Searching for my dress...can you help?? Shop owners, brides, anyone...??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

Re: Searching for my dress...can you help?? Shop owners, brides, anyone...??

In Response to Searching for my dress...can you help?? Shop owners, brides, anyone...??:
    [QUOTE]I'm getting married in June 2010.  I've gone to a few shops and tried dresses on without much success.  I saw a dress that I LOVE in pictures but haven't been able to locate it anywhere to try on.  I've called bridal shops in MA, RI, NH, CT, NY & NJ and nobody seems to have this dress.  I just want to be able to try it on to see if it's the one because I can't seem to get it out of my head when I look at other dresses.  The designer is Morilee and the style # is 2402.  Here's the link:  http://www.morilee.com/DressDetail.aspx?C=1&D=2402&P=1    Thanks!!
    Posted by kpc2005[/QUOTE]
    I would find a shop that is an authorized dealer and ask if they can get a dress sample for you.  I believe that this is somethign that shops can do they can ask the designer to provide a sample for a week or so and then send it back.  It is worth a shot.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

That is a gorgeous dress.  Go to the store finder page on their website and look for all the Massachusetts stores and start calling them. 

There are tons of Mass. stores that carry MoriLee.  Good luck, it's beautiful! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

I don't have a solution for you if Mori Lee doesn't have a dress loan program and you have already called every store.  Except have you thought about taking a similar strapless dress and adding the chiffon halter top and train part too it?  A good seamstress may be able to achieve a similar (not identical) look that way, and you would have the peace of mind that you liked the base dress.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

That dress is beautiful!  I don't have any suggestions that haven't already been said, but good luck to you!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I found it here online.  The site has a return policy.  Read it carefully!

Mori Lee 2402

P.S.  Here's the return policy:

We will accept returns on new un-touched non-altered wedding gowns, Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower girl Dresses, Prom dresses, Mothers dresses, Special Occasion Dresses. We do not accept returns on special ordered plus size gowns or specialty ordered gowns such as hollow to hem gowns, special measurement gowns, in stock gowns, or discontinued gowns. We will accept returns on merchandise that is damaged or defective. All returns must be within 5 days of when the shipment was dropped off from the carrier. We must receive a verbal email confirmation that you would like to return the gown and you must have a return authorization number from us. All returned gowns will have a 50% restocking fee applied from the full purchase price of the gown. All the dresses are produced after we get your order we must have a 50% restocking fee. In addition you will incur any shipping fees, transaction fees and insurance fees. Any Free promotional items are not returnable and will be charged full price. This amount will be deducted from the gown refund. Any refused or non-deliverable merchandise will also incur a 50% restocking fee. Once you have obtained a return authorization from us you have 20 business days to get the merchandise back to us. All merchandise must be returned in perfect brand new condition. Merchandise that is not returned in the condition it was sent will not be returnable and you will be obligated to the full purchase price. All returned packages must have a return authorization number on them. Top Bridal Dress has the most up front return policy in the industry. We will not hide behind words to contradict the terms.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

I think you can still order the morilee dress, right?  But you just want to try it on first?  You could probably try on another morilee dress that is similar, maybe a strapless one that they can pin some chiffon to so you can get an idea of how it will look on your body.  Kinda like how they can show you different sleeve options to add to a strapless dress.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: Searching for my dress...can you help?? Shop owners, brides, anyone...??:
    [QUOTE]I actually found it on that same website and thought about ordering it but I am tall and require extra length which then means no returning it...

Oh, that's too bad. :(

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Beautiful dress!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sunshinemrs. Show sunshinemrs's posts

In Response to Re: Searching for my dress...can you help?? Shop owners, brides, anyone...??:
    [QUOTE]I actually found it on that same website and thought about ordering it but I am tall and require extra length which then means no returning it...

From what I remember, Precious Memories in Malden carried Mori Lee or used to.  They aren't listed on the Mori Lee website but it might be worth a call.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Not even Kleinfelds carries it? That dress is beautiful! I would call Alexandra's in Fall River, they seem to carry most designers. Good luck :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Maybe if you bring a picture of the Mori Lee dress, a shop will be able to at least show you very similar dresses?  A friend of mine wore something that reminds of yours, but by Pronovias.  Good luck!  It's a lovely dress.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Have you tried calling RK Bridal in NYC (www.rkbridal.com)?  I was there two weeks ago and noticed they carry Mori Lee dresses.  You could call to check if they carry your actual dress or if they could order it.  Good luck!  The dress is beautiful!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Have you tried on anything similar - i.e. same type of material, same sillouette?  Davids Bridal copies all the popular styles.   Try to find SOMETHING that looks similar to that dress so you can decide if it looks good on you.  At least that might save you a trip to NYC to find the real MoriLee....

Isn't it ridiculous that you can't find the dress to try on within hundreds of miles?  So craxy! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

my thoughts.
    Go in see in person some of the dress shops that carry that designer to get a feel for them.  If you find one you like as the shop if they will order a sample for you and if the sample comes and you do not like it you will work with them to order/pruchase another dress from them.  They might be willing to go through the trouble for you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Maybe the dress is from a previous season?  You could try calling VOWS or another store that sells samples.  Good luck!  I can't believe none of these places have one in stock!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

Could you bring the picture to a seamstress and have a custom dress made? It's probably expensive, but it might be easier than tracking it down across New England?

Or could you order the dress from that website and then try to sell it on Craigslist or something like that?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I thought they had them available, but she didn't want to place order sight essentially unseen and, thereby, commit to purchasing it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe the dress is from a previous season?  You could try calling VOWS or another store that sells samples.  Good luck!  I can't believe none of these places have one in stock!!!
    Posted by framerican51008[/QUOTE]

VOWS' inventory is online, and you can search by designer.  www.bridepower.com

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

[QUOTE]I thought they had them available, but she didn't want to place order sight essentially unseen and, thereby, commit to purchasing it.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Indeed she did. I was just trying to think of a way she could buy it and not get stuck with it if it ended up not being The Dress.

Another thing I just tought of was calling the manufacturer. Can they tell you who might have a certain design in stock? They are having a trunk show in NJ. I know that's 4.5 hours away or whatever, but maybe it's worth the road trip.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

That IS weird kpc!  Usually fall fashions are in stores in the summer.  I guess bridal shops don't work on the same schedule.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

kpc, have you tried Kleinfelds in NYC? They seem to have everything, and it sounds like you're willing to travel?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

KPC - Did you find it yet?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

kpc, I'm glad you are happy with your new "one."  :)  Do you have a photo of that one?  I'm sure it's fabulous.  Thanks for the update!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

That dress takes my breath away! I'm happy you found something so beautiful!