Websites/Locations for finding a wedding dress

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kinga9. Show kinga9's posts

Re: Websites/Locations for finding a wedding dress

In Response to Re: Websites/Locations for finding a wedding dress:
    [QUOTE]Be nice. No threats, abuse, or spam. Be respectful. No hate speech. Debate, but don't attack. Stay away from personal attacks. Notice anything in your post?
    Posted by some-guy[/QUOTE]
    Just stating a fact, that's all.

Start thinking outside the box, some-guy, and start realizing that your words are just as disrespectful and if not more hateful than mine when you start attacking brides who are just trying to enjoy this wonderful moment in their lives. My words are really just reiterating the picture you've already painted of yourself to us.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedFishBlueFish. Show RedFishBlueFish's posts

I'm generally a lurker, but dear heavens, Kinga, give it a rest.

You're coming off way, way worse to an outside observer than thatguy. Nothing he's said in this thread comes close to the vitriol you're throwing at him.

Practice what you preach.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kinga9. Show kinga9's posts

[QUOTE]I'm generally a lurker, but dear heavens, Kinga, give it a rest. You're coming off way, way worse to an outside observer than thatguy. Nothing he's said in this thread comes close to the vitriol you're throwing at him. Practice what you preach.
    Posted by RedFishBlueFish[/QUOTE]
    I call it like I see it, and I've called this guy what I think he really is. Personally, after seeing his suggestion of a three-way to a woman writing about the worry of her husband having an affair with her best friend was the icing on the cake for me, and you won't have to worry about my wasting anymore of my time responding to him. I apologize for the drawn out conversation, and I'll sign off.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from simon08. Show simon08's posts

to be honest I originally thought the some guy/kinga "debate" was humourous but now it is boring - move on you two it's old now - let people enjoy what they are reading this for not to see your posts to each other - and quite frankly everyone has their own opinion and if some-guy chooses to post his opinion so be it, and if you don't like it move onto the next posting.  Kinga you are just enticing him to keep going and as the previous person said you are getting to be a whole lot worse than him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

kar, I'd never seen a picture of your dress before...it is just gorgeous.

Luvbug, I'd recommend that you go a David's Bridal on a weeknight and just start trying on a million different dresses to get an idea of what style looks best on you....that way, you can really narrow it down.

Bring a friend with you who will give you an honest opinion of what looks good on you and what doesn't.  Don't ever bring an entourage like they do on "Say Yes to the Dress".....a recipe for disaster.

Country Weddings in Hingham has always gotten rave reviews from other brides on these boards.  However, always plan to get alterations done elsewhere.  In-store alterations can be VERY pricey.

When you do try on dresses, keep in mind that the ones you try on are slightly stretched out from everyone trying them on, so the size that fits in the store may be too small when ordered new.

When you do order, be sure to pay a lot of attention to your measurements that the store takes and ask to compare them to the manufacturer's size chart to ensure that they're ordering the correct size. 

There's also a bridal shop in Plymouth that gets really good reviews, too, but I can't remember the name of it....

Have fun! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, cos!  Great advice for the OP, too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kinga9. Show kinga9's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks, cos!  Great advice for the OP, too.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]
    Now that I think of it, the storefront across from Vows says "Rosa's"...maybe Anahit (sp?) did retire?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kinga9. Show kinga9's posts

[QUOTE]Kinga- So you're stalking my posts on other boards? How very creepy of you.
    Posted by some-guy[/QUOTE]
    Nope, just perusing through other things...not too familiar with all the different topics and just wanted to see what else was out there, that's all.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Websites/Locations for finding a wedding dress : Now that I think of it, the storefront across from Vows says "Rosa's"...maybe Anahit (sp?) did retire?
    Posted by kinga9[/QUOTE]

Yeah, she seemed pretty serious about it 3 years ago which was the last I knew anything about it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from spinningwheel. Show spinningwheel's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Websites/Locations for finding a wedding dress : That's too bad, sw!  I don't think I'd look back on a comedy of errors with my gown and actually laugh, but bless you for your outlook! :)
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]
    To be honest, the fact that the dress was too short made it easier to change from heels into flip flops after the ceremony!  And the dress really did end up looking great.  I'm sure my outlook would be different if it hadn't!  :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from spinningwheel. Show spinningwheel's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Websites/Locations for finding a wedding dress : Now that I think of it, the storefront across from Vows says "Rosa's"...maybe Anahit (sp?) did retire?
    Posted by kinga9[/QUOTE]
    Vows moved a year or so ago -- it used to be in Newton, across from Anahit, and is now basically around the corner in Watertown, so I think the Rosa's you're seeing is across from the new location.  I just moved from the neighborhood last month, and I think Anahit's shop was still there. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Well, I guess my days about knowing anything about VOWS or Anahit are officially over.  Sigh.  Time marches on!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kinga9. Show kinga9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Websites/Locations for finding a wedding dress : Vows moved a year or so ago -- it used to be in Newton, across from Anahit, and is now basically around the corner in Watertown, so I think the Rosa's you're seeing is across from the new location.  I just moved from the neighborhood last month, and I think Anahit's shop was still there. 
    Posted by spinningwheel[/QUOTE]
    Ah, ok. I thought maybe when Vows moved, Anahit moved with them for continuity purposes. I went to the old Vows the first time (with Anahit across the street) and just assumed it was the same set up in Watertown the second time around when they said to go across the street. Guess I'll find out in June/July when I have to have my first fitting!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from meg2011. Show meg2011's posts

I bought my dress at Alegria in Belmont, Ma. I had a great experience, my consultant was great to work with and was helpful in guiding me in directions to try on. I would recommend going there. I went to Vows right before I went Alegria in the same day the two stores a very close. I was not really impressed with Vows I found it to be hit or miss.

Sections
Shortcuts