VOWS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

VOWS

Maybe someone has already posted this, but noticed that VOWS has a new store in Watertown right near Newton Corner.  It looks great, the old store was pretty small for all their inventory.  This one at least from the outside looks very classy!  Just thought I'd share! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from smsalty. Show smsalty's posts

Re: VOWS

I was just there for their G.I gown giveaway... yes a got a reem acra for FREE! anyway the new salon is beautiful totally reccomend this boutique for brides on a budget and the girls are amazingly well informed about each and every dress in their entire inventory... two thumbs up to VOWS now in watertown!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Toffee. Show Toffee's posts

In Response to Re: VOWS:
    [QUOTE]I was just there for their G.I gown giveaway... yes a got a reem acra for FREE! anyway the new salon is beautiful totally reccomend this boutique for brides on a budget and the girls are amazingly well informed about each and every dress in their entire inventory... two thumbs up to VOWS now in watertown!
    Posted by smsalty[/QUOTE]

Also wanted to let you know that a consultant at Vows told me that they'd actually search for a dress sample at other stores if I had a particular style in mind... so it wouldn't hurt to ask! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sarahbth. Show sarahbth's posts

[QUOTE]I was just there for their G.I gown giveaway...

Is any GI elibible?  It's a big step for the military to go from don't ask don't tell to allowing not only female GI's but crossdressing males to wear gowns for their weddings!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

congrats! how exciting!

[QUOTE]I was just there for their G.I gown giveaway... yes a got a reem acra for FREE! anyway the new salon is beautiful totally reccomend this boutique for brides on a budget and the girls are amazingly well informed about each and every dress in their entire inventory... two thumbs up to VOWS now in watertown!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

http://www.wickedlocal.com/lifestyles/x1792927751/Watertown-bridal-shop-gives-away-300-gowns-for-military-brides

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sarahbth. Show sarahbth's posts

A few stores in our area have done the USO link bridal gowns giveaways too.  For some reason, they seem to have had a hard time with advertising the giveaway, so every time I see or hear of a promotion, I check it out.

One Bridal Shop caught a news press photographer's eye- a window banner proclaimed -  GI  giveaway!   Prompting inquiries about how many soldiers were being given away?

Another advertised- for "the soldier's fiancees".  They  seemed at a loss when a mother inquired about her daughter, in the military, just engaged and who would be on leave when 1 store was scheduling one.  That store  "never thought the kind of girl, you know, who would want to be in the army,  would ever want to get married."

All kinds of funny things.  The reporters poked fun at "GI gown Giveaway"  as a time for soldiers to get their dress uniform for free!

I am glad it is being done.  The commitment to serve plays havoc with dates and schedules,  so off the rack samples, overstocks and such make life a lot easier than  4-6 month ordered dresses.

The old VOWS had insufficient space, but they were very helpful, even though I did not find my gown there.