The royal wedding

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lacus. Show lacus's posts

Re: The royal wedding

In Response to Re: The royal wedding:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The royal wedding : You mean like a Christian wedding where the father "gives away the bride"? 
    Posted by AllForADeuce[/QUOTE]

That's medieval enough, but I don't recall the bride being turned over to the priest/minister before being moved along to the husband.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seebell. Show Seebell's posts

I absolutely loved it.  The Royal Wedding was all so full of love and beauty and tradition and just glorious to watch.  Started watching at 4:30am till William & Kate kissed for the 2nd time on the Balconey - THEN I forced myself to shut it off to get ready for work.  I pray they stay happy as they are today - they both looked so happy. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnxg. Show johnxg's posts

[QUOTE]Who cares. Royal weddings of any kind are a bore. But this one may top them all in terms of ennui. For those of you who do care, I would ask: Do you know Prince William or Kate Middleton? Have they said anything meaningful about ways in which they hope to make this world better? Isn't it ironic that a nation that proudly kicked out George III is so utterly infatuated with one of his great-great-great-great grandchildren's wedding. There ought to be a global movement to abolish all monarchies once and for all. Establish Republics, which at least in spirit have no room for blue bloods. Queen Elizabeth's clan pay no taxes, contribute nothing to society, and yet are idolized by so many. Unfathomable nonsense.
    Posted by bostoncommon[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrunoWoohoo. Show BrunoWoohoo's posts

[QUOTE]Who cares. Royal weddings of any kind are a bore. But this one may top them all in terms of ennui. For those of you who do care, I would ask: Do you know Prince William or Kate Middleton? Have they said anything meaningful about ways in which they hope to make this world better? Isn't it ironic that a nation that proudly kicked out George III is so utterly infatuated with one of his great-great-great-great grandchildren's wedding. There ought to be a global movement to abolish all monarchies once and for all. Establish Republics, which at least in spirit have no room for blue bloods. Queen Elizabeth's clan pay no taxes, contribute nothing to society, and yet are idolized by so many. Unfathomable nonsense.
    Posted by bostoncommon[/QUOTE]

Perhaps even more ironic is that you took the time and effort to tell the rest of us how much you don't care about this event...

As for the royal family not paying taxes: They remain just about the largest tourist attraction in Western Europe; the revenues from that alone FAR eclipse any taxes they would otherwise pay.

So stop whining about an event that is otherwise harmless, and really just a nice diversion from all the negative headlines that typically dominate the news.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnSkookum. Show JohnSkookum's posts

Hey you Fenian scum, how d'ya like them apples?  Rule Britannia!

Sections
Shortcuts