Pure Bliss in Newburyport?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fall09bride. Show Fall09bride's posts

Pure Bliss in Newburyport?

Hi Ladies,

Has anyone had any experience with Pure Bliss in Newburyport? Good or Bad?

I found some reviews by Google-ing the store name, and they were not very good. I ordered my wedding dress from there, and now I am a little nervous about the alterations based both on the experience I have had with them so far and the reviews that I read.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Re: Pure Bliss in Newburyport?

Hi Ladies, Has anyone had any experience with Pure Bliss in Newburyport? Good or Bad? I found some reviews by Google-ing the store name, and they were not very good. I ordered my wedding dress from there, and now I am a little nervous about the alterations based both on the experience I have had with them so far and the reviews that I read. Any info would be greatly appreciated!  
    Posted by Fall09bride

I bought my wedding dress at Pure Bliss [wedding was May 2007], along w/ my shoes, head piece and veil.  Jeanine [the owner] was absolutely wonderful.  The dress came in when she said it would and the alterations were not super expensive. 

I told Jeanine exactly what I was looking for in a dress [I was pretty vague - I think I said I wanted something elegant and non-poofy].  The first dress that she brought out was spot on.  I tried on maybe 6 dresses, but bought the first dress.  That was the only shop I went to [but I went w/ my sister to other shops when she was shopping for a wedding dress so I do have a frame of reference].  I highly recommend Pure Bliss.  I do know that there is another bridal shop owner [someone in Amesbury] that used to post bad reviews about Pure Bliss on BDC to try to drum up business for herself, so take those Googled posts w/ a grain of salt.  I got the recommendation for Pure Bliss from BDC and was so happy w/ them.

The only negative is that they don't do alterations or fittings on the weekend - I lived in Boston at the time so it was a bit of a hassle.  But I only had to go in 1x for alterations and then for a final fitting, so it wasn't that bad.  And, as I said, I was happy w/ the price of alterations.  HTH!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nsh1018. Show nsh1018's posts

Re: Pure Bliss in Newburyport?

No direct experience but have heard negative about their alterations.  The only experience my daughter had was in some jewelry they ordered for her.  The jewelry did not come in when expected and my daughter was told that they would notify her when they did come in.  She never received notification and kept having to call them.  If you are looking for someone else to do alterations, Pins and Needles in Danvers does a nice job and is reasonable.

Sections
Shortcuts