TGIF

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from somethingold. Show somethingold's posts

TGIF

Rading, consignments store shopping (only ones with furniture), stupid tv, and cleaning projects like chandeliers/light fixtures and drivign til I get lost...sometimes I go to movies without knowing whats playing and just see the next movie that starts DH couldn't handle that

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

TGIF

I hope nobody worked over the weekend!

We went, as planned, to the Gardner furniture outlets both days. We picked out new living and dining room sets! Any of you looking for high end furnishing (or will be after buying a new home!), keep Gardner in mind. There are 6 or 7 outlet stores, and it's nice stuff at reasonable prices. Factory Co-op on Kraft St. is our favorite for all the gorgeous solid cherry pieces. Cherry seems to just glow by its own light. They are having a 10% off sale through the end of February right now, and prices are already reasonable so it's pretty good. We've been looking for months, and this place (well, places) blows them ALL away. Gardner Furniture Outlets

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

TGIF

We are attending a birthday party for my favorite 88 year old.

Tonight - pizza and Jacuzzi. Not in that order.

Sunday - HGTV and a big dinner that takes time to cook.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

TGIF

Northern, you are a shopper after my own heart! I hate shopping and get easily discouraged.

Favorite alone time activity is reading or watching DVR'd shows that my DH hates [ie, Criminal Minds, Bones and Masterpiece Theatre]. :-)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

TGIF

Not dorky at all! DH and I went to my mom's last weekend and played Wii with them for hours! :)

[Quote]This is going to sound immensely dorky, but there is no way around it. We are having my DH's cousin over for the weekend for a Rockband 2 marathon.[/Quote]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

TGIF

Good luck, Northern! We bought our first place in August. The process sucks, but it's definitely worth it. We're refinancing already because rates are crazy low.

One thing I learned--the realtor's "friends" (brokers, attorneys, etc) are not your friends. Find your own people because they're looking out for each other.

Favorite alone stuff--writing. I've written two books, but I want to write a good one, lol. I like getting into the zone, turning up the radio, and lose myself in my characters.

PS--FI has *hosted* Rockband parties, so you're not alone!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

TGIF

Congrats, tibird on his getting to this major milestone - may there be many, many more!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

TGIF

My favorite alone activity is to read or do one of many crafts (crochet, jewelry, cross stitch) with a bunch of cds in so I am not disturbed by commercials.

I just reallized how old fashioned that sounds, cds! I own them and so does my DH but his are all ripped to mp3s and mine are not.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

TGIF

That is so wonderful news tibird! Congratulations to both of you. I imagine going out is a big step in the right direction, But don't overdo it these days. The flu has just hit MA. I would still wear gloves and wash hands endlessly.

[Quote]Woo-hoo for weekends!!

FI just reached 100 days post-transplant yesterday & has had oodles of restrictions lifted. We are going out (sans mask & gloves!), getting a massage & probably finishing up our registry to get people off our backs. There may be more activities, since he is so excited to go out in the general public...

My favorite "alone" thing is to drive. I love having complete control over the music & the ablility to sing along badly :)[/Quote]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from circles82. Show circles82's posts

TGIF

This is going to sound immensely dorky, but there is no way around it. We are having my DH's cousin over for the weekend for a Rockband 2 marathon.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

TGIF

Absolutely, TGIF!!

My favorite alone time activity is cooking if I'm not in a hurry. A close second is, unlike the power shoppers among us, wandering around the mall maybe buying something, usually not. I love Bare Escentials and William Sonoma, but they could put us in the poor house so I usually just look. Going to the movies alone is fun for me, too - I don't have to be concerned about anyone else's feelings about the movie.

This weekend we're furniture shopping for the living room. The Gardner furniture mecca is having a sale.

Good luck to all - big things going on this weekend for everyone it seems!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

TGIF

Woo-hoo for weekends!!

FI just reached 100 days post-transplant yesterday & has had oodles of restrictions lifted. We are going out (sans mask & gloves!), getting a massage & probably finishing up our registry to get people off our backs. There may be more activities, since he is so excited to go out in the general public...

My favorite "alone" thing is to drive. I love having complete control over the music & the ablility to sing along badly :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

TGIF

I am actually thinking about going to work tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I won't, though. Tomorrow, I'll probably run errands and catch up on stuff in the DVR. It's nearly full. On Sunday, going to see He's Just Not that Into You and dinner with a good friend.

My favorite alone activity is a long, hot bubble bath with a good book and a glass of wine. However, like most of my other favorite activities, that, too, is better when shared with the right someone (minus the book). :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongirl831. Show bostongirl831's posts

TGIF

Favorite alone time is catching up on all the DVR'd shows i don't have time for or cleaning - is that weird :)

This weekend i'm doing the rest of the planning and organizing for my moms surprise party - God Bless you ladies I can't imagine how stressful it is to plan a wedding - i'm stressed over an 80 person birthday party!! :)

Everyone enjoy the somewhat warm weather finally!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

TGIF

Northern take good notes on those little sheets of info about the house. I bought my house before wedding planning but I found that as with shopping with dresses and houses they can start to blend. Detailed notes on first impressions as well as notes about things that you would want to change be they cosmetic or otherwise was a big help in my search. Good luck.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

TGIF

TGIF is right. We did our taxes last weekend so we're going to Mohegan Sun this weekend...haha. :-) After 13 months of SAVE SAVE SAVE we are finally taking some time for ourselves and hopefully we don't LOSE LOSE LOSE lol.

We meet w/ a mortgage lady next weekend -- good luck with your house hunt!

I love to sit around and watch the Dark Shadows revival series from 1990's. haha. I could watch it a million times.

I also love to shop alone. I am way more productive that way.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

TGIF

What's everyone up to this weekend? I'm going to an open house to start the whole home buying process.

and 'cause I'm bored and we haven't had a poll question in awhile...What's your favorite 'alone' activity? and by that i mean, shopping? dinning out? going to the movies?

-for me it's shopping. I'm one of those shoppers who goes into a mall with a purpose and if I don't find what I am looking for in a store within the first 15 mins, I leave. I get board roaming around for hours and hours.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from somethingold. Show somethingold's posts

TGIF

First word is "reading" typo and oh yes napping

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

TGIF

We have our tasting tomorrow and I'm going to try my dress on (woohoo!). During my alone time, I like watching movies that I know my FI won't like or reading. I used to like doing all that girl stuff alone (like nails, waxing, face masks, etc.), but now I just do that in front of FI :-)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

TGIF

150? wow! and people in my office looked at me funny when I said we had 7 to look at.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

TGIF

[Quote]We went to the open house and we didn't really like it but it's only the first house we have looked at so far so oh well no harm, no foul. Next weekend we should be seeing a few more houses. I'm so excited about all this :-). The house we went to said it had a half bath in addition to the one full bath. The half bath was a coat closet/pantry turned into a bathroom. Claustaphobic me would never use it lol.[/Quote]

The more houses you see and dislike the more you'll love the home you buy! I'm not a fan of closets turned bathrooms; they are in the "wrong" place architecturally for my taste and claustrobia nightmares, too, of course!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

TGIF

Hello Northern - good luck with your house hunting. My son bought a home a few months ago and he and his wife looked at 150 homes, before they decided.
    I am with you - hate malls! I try to do most of my shopping on the net - but if it is something I really have to take a look at, I will go to the mall alone - but leave as soon as my that one stop is over.
    I would never dine out or go to the movies alone. I know some people like to do that, but I have plenty of things to keep me occupied at home. Besides I like to cook, even though it would only be for myself. - Pingo

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

TGIF

Thanks girls! It is pretty big news in our little world :) He needed something positive to come his way! Starting radiation next week isn't so daunting anymore...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

TGIF

that's wonderful news tibird!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

TGIF

ugh, looking at apartments, we've got to move by March 1st.

Alone activity? I like baking or going shopping.