Show your gown!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mo41083. Show Mo41083's posts

Re: Show your gown!

I love this thread...and my dress.  I'd be sitting at work wearing it now if I didn't think my office already thought I was a little off-beat!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

In Response to Re: Show your gown!:
    I love this thread...and my dress.  I'd be sitting at work wearing it now if I didn't think my office already thought I was a little off-beat!
    Posted by Mo41083

Don't let that stop you!  Everyone thinks I'm weird, too.  Kiss

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Mo - what a gorgeous fall wedding! And, my FI will probably come home from work one day, (after we are married), to me in my dress, cooking or vacuuming. Or, maybe I will organize a girls night out where we all wear our dresses. It would be so fun, and everyone could stare at us like we are nuts!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Here's my dress.  You may have seen it on "Say Yes to the Dress" - it's been on a few times.  Usually getting dissed by brides or family members.  :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Summer2010. Show Summer2010's posts

Here's my dress.  You may have seen it on "Say Yes to the Dress" - it's been on a few times.  Usually getting dissed by brides or family members.  :)
    Posted by poppy609

Is your dress Agusta Jones??  That is pretty much the style I thought I wanted and I tried on a very similar dress at Kleinfelds but ended up going a different direction.  I think your dress is gorgeous!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Poppy, beautiful! And...again, your bouquet makes me excited that I chose Jen Cahill!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Poppy and cici very pretty gowns.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

poppy, I have seen that on SYTTD! 

Very pretty poppy and cici! 

Love this thread. :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Here's mine

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

lovely, everyone, just lovely!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

here's mine, wish I had a picture of the back, but I don't:

you can see my crazy long veil and the train in the pic I posted on the BM dress thread.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

I agree - these are all beautiful.  Such a fun thread.

Summer - Yes, it's Augusta Jones.  Exactly what I wanted, and I couldn't find ANYTHING like it until like the 6th shop I went into.  I think the one you ended up with is gorgeous!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

I LOVE this thread, too! Keep them coming, even if you got married 20+ years ago!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

Okay, I was resisting, but I have been stalking this postfor a while now, and everyone looks so lovely in their gowns. I want to play too! :)  I like how everyone's personal style shines through in their gown picks.

Pink, Mo4, and bostonslp's gowns have such classic clean lines. 

Poppy, kar, jaylake and scooter have the super elegant non-strapless bodices, which are lovely and timeless looking. 

The modern satin pleating, gathers, and ruching on Summer's, trex's, Peonie's, lucy and EJL's dresses are gorgeous and so flattering. 

I've got a major soft spot for sweetheart necklines (see below), so I love that on Fram, Winter2011, Cici.

And the lace on Rirlo, tomarra and ajuly's dresses has me swooning.

Anyway, here's mine:

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

Oh, Jas, that is breathtaking!  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Jas, you exemplify how a trumpet wedding dress is designed to look!!!  VERY pretty and flattering.

pink, the gorgeous drape of your fabric takes your dress to an elegant, stunning level.

tomarra, love the sheath dress, and the lace train makes it spectacular.

Everyone's dress really is beautiful, and what great figures everyone has, too!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Jasmine, is that the Maggie Anastasia?? I love the softness of the fabric, so pretty :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Oooh, love all the dresses guys!  I can't wait to wear mine!  I would probably wear it at home, but I can't!  I tried to try it on after i picked it up, but I couldn't get the corset back tightened.  I finally did and then I COULDN'T GET IT OFF!!  I was so worried I was goign to have to wait for FI to get home to help me out of it!  Luckily I finally got it off, so he didn't have to see it!

I'm totally thinking of wearing my wedding shoes at work to braek them in... but they are fuchsia heels, people will definitely think I'm crazy!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I wore my wedding shoes to work to break them in, trex, but they were cream colored low heeled Bandalero (sp?) pumps so they didn't stand out, well, except for the fact that I was almost always in jeans and black Dansko clogs.  :)  I highly recommend wearing them 'til you know they are going to be as comfortable as possible on your wedding day.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JEnvie. Show JEnvie's posts

In Response to Re: Show your gown! : Don't let that stop you!  Everyone thinks I'm weird, too. 
    Posted by lucy7368

me too, but i prefer to be called quirky!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScooterSM. Show ScooterSM's posts

These are all soooo gorgeous!!  And OMG you all have arms to die for!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

In Response to Re: Show your gown! : me too, but i prefer to be called quirky!
    Posted by JEnvie

I keep insisting it's part of my charm.  As loudly and as often as necessary.  Innocent

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

Jasmine, is that the Maggie Anastasia?? I love the softness of the fabric, so pretty :)
    Posted by Peonie

Thanks! Yes, it is the Anastasia. I had to hunt down that sample, because I kind of got my heart set on that dress. I ended up hating the (out of state) bridal store where I tried on the dress, so was happy to order it locally from Camilla's.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Jasmine - love your dress!!! I was hoping to find something like that but due to a number of factors I had to get my dress asap and didn't end up really loving it. Did anyone else not love their dress?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

thanks everyone! I hope to find an excuse to wear it again. Found out I can't dye it, so altering it might not be in the cards!

Jas- Love your dress, it's so feminine and elegant.

Sections
Shortcuts