Veil alterations

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Veil alterations

I can't say from personal experience, but www.wedclean.com does restoration work on wedding clothing according to their web page. Other brides have posted here that they had excellent results with the cleaning and preservation of their dresses from there. If it were me, I'd worry about restoring it to it's original state and then worry about the potential of adding beads because the vendors that are best suited to each of those very different tasks may be different.

Good luck!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

Veil alterations

Hi there,

I was prompted by a different veil discussion to ask you all if you know of any good veil alteration resources. I really want to wear my mom's veil, which is pretty old and delicate. It is white with lace, and (of course) my dress is ivory with some beading. So we're trying to determine whether or not we can a) dye it or stain it and b) add beads.

Any thoughts? I don't want to ruin it!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1239331. Show user_1239331's posts

Veil alterations

heatherv1211- I was going to post the same request! I am wearing my mom's veil, her's was white (dulled over the years from being stored) and my dress is ivory. People have mentioned dying it with tea, but I am so nervous! If you find out any info, let me know!