 
    Posted by WhirledPeasPlease

There is an episode where she's fired, but it's very anticlimatic.  There's no big blow-up, tantrum, or anything.  They just say that "Kleinfeld and Claudia decided to part ways."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Is it Carmel or Camille?? 
    Camille and Randy are the only names I know. Camille wears awful lip liner (sorry if to any liner lovers out there) and the episode that really stands out to me is when she had a bride falling in love with a dress for like $15k but her managers pulled her out and made her honor an appointment with a bride who was budgeting like $3k.  (But she got back to the original bride in time to seal the deal.)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Don't worry, Fram, there's good and bad lip liner. :)  I use Bare Escentials Neutral.

I had forgotten Claudia's name, and I thought the other woman, Carmel or Camille, I don't know which, WAS her.  They didn't do a good job replacing her if we can't tell the difference.

The managers on the show are the only ones that seem to know what to do.  The staff seems like a bunch of bungling teenagers...all of them.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ash. Show ash's posts

Was there a show where Claudia was fired, or was she just not on it one day? She was cuckoo for cocoa puffs.  I really don't like Carmel; I feel like she's a lot like Claudia.  Keasha and Randy are definitely my favorite. I love watching Randy's facial expressions when he's talking to crazy people. 

Yes, there was a show where she was fired.  Or rather, they showed Joan, et. al meeting with her and the announcer then said that they mutually decided Claudia should go away.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ash. Show ash's posts

Is it Carmel or Camille??  Camille and Randy are the only names I know. Camille wears awful lip liner (sorry if to any liner lovers out there) and the episode that really stands out to me is when she had a bride falling in love with a dress for like $15k but her managers pulled her out and made her honor an appointment with a bride who was budgeting like $3k.  (But she got back to the original bride in time to seal the deal.)
    Posted by framerican51008

Carmel and Camille are two different people. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

all i know is, the one with the big black mole on her face ought to have it removed.  It skeeves me out. 

cos-skank-mo-tastic-girl

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

I like the newest manager, I think her name is Nicole?  She used to be in alterations.  She really seems like she cares about the brides, which is nice!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Camille has the long black hair usually in a ponytail with the terrible lipliner and Carmel has cropped black hair and is kind of mean. She made the bride looking for a red dress (she was Indian and in that culture they wear white to funerals) feel like a big jerk. Carmel kept saying that her budget was too small and she couldn't work with it. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

Camille has the long black hair usually in a ponytail with the terrible lipliner and Carmel has cropped black hair and is kind of mean. She made the bride looking for a red dress (she was Indian and in that culture they wear white to funerals) feel like a big jerk. Carmel kept saying that her budget was too small and she couldn't work with it. 

There is an episode soon after Carmel started working there that she told the managers that she only works with high-end brides.

Sections
Shortcuts