Wedding Dress is Ready!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Wedding Dress is Ready!!

Hi all,

I got a call from my seamstress that my wedding dress is all set (done with alterations) and ready to be picked up.  I'm going this Saturday (9/18) to pick it up.  I will definitely try it on and make sure it's all good to go beforehand, but anything I should "make sure" I do before I leave?  I know enough to walk around and make sure I can actually sit in it, but anything else?

I'm so excited!!!  I cannot believe how quickly wedding time has come... ah!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Re: Wedding Dress is Ready!!

Woo! You're so close to the finish line you can see it! Exciting!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

I can't believe it's real.  I can't believe I'll be a married lady in 3 weeks!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Forgot to answer your questions, but I can't think of anything else besides walking around and sitting. I sometimes jump up and down in a dress I'm trying on to see if there's any "pop-out" risk

In Response to Re: Wedding Dress is Ready!!:
    I can't believe it's real.  I can't believe I'll be a married lady in 3 weeks!
    Posted by Goodness1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

YES, I totally forgot about that.  My friend told me to do that (jump up and down).  She was happy and jumping up and down at her wedding, and something almost popped out!!  She was so embarrassed and mortified thinking that someone might've seen something.  No one did as nothing came out, but still. 

It's funny because in the pictures, she's laughing hysterically, but not out of happiness, out of possible embarrassment. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I just guffawed out loud at that!
    I had it happen to me at a dance in school, but I felt it happen and tucked it back in right away and no one noticed.

YES, I totally forgot about that.  My friend told me to do that (jump up and down).  She was happy and jumping up and down at her wedding, and something almost popped out!!  She was so embarrassed and mortified thinking that someone might've seen something.  No one did as nothing came out, but still.  It's funny because in the pictures, she's laughing hysterically, but not out of happiness, out of possible embarrassment. 
    Posted by Goodness1

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

LOL on the popping out risk!  Of course, if your dress looks like some of those in the "horrible dress" thread, they're OUT already! ;)

Congrats on the milestone!

You need to clean out the back seat of your car if it's not 100% empty, and only one person can go with you so you can lay the dress out as flat as possible.  That was Anahit's stearn "advice" to me, anyway.  Not sure what kind of vehicle you have, but you get the idea.

That's all I can think of aside from what you have covered.

Enjoy!!!

~kar

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

That's a great tip to remember... jumping up and down.  If I jump, they'll just want to come out.  Ha!!  They'll be all, "Wait, what's going on out there... I wanna see, I wanna see".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I just guffawed out loud at that! I had it happen to me at a dance in school, but I felt it happen and tucked it back in right away and no one noticed. In Response to Re: Wedding Dress is Ready!! :
    Posted by pinkkittie27

No way!  That's hysterical!  All this talk makes me think of the Seinfeld with Elaine's n pple being out in the Christmas cards.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I learned my lesson about demi-cup strapless bras, they might as well not even be there!

In Response to Re: Wedding Dress is Ready!! : No way!  That's hysterical!  All this talk makes me think of the Seinfeld with Elaine's n pple being out in the Christmas cards.
    Posted by kargiver

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Take the person who will be bustling your dress (if you are) and make sure they demonstrate this and they know how to do it properly.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Aw Goodness, how exciting!  Your day will be here before you know it.  :)

All the other ladies here gave great advice!  The only thing I'd suggest, which you're probably planning on doing already, is to bring the same pair of shoes you'll be wearing on your wedding day, just to make sure the hem is exactly where it needs to be.

Let us know how it goes!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, yeah, the bustle person and shoes!  Great points.  It's been almost a year since I thought about this for myself - can you believe it?!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

I can't believe how time flies!

When's your anniversary?  November what?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I can't believe how time flies! When's your anniversary?  November what?
    Posted by Goodness1

11th :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

That's great. 

Mine will be October 11!  YAY!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Let's hear it for the 11th!!!!!

WOO HOO!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Have my dress and it's perfect, perfect, perfect.  I can't believe I get to put it on for real in just a couple weeks!!! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Have my dress and it's perfect, perfect, perfect.  I can't believe I get to put it on for real in just a couple weeks!!! 
    Posted by Goodness1

Yay Goodness!  I hope you'll at least post a picture of you in your dress from the neck down so we can see it!  :-)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Yay! I second kmt's comment.
    So exciting!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

I definitely will.  I watched my seamstress sew in a few extra pick-ups last night, so I wouldn't get stepped on.  With all the dancing we'll be doing, I want to make sure no one steps on me. 

And, I am a little excited to say that it felt a little looser in the body (at my waist).  Not terribly loose or anything, just didn't feel like it was strangling me, and that I wouldn't be able to breathe all night.  I'm glad all my work outs, and eating healthier panned out. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

YAY!  So exciting!  :D

I want to see it too!

Sections
Shortcuts