V.O.W.S = WOW

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

V.O.W.S = WOW

I already pretty much found my dream dress, but if you're looking for designer dresses for INSANLEY low prices (compared to what they normaly go for), go to V.O.W.S, I was just browsing their website http://www.bridepower.com and was floored at the beautiful gowns they have at those prices!! I don't know exactly how it all works (maybe Kar can help), but wow, if you are dying to walk down the aisle in a Reem Acra, Vera W*ng ( I was not allowed to type W*ang!!), Monique Lhuillier, Carolina Herrera, Anne Barge, Amsale, Kenneth Pool, or Melissa Sweet, check this place out!!

They don't get the greatest reviews, because the dresses can be a little "dingy" but they clean up beautifully. The only problem I had is that most of the gowns come in sample size 10, but some go up to 20, but not the big time designers. Anyway...check it out! I bet Kar could give a stellar review of them!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Re: V.O.W.S = WOW

I got my dress there too, and I found a gown for 1/2 the price of basically the same gown at another regular bridal shop. I wanted all lace so I knew it would be expensive.  I was not really impressed with the staff there, I didn't get much help and felt hurried along. Probably best not to go on a weekend, but it was the only time my mom was available.   For the price I think it is a good place to go!  Especially if you can find one on the bargain list, under 500! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

[QUOTE]I got my dress there too, and I found a gown for 1/2 the price of basically the same gown at another regular bridal shop. I wanted all lace so I knew it would be expensive.  I was not really impressed with the staff there, I didn't get much help and felt hurried along. Probably best not to go on a weekend, but it was the only time my mom was available.   For the price I think it is a good place to go!  Especially if you can find one on the bargain list, under 500! 
    Posted by ajuly09[/QUOTE]

I also wanted to point out (and I didn't know this before I bought my dress at L'Elite) that VOWS will actually SEEK OUT a sample dress if you go in there with an exact dress in mind.  If you know exactly which style and designer you want, they will actually buy stores' sample dresses for you!  I had no idea, but I went there recently to use my $100 credit towards monogrammed napkins and the girl there told me that they will do that.  I wish I'd known that!  Plus one for VOWS! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That's where I got my gown!  They put the estimated retail price at $5400, but my seamstress (Anahit) estimated it was closer to $8000.  I paid $700!

However, that was after I went back a couple of months after I saw it for $1100 and it was marked down to $800, and I asked for another $100 acting like I wasn't that in love with it.  I'm a good actress when it counts.

And, they did the whole used car salesman thing with the price, too, but stand firm.  They'll give you a deal if you stick to your guns and don't gush too much over the gown.  Give it a shurg and tell them you'll think about it.  Head for the door.  See how fast they run after you with a better price!

Would it be rude to post my gown again?!  Let me know if there's anyone out there who hasn't seen it who wants to. :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Kar, you LOVED your gown, so post away :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Some of the beautiful gowns! Their website is so fun to look at!

Lazaro, $1800!

Reem Acra, $1500!!

Paloma Blanca, $900!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

OK, at the risk of being rude or being accused of going for some record of times posting the dress, here's my score from VOWS!  Forgive me. :)

I think I saw this on bridepower.com (Ramona Kaveza or something like that) after they sold me the "only one."  So, that's another thing to be wary of - they tend to exaggerate the need to hurry and snap up the one up you like or it will be "gone forever."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Liz, those gowns are awesome!  I spent so many hours on bridepower!  I had an account and gave my mom my login info so she could look at the gowns I'd saved off in my Favorites bin online.  She's from out of state, so it was a fun, easy way to look at dresses together.

~kar

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Liz, did you have specific questions about how the VOWS process works?

By the way, I tried on the middle dress you posted.  Funny, out of all the dresses, isn't it?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Kar no...I actually bought my dress yesterday!!! And it wasn't the Alfred Angelo, I am going to post it now on a new post because I am so in love with it and I want to show it off, I can't help it :)

And the middle dress is GORGEOUS!!!! I love love love Reem Acra! Your dress turned out beautiful, you can see the quality of silk, just amazing :)