Tuxes question

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

Tuxes question

I'm with Kargiver on this one. We had all they men dress the same. No one mistook the groom for an usher. :)
    (Or a guest for that matter, my wedding was a Friday night and many of our guests chose to wear black tie as well).

Since all of our guys owned their own black tuxes, that's what I had them wear. I asked everyone to get a black vest (their choice) because I'm not a fan of cummerbunds.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kel96. Show kel96's posts

Tuxes question

I used to work for a tux company and I would recommend that the groom wear a different color vest and tie or something like that so he stands out. Talk to your tux shop about your options, they should easily be able to help you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Tuxes question

Having the groom in a different color vest/tie is obviously OK, but the way we did it, with everyone in the same, no one mistook the groom for an usher. ;)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from katie1980. Show katie1980's posts

Tuxes question

Hi All,
    The girls are in navy dresses, so the groom and groomsmen will be in this tux:

Tux

My question is; we have 2 ushers and the fathers - should they be in the same tux as the groom and groomsmen or should we have them in black?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from katie1980. Show katie1980's posts

Tuxes question

thanks all; I think the groom will be in a grey vest and tie; the groomsmen in pink or navy ties.

I just don't know what to do with the ushers and the fathers! I'll cut out pictures and place them together I think :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Tuxes question

we did a different tux for the fathers. All of the tuxes were black though, so the difference was int he style itself, not so much the color. Our gifts to the fathers was a nice tie.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

Tuxes question

All the guys in my wedding were in the same basic tux we mixed it up with the ties and vests as the kel96 suggested.

So it was a black tux with white shirts for all and
    Groom- white vest and tie
    Fathers- silver tie and vests (note the grooms father was also the best man)
    Groomsmen - med charchol gray tie and vest

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Tuxes question

You'll probably get equal votes for both. It's a matter of your style, and you can't really do it wrong. Imagine how you want your formal pictures to look. Do you want them all uniformly dressed, or do you want their role distinction clear by their outfits?

ETA: In case it could be helpful, I'll tell you what we did which was by no means "correct," it was just what I wanted. The Best Man, Ushers (no groomsmen), and even the Groom himself were all in the same style tux, Calvin Klein's all black (ivory shirts) suit-like style with black long ties.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kel96. Show kel96's posts

Tuxes question