Quick Dress Alterations!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Quick Dress Alterations!!

I should have posted this awhile ago! I am in a wedding in Washington DC on June 20th....My FI just called me to tell me that my BM dress FINALLY came in the mail today!! Ugh, it's been a nightmare (I won't even get into the story). Anyway, I will need it altered, I am guessing. I don't usually get clothes altered, can anyone suggest a good place that could do this in such short notice?? We are leaving on Thursday, June 18th, so I would need it by Thursday morning by the latest! Our flight is that night! Thanks!! :)

P.S. I live in Newton and work in Needham, so anywhere in that area would be great :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Re: Quick Dress Alterations!!

I think you have plenty of time. I do'nt know anyone in your area, unfortunately, but I wouldn't stress about it. Just call around and find out who can do it the fastest. :-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You may not need it altered, and, if you do, I agree with ams that a couple of weeks should be OK if you tell the shop the date you need it by.  Sorry, can't suggest anyone, though. Just wanted you to feel better. :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Alrighty...thanks!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]Alrighty...thanks!
    Posted by Sept2010Bride[/QUOTE]

Not that you don't need to get on the stick, of course, just don't panic! :)

P.S.  Enjoy the wedding!  DH and I had a great time at a wedding while we were engaged - we even stole an idea (using stickers on the back of place cards to indicate the guests' chosen meals)!  And, I compared everything, of course, and I felt pretty good about what we had chosen. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from november2009. Show november2009's posts

Try John's Sportswear and Tailoring at 129 Mt Auburn Street in Watertown, 617 926-6962.  It is only a couple of miles from Newton Corner.  The woman who owns it and her mother are excellent tailors and they can work fast if you need them to.  They are also incredibly cheap.  Don't get turned off by the run down appearance of the shop, the sell samples of large women's clothing and used formal dresses so the place is kind of cramped. Call before you go since she sometimes has to close the shop to pick her young son up from school but she does not close for long.  She has worked on vintage clothing for me and done an amazing job for a fraction of what other places have quoted me. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Thank you November!
    And Kar, I am excited for the wedding. FI and I won't really know anyone though, she is a friend from graduate school who is from VA, and pretty much everyone else at the wedding will be from VA/DC/MD, and I am the only one invited from Boston. But I am in the wedding, so I will be busy running around. Just hope FI feels comfortable while I am getting ready, at the ceremony, etc!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TarheelChief. Show TarheelChief's posts

Why can't  wedding dress makers put in a piece of elastic in strategic places?This would greatly enhance the bride's confidence and mother's confidence.
    People tend to bulk up during the pre-nuptial feasts and celebrations.