Show your gown!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Re: Show your gown!

In Response to Re: Show your gown!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Show your gown! : Thanks! Yes, it is the Anastasia. I had to hunt down that sample, because I kind of got my heart set on that dress. I ended up hating the (out of state) bridal store where I tried on the dress, so was happy to order it locally from Camilla's.
    Posted by jasmine09[/QUOTE]

I just love Camilla's! Nivia is so sweet, and I love her mother :) Did you know that Nivia is only 28?? So amazing to be so young and own such a sucessful bridal salon!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

[QUOTE]thanks everyone! I hope to find an excuse to wear it again. Found out I can't dye it, so altering it might not be in the cards! Jas- Love your dress, it's so feminine and elegant.
    Posted by pinkkittie27[/QUOTE]

pink, is it the type of fabric that won't let you dye it?  On a blog that I read, a bride dyed her dress. She tried to dye it black, but it wouldn't take the color, it ended up in this shimmery pewter color and wore it to another wedding.  It's worth a shot.. I may try to do it with a few bm dresses. I'm never going to wear then again..

here's the link: 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from spinningwheel. Show spinningwheel's posts

We just picked it up from the cleaners yesterday.  Though no idea what I'm going to do with it now.... 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

ajuly- It's not so much that the fabric might not take the dye, it's the proccess of putting it in the hot hot water to dye it that might damage the material because the lining is all poly.
    But since her dress turned out so well, maybe I'll take my chances? What have I got to lose? It's not like i'll wear it again, and it's not heirloom quality.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

very pretty, spinning. I love the band on top, it looks very chic!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScooterSM. Show ScooterSM's posts

[QUOTE]ajuly- It's not so much that the fabric might not take the dye, it's the proccess of putting it in the hot hot water to dye it that might damage the material because the lining is all poly. But since her dress turned out so well, maybe I'll take my chances? What have I got to lose? It's not like i'll wear it again, and it's not heirloom quality.
    Posted by pinkkittie27[/QUOTE]

Pink-  you might be able to get a better result with a cold water dye.  There are a couple of different brands (Dylon, Proscion, etc) and they are available at places like Blick Art Supplies or Amazon.  Depending on what the top material is, it might end up a lighter shade than the package, but you wouldn't have to worry about the temperature shrinking or destroying the fabric.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Show your gown! : Pink-  you might be able to get a better result with a cold water dye.  There are a couple of different brands (Dylon, Proscion, etc) and they are available at places like Blick Art Supplies or Amazon.  Depending on what the top material is, it might end up a lighter shade than the package, but you wouldn't have to worry about the temperature shrinking or destroying the fabric.
    Posted by ScooterSM[/QUOTE]

very true, i guess i'm just wary of the unkown. I've only used heat-activated dye. btu as I said, what's the worst that can happen?
    I wonder if I should get it altered before or after i dye it. I suppose before would make more sense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

If you get it altered before you dye it, you can save some of the fabric for dye-testing.  But I don't know if that's how you're supposed to do it.

I always thought it was weird that they spend hours dying my hair before cutting half of it off, so what do I know?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

[QUOTE]If you get it altered before you dye it, you can save some of the fabric for dye-testing.  But I don't know if that's how you're supposed to do it. I always thought it was weird that they spend hours dying my hair before cutting half of it off, so what do I know?
    Posted by lucy7368[/QUOTE]

I would have never thought of saving the fabric for testing the dye! That's such a good idea!

I think they color before they cut because there's no sense shampooing, cutting and then coloring. Better off to shampoo, color, rinse, cut, then dry. More efficient.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dreamer-6-19. Show Dreamer-6-19's posts

Hi Ladies,

All the dresses are stunning and so different! I love them all!!

I got my professionals back and I love these ones of my dress!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Dreamer, looks like photos out of a magazine!  Love the dress and the photographer.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

Gorgeous, Dreamer!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dreamer-6-19. Show Dreamer-6-19's posts

Thanks Ladies! My photographer was Bob Perachio at Elegant Bliss.  He is amazing!    http://www.elegantbliss.com/

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

just gorgeous, Dreamer! I love a long train!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Dreamer:  I love your hair style!  I want to use it as my hair inspiration!  Where did you have it done?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dreamer-6-19. Show Dreamer-6-19's posts

Thanks!  I had my hair done at the West End Salon and Spa in Gloucester.  Angie, the owner did my hair.  My hair is extremely thin and doesn't hold a curl so I got clip in extensions and Angie weaved my hair in with the extensions in order for it to hold the curl.  It worked out perfectly!!  Here are some close ups of my hair. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Absolutely gorgeous, Dreamer! And your dress came out beautiful. I remember you showing it right after you bought it at ROTB.

Where did you get married? And, where do you get clip on extensions like that?

How was Puerto Rico?! Did you enjoy the Marriott?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dreamer-6-19. Show Dreamer-6-19's posts

wow, you have such a great memory!  : )

We got married at Hammond Castle in Gloucester. (I still need to write my vendor review).  The salon took a hair sample and ordered the extensions for me so I didn't need to worry about it at all.  Angie also washed, blow dried, curled and set the hair before I got there so it was great! 

PR was ok and the marriott was nice.  Unfortunately it rained everyday we were there except for one day when DH got burned. Although it rained, we still rented a car and did everything we wanted to do (the rainforest was my fav).  Luckily the cruise was great!!  We had perfect weather the whole time and we went on great excursions.  Ahhh I want to go back!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from augustbride20. Show augustbride20's posts

Dreamer, I know...I have an insane memory.

Wow, that is awesome about your hair stylist! I completely forgot you went on a cruise as well! Can't wait to read your vendor reviews!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BensonRobert. Show BensonRobert's posts

The first official duty of the mother of the groom, during the reception is to stand in the receiving line greeting guests and introducing her friends and family to the bride and her family.    Traditionally she stands between the bride and her mother.  If the fathers of the couple choose to stand in the line, she will stand between them.

Be familiar with the responsibilities of the Maid of Honor.  You may want to have a conversation with the Maid of Honor to coordinate and avoid stepping on each other's toes

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from candice211. Show candice211's posts

SO i dont know whats up w/ that last reply but i have to say ALL these dresses are amazing. 

I am sort of seriously starting to doubt my dress choice now....uurrrrrghhhh....

Really though - all these pictures were absolutely stunning, wonderfully done ladies.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from augustbride20. Show augustbride20's posts

[QUOTE]SO i dont know whats up w/ that last reply but i have to say ALL these dresses are amazing.  I am sort of seriously starting to doubt my dress choice now....uurrrrrghhhh.... Really though - all these pictures were absolutely stunning, wonderfully done ladies.
    Posted by candice211[/QUOTE]
    Candice, why are you regretting your dress choice?? Do you mind showing it?
    I'm sure it is gorgeous!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

every bride goes through the dress doubting phase! looking at pictures of other dresses only makes it worse. Once all your alterations are done, and you get your shoes and hair and eveything all together, you'll know you made the right choice.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from augustbride20. Show augustbride20's posts

I have definitely seen other dresses and thought "wow, I wish I tried that on." But then I think that I really loved my dress when I put it on and it's one day and I know that I will love it when I wear it!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Christinymarini. Show Christinymarini's posts

So I know this post is from a while ago, but I just decided on my dress and thought I would share!  Obviously this is the sample so not the perfect fit, I can't wait to order the dress in my size!