Question for Italianqueen.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Question for Italianqueen.....

Hi! How was your daughter's dress? I know she wore the Harriet, right?
    I have the same dress for my wedding day.
    Do you know how she bustled it?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from italianqueen. Show italianqueen's posts

Re: Question for Italianqueen.....

Hi Peonie,  my daughter did wear the Harriet by Maggie Sottero.  It was absolutely gorgeous!!!! She got it in diamond white.  She looked stunning.  Honestly I can't remember the name of the way the bustle was done.  I think it was the English style.  When it was bustled it looked like three layers.  It had ribbons total of 6, which were numbered to match the ribbons to tie them to make the bustle Make sure you have a couple of people with you when the seamstress is showing how to do it and where the ribbons are.  

You are going to look beautiful in that gown.  It is very elegant and just so pretty.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

How nice, Italianqueen!  Congrats on your daughter's wedding!

FYI:  if it used ribbons to tie the bustle, it was a French style.  They use the ribbons to tie the bustle from underneath the skirt.  The American or over-bustle usually uses small hooks or buttons since it is fastened on the outside of the skirt (so these are either hidden well or placed to look like part of the dress).

Haha... so funny, if you had asked me 6 months ago I didn't even know what a bustle was!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from italianqueen. Show italianqueen's posts

Peonie, then it was French style.  haha!!  There was so much discussion with the seamstress and her showing us this style and that style and which one my daughter liked, I got all confused!!!