Recommended Bridesmaid Dress Shop?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RN13. Show RN13's posts

Try Aria on Newbury. Great selection and designs

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

Any suggestions? I've already looked at many non-traditional chains...Macy's, Ann Taylor, etc. Then David's Bridal...looking for somewhere that carries a good color selection. Thanks ladies!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from msol. Show msol's posts

Cristina's in Andover Center has tons and tons of dresses to look at.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

I went to Anita of Bridal Reflections in Watertown... she has every dress imaginable, infinite choice of color/fabric and at a reasonable price. Plus, she's awesome to work with. ABG444@aol.com
    These are the dresses we ended up with (in black, T-length)

http://www.jasminebridal.com/J_2_1_1_1.aspx?sqno=JPN2008092510372&j_style_no=STYL20080821006&j_line_no=LINE20080821018&j_line_season=B

We also got my mom's dress through her.

Good luck!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

Hey Brookie- I can't speak to the prices, however, Flair is what started this discussion for me. I went there on a Tuesday nite since they are open until 7pm. Mind you the website makes no mention of having to make an appt, like for example, Aria does. Well I went with my MOH and lo and behold someone had an appointment!

The appt. wasn't there yet so they allowed me to look around for a few minutes, but there were no prices on the dresses. They have a lot of 'designer' bridesmaid names though...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Unfortunately I can't recommend a shop, but I can tell you to stay far, far away from Terry's Bridal in Norwood. They did have a large selection, but by far some of the worst service I've ever had. Rude, unhelpful, and all five bridesmaids had issues with the dresses when they came in (broken zippers and wrong sizes).

HTH, good luck in your search! :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2009Bride2Be. Show 2009Bride2Be's posts

Hi,

I have to say I LOVE Aria Bridesmaids. They have a showroom on Newbury street and their dresses are wonderful. We just ordered dresses from there for my upcoming wedding.

http://www.ariadress.com/

Another place that I thought had a good selection was Allegria in Belmont. Allegria carries the labels you find in all the magazines, where as Aria is their own line. We also checked out Flair on Newbury but the Jenny Yoo dresses were just too expensive.

Good Luck!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrookieBaby. Show BrookieBaby's posts

Has anyone been to Flair in Boston? We were thinking about making an appointment, but were worried about Newbury Street prices.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Marry & Tux in NH has a great selection too!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

Thanks all...I just ordered a dress from Nordstrom, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nsh1018. Show nsh1018's posts

Christina's in Andover & Madeline's Daughter in Portsmouth, NH

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrideChilla. Show BrideChilla's posts

Brookie, Flair is awesome! Gillian, who we are working with is really great! Appointments on the weekends go pretty fast so book early. it's nice that you get the entire store to yourself, so it was a much different experience than we had at other stores.

In addition to the dresses that my bridesmaid and i picked out for them to try Gillian also suggested two different dresses that would work with the girls different body types. We ended up going with one she picked!

They are on the ball with follow-up too, but not too sales-y! They sent a follow up saying, hope you enjoyed your experience, please let me know if i can help in any way, etc. then again saying, it is almost time to order, if you chose to order your dresses from somewhere else we hope you enjoyed your Flair experience. i thought it was a nice touch.

One thing though, they did not seem to have a big selection of accesories or shoes, so if you are hoping to find those at the same time you're out of luck.

Hope that helps!