Show your gown!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

Re: Show your gown!

These are all gorgeous!  Thanks for sharing, ladies.  I'm feeling a little too shy to post mine. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

There's no reason to be shy.  We'll all just sit here and reaffirm you choice and tell you how fabulous it will look on you.  :)

There's no need to post a picture of you wearing it. I can understand being shy about that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

scooter- LOVE the peekaboo back of your dress. I love that greecian sillouette!

summer, trex, winter, lucy- all just absolutely beautiful!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

In Response to Re: Show your gown!:
    Not buying, Cos, looking.  It all started when I would do absolutely anything to put off studying for the bar exam, and there was a link to David's Bridal at the top of some page...
    Posted by lucy7368

in high school, when my best friend had a bad day, we'd go buy a bridal mag, and cut out pictures to make a dream wedding collage. Everything right down to the china. It was the #1 thing that she'd remind me of when my real wedding planning got stressful. "Are you having a bad day? Do you want to plan my fantasy wedding instead?"
    Planning a fantasy wedding is so much more fun!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

In Response to Re: Show your gown! : in high school, when my best friend had a bad day, we'd go buy a bridal mag, and cut out pictures to make a dream wedding collage. Everything right down to the china. It was the #1 thing that she'd remind me of when my real wedding planning got stressful. "Are you having a bad day? Do you want to plan my fantasy wedding instead?" Planning a fantasy wedding is so much more fun!
    Posted by pinkkittie27

To be fair, just about anything is more fun than studying for the Bar. But, yes, I've been planning my fantasy wedding since I was about 12, and I really enjoy it.  I like to plan fantasy theme weddings, like my Dirty Dancing wedding where we dance to Time of Your Life, and I carry a watermelon down the aisle...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

In Response to Re: Show your gown! : To be fair, just about anything is more fun than studying for the Bar. But, yes, I've been planning my fantasy wedding since I was about 12, and I really enjoy it.  I like to plan fantasy theme weddings, like my Dirty Dancing wedding where we dance to Time of Your Life, and I carry a watermelon down the aisle...
    Posted by lucy7368

Theme weddings are the best! I love seeing pictures of Star Wars theme weddings and stuff like that. I would ahve loved to do a Jaws themed wedding since it's my favorite movie and we were at the aquarium. I would have walked down the aisle to the Jaws theme with a rhinestone fin on my head. Shark head cake, shark tooth favors... But that would be a dealbreaker for DH. Which is good because our families would have thought I was insane.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

I still like my Princess Bride-themed wedding idea.  Just you all wait.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Thank you, Trex! That is good to know! What jewelry are you wearing with yours?
    Posted by Peonie

Not totally sure yet but I plan to wear the necklace in the first photo.  It is a faux diamond choker-ish, but I'm not sure if it is too much.  Love your opinion on that!  For earrings, I have these that I was thinking of wearing:

Nadri Drop Earrings

They are *gorgeous* in person!  Good price now too... I got them for my e-pics at full price a while back. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

In Response to Re: Show your gown! : Not totally sure yet but I plan to wear the necklace in the first photo.  It is a faux diamond choker-ish, but I'm not sure if it is too much.  Love your opinion on that!  For earrings, I have these that I was thinking of wearing: Nadri Drop Earrings They are *gorgeous* in person!
    Posted by trex509

Those earrings are very pretty.  Do you have a better picture of the necklace?  It looks almost like a strand of pearls, which is fine, but not what you described.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYEBride2010. Show NYEBride2010's posts

Love the princess neckline and empire waist - so flattering and classic, Scooter. Here's mine (pre-veil - I had left it home, and DH was speeding back to get it!):
    Posted by kargiver

Kar, that is beautiful!  That is what I had pictured myself in at first.  Then I found mine and I'm in love.  I don't want to post it as FI is a snoop and knows I post on here ...the little rat.  I love looking at all the different styles and hearing about all the fun times people have finding that perfect dress. 

Great dresses ladies! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, NYE!  I didn't picture myself in anything in particular other than an A-line shape which I was sure I wanted.  I certainly didn't expect to have the whole top be scalloped lace!  And, it was hard to imagine because the sleeves were very long and trumpety!  Anahit fixed them, the goddess.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

Okay, Lucy, you twisted my arm!  ; )

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, how pretty!!!  Why be bashful about THAT?!  Show it off!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

Thanks, Kar!  I love yours, too.  It's so fun to look at everyone's photos!  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Yeah, Rirlo, that's beautiful. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

Thanks, Lucy!  Your silver gown is gorgeous.  I knew I didn't want white, and I ended up with ivory, but I tried on one that was sort of pink.  I really liked it!  The slightly unusual tones are fun.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I strongly considered an Alfred Angelo with a sage green accent.  It looked a lot better on the model than on me, but I liked the idea of a splash of color.

It was this one.  AA Dress with Sage

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

That is beautiful - and unique with the accent on the train, rather than simply a sash or along the hem or bust - but I love the one you picked!  It was very forward-thinking of you to imagine it the way you wore it and not simply as you saw it at first.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, Rirlo - I had a really good friend who helped me make the decision, too.  Here's a couple of photos of what it looked like at first.  I had the train shortened to chapel length, the whole bodice refit (the finished lace went straight across my body, no dip in the back), and the sleeves shortened and depoofed.  I'm posting in case any brides out there are nervous about buying a dress that basically looks awful in hopes that the seamstress can bring the best out of it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

this is my dress when i first tried it on.  i LOVED it!  obviously when i wore it, it fit me.  I also changed the bow to match the color of the dress.  it came with a little bolero jacket that I wore only during the ceremony. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

Okay, Lucy, you twisted my arm!  ; )
    Posted by Rirlo01

rirlo, this dress is beautiful and the photo is stunning! who was your photographer?  i love the pose. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

Thank you!!  So glad people like the dress.  You know how you love your dress, but it still feels so good to hear that other people do, too?  :)  Speaking of which, yours is beautiful, as well!  

I'm using BerryPhotos, but that photo isn't by Keith Berry.  That's from the bride who sold me her dress.  She is gorgeous!  I edited her photo so as not to show her face, just in case she wouldn't want that, but all the photos she sent are incredible.  I'd have asked which company she used, but she's out in CA.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Here's mine!  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Very pretty - nice arms, too!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Thanks Kar.) :   The dress was straight across and I wanted it to be a sweetheart, Anahit said she didn't want to cut the lace the first time through. Well she was right, looked so great with out the lace cut down! Gotta love her!

Sections
Shortcuts