Wedding Day Flats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Re: Wedding Day Flats

I don't know about "bridal," but I bought flats at Target for $12, just for walking to and from work, and they're very comfortable (I have two pairs).  They come in white, and they're made by Mossimo.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I have a pair of flats by Dr. Scholl's (sp?) that are super comfy. I got them from Marshalls on Downtown Crossing. $30

or you could just get real leather ballet slippers:
    http://www.zappos.com/capezio-teknik-ballet-new-pink

and to anyone who hasn't bought shoes yet: get capezios if you can. They are built to dance the night away.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

OP, it won't necessarily solve your wedding day shoe issue, but for your Cole Hahn Flats, go to CVS and check out the shoe insert aisle.  That place is a godsend.  Dr. Schols makes stuff that goes on the heel of the shoe [inside the shoe] that will take care of chafing. If the chafing is in the front, try moleskin. You can cut it to size and fit it to the shoe where you want it.  I use it in all my sandals.  It has an adhesive backing.  They also have arch inserts that are clear that are like magic.  Then there are the anti-toe scrunchers.  I have so many shoe issues [not quite wide front foot but really narrow heel and high arches] so these additions for the shoes are necessary.

Also, find a cobbler in your area. They can strech the toe or heel of the shoe for you. I did this w/ a pair of peeptoe slingbacks and couldn't be happier. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I've found the reviews on Zappos (they break down ratings by Comfort, True to Size, and Appearance if I remember right) to be VERY spot on.  They have a free, no hassle 365 day return policy.  I bought 3 pairs of shoes for the wedding and returned 2 (I only intended to keep one pair in the beginning).  It was as easy as promised.

You can narrow your search to color, style, heel height, etc. and then sort them by rating.  5 star comfort turned out to be that way for me, too.  My wedding shoes were as comfortable for me as they were for everyone else the entire day and throughout the reception.

(ALF's tips on making shoes wearable are awesome.  I've done many of those things, too, and they work.)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

I have the cutest Dr. Sholl's flats that I ordered from Endless.com. They took a little bit of time to break in, but worth it. I love them!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Check these out - $13.  They have rubber bottoms so you wouldn't slip on the dance floor.

http://www.zappos.com/leos-criss-cross-sockette-white

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from teeny331. Show teeny331's posts

EJL, I was on the same search you're on.  I ended up staying with my bridal sandals, but I considered buying these from Dessy.  Very cute and they look comfy http://www.dessy.com/accessories/duchess-bridesmaid-ballet-flat/