Satin dress in the RAIN?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Satin dress in the RAIN?

It is forecasted to rain Saturday evening.  How careful do I need to be with my satin dress?  I feel like it's not a material you want to get wet?  I will just need to get into and out of the limo once.

Wish me luck!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Re: Satin dress in the RAIN?

Hey Fra!  I hope it doesn't rain!  But if it does, a golf umbrella should do the trick.  They are huge enough to keep even the poofiest dress dry.

Congrats! And have a great wedding and enjoy the day!  I was a Memorial Day bride too. Our 2nd anniversary [time does fly] is Tuesday.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jag27. Show jag27's posts

Congrats and Good Luck on Saturday Fra!  Enjoy every moment because it will go by so quickly.

I'm another Memorial Day weekend Bride - can't believe we are celebrating our 1 year anniversary on Sunday!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Satin won't water-stain like silk does, it's one of the benefits of the fabric. Just do your best with an umbrella, I also hear that spray-on static guard will help liquid bead off of it, just in case! If you do that make sure to do a spot test to make sure it doesn't discolor it, but I don't think it would.

Good luck and have fun!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

[QUOTE]It is forecasted to rain Saturday evening.  How careful do I need to be with my satin dress?  I feel like it's not a material you want to get wet?  I will just need to get into and out of the limo once. Wish me luck!!!
    Posted by framerican51008[/QUOTE]

Best of luck at your wedding!!! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Best of luck this weekend!!!  Can't wait to hear how it all went!  Smile

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]Satin won't water-stain like silk does, it's one of the benefits of the fabric. Just do your best with an umbrella, I also hear that spray-on static guard will help liquid bead off of it, just in case! If you do that make sure to do a spot test to make sure it doesn't discolor it, but I don't think it would. Good luck and have fun!!!
    Posted by pinkkittie18[/QUOTE]

Static guard might help, but there is a product specifically for moisture resistance made by the same company, Scotch, I think. Like Pink says, spot test for SURE, but I think it's called Scotch Guard.  It makes it so a paper towel can wipe up the beads of rain instead of having them sink in.  And, the golf umbrella oughtta do it, too.  Overall, though, like Pink and others have said, satin (polyester?) isn't nearly as susceptible to being damaged by rain than silk.  You'll be fabulous.

Best wishes for your BIG DAY, Fram!!!!

~kar

Sections
Shortcuts