wedding shoes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from candice211. Show candice211's posts

wedding shoes

HI BDC ladies!!
    sorry if this post is in the wrong category....i couldn't seem to find where it would fit the best.
    I have been looking for wedding shoes for a while now and at the great suggestions of these boards i did hit Zappos online and Shoes to Dye for in Natick along w/ numerous other websites.....
    I found a pair i like that i put a picture blw.
    my dilemma is that I REALLY want a high heel (as high as i can get) but still be really stable and cute.  the one below WAS comfortable, I can dye it, it gives me height BUT - i just don't know if its......special.  (its benjamin adams by the way - 4" heel)
    I think i have this idea that the shoes are supposed to be amazing (maybe i have a little too much sex and city on the brain) and i always ooh and ahh over everyone else's shoes....
    SO.....what were your wedding shoes like??
    do they have to be "to die for" or can they be great and understated and FUNCTIONAL?

If anyone had heels that were a 4" height or higher that were really comfortable i would love to hear more!!

pls help!!!

~candice

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: wedding shoes

What's your beef with the GORGEOUS wedding shoe you posted?  I don't understand what you're looking for instead!

In seriousness, my shoes weren't flashy, they were plain leather ivory Bandolino pumps.  Nobody will see your shoes.  If you have and like the ones you posted because they are comfortable, wedding-y, and have the heel you want, I'd say thank goodness you can cross shoes off your list.

Here's the white version of my shoes.  Couldn't find the ivory I got.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JEnvie. Show JEnvie's posts

candice
    i only judge people on one thing, their shoes (well, ok, sometimes their cars too, but i digress) these shoes are fine, more than fine, check wedding shoes off your list and move on

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Candice I love your shoes!!! I can say that because they are my wedding shoes too.  They are so comfortable.  I can't wait to dye them black after the wedding. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

I don't get at ALL why people need super high heels!  Sure, high heels make your legs look nice, but anything over 3" is actually really bad for your feet.  But I realize I'm in the minority.

Anyway, for my wedding comfort of my wedding shoes was very important.  My heels were about 2" high with a wide heel and I thought they looked great and I actually wore them all night!  I *LOVED* them!

I don't get spending a ton of money on crazy a** shoes that you wear for like 1 hr and then have to take off since they kill your feet (or change into flip flops).  I'd rather just wear a nice pair of comfortable shoes. 

Also, just a word of wisdom:  if your wedding is outdoors or you plan to take pics on grass of any sort, DON'T GET A STILETTO HEEL!  I made that mistake as a BM and the heels kept sinking in the dirt and it was really hard to walk.  And they ended up all dirt stained.  But yours look pretty chunky (wise choice!).

Here are my shoes:

awww... I can't post a pic... I'll try again later!

EDIT:  Ah, worked from this computer!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

Height wasn't important to me as I'm taller than DH.  I also knew nobody was really going to see them (until I realized our photog has a shoe fetish)
    Here they are; canvas, from WalMart & $5  :)
    No Boundaries ladies wedges shoes -- size 11M

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

If shoes are your thing, keep looking until you find "the one".  (Or, I guess "the two".)

You'll need them when you get your dress hemmed.  Until then, hit every shoe store in a 100-mile radius.  It will give you something fun to do on the dark, cold, slushy Saturdays to come. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Even if shoes are totally your thing, remember that if you have a traditionally long gown, your shoes will hardly be visible on your wedding day so don't be surprised/disappointed if the star of your show ends up playing a minimal role.  I mention it because if I had spent weeks searching and paying for the perfect shoes I'd have been ticked when it turned out that no one even saw them, but that could be just me.  Sometimes you just want to enjoy things like that even if it's just for you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Trex, some of us need super high heels because, without them, our feet don't touch the floor when we sit in chairs.  :-D

Candice, I think those are beautiful.  If you want them to be a little more "special," you could think about dying them to match your bouquet or the BM dresses, but I like them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zenbat. Show zenbat's posts

Trex, your shoes are so cute! Where did you get them? I need a lower heel as to not tower over FI. :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Zenbat:  Thanks!  I got a ton of compliments on them!  I got them at Shoes to Dye For in Natick.  They were $60 + $12 to dye them.  I loved them!  Same shoe comes in a few styles (both lower and higher heels).  These ones had the nice wide heel and they were very comfortable.  That store has a TON of great wedding shoes too plus other accessories.

The only issue I had was that the dye is water soluble, so they say if it rains you should seal them.  I didn't because it didn't rain, however the grass was wet and it totally made the dye run!  I was worried it would stain my dress, but it didn't travel far, it just stained my feet!  Seriously, they were pink for a week!  It was pretty funny.

I didn't seal them because I wanted to dye them black after the wedding so I can wear them for future events.  :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

In Response to wedding shoes:
    HI BDC ladies!! sorry if this post is in the wrong category....i couldn't seem to find where it would fit the best. I have been looking for wedding shoes for a while now and at the great suggestions of these boards i did hit Zappos online and Shoes to Dye for in Natick along w/ numerous other websites..... I found a pair i like that i put a picture blw. my dilemma is that I REALLY want a high heel (as high as i can get) but still be really stable and cute.  the one below WAS comfortable, I can dye it, it gives me height BUT - i just don't know if its......special.  (its benjamin adams by the way - 4" heel) I think i have this idea that the shoes are supposed to be amazing (maybe i have a little too much sex and city on the brain) and i always ooh and ahh over everyone else's shoes.... SO.....what were your wedding shoes like?? do they have to be "to die for" or can they be great and understated and FUNCTIONAL? If anyone had heels that were a 4" height or higher that were really comfortable i would love to hear more!! pls help!!! ~candice
    Posted by candice211

If you like this shoe but want to add a little more character to it, you could have a Louboutin inspired sole added to it, and also have your something blue.

I don't know if anyone does this locally, but Shoe Service Plus in Midtown NY (212-262-4823) does it and they are recommended by the Louboutin flagship store in NYC .  You can do it by mail. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Randomly, this post reminds me of the book, Diary of a Mad Bride.  The main character tries on a pair of wedding shoes a couple of days after she's engaged, but doesn't buy them because it's nine months away and she might find something she likes better.  She spends the entire rest of the book looking for wedding shoes, trying on hundreds of pairs, only to buy that exact same pair two days before the wedding (at the same store).

Save your sanity and buy them now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JEnvie. Show JEnvie's posts

In Response to Re: wedding shoes:
    In Response to wedding shoes : If you like this shoe but want to add a little more character to it, you could have a Louboutin inspired sole added to it, and also have your something blue. I don't know if anyone does this locally, but Shoe Service Plus in Midtown NY (212-262-4823) does it and they are recommended by the Louboutin flagship store in NYC .  You can do it by mail. 
    Posted by dkb6248

i love that

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Tibird - How have you never posted those before?!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EJL1023. Show EJL1023's posts

These are mine. The heel is 2.25 inches--high enough to make me feel sassy, but still very comfortable.  My dress isn't super full, so my toes peek out when I walk, and I love the way it looks when it's little pointy toes peeking out.  The sole is gold, which I thought was kind of fun.  They are Nina and I got them on Zappos.  http://www.zappos.com/nina-paladin-ivory-luster-satin?zfcTest=prodPage2a:0
    www.zappos.com/images/755/7553671/8521-949112-p.jpg" alt="" />

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from augustbride20. Show augustbride20's posts

Trex, LOVE those...where did you get them? I want to wear hot pink heels, but can't wear ANYTHING higher than 1.5 inches. I know I am pathetic. But heels are not my BFF.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Keep looking until you find something you want!  
    On another note, I didn't spend a whole lot on my shoes, and I am glad that I didn't, I had to throw them away they were sooo dirty. I had off white ones and by the time we were done walking around the city/grass etc they were toast.  I actually wish I had done a colored shoe, it would have been much more fun, and great in pictures. I love the bright blue look! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

LOVE the colored sole.

I also adore heels, but I wore flats on my wedding day because DH is only 2 inches taller than me, and it would have been tough to kiss, dance and do all those other thinsg with me towering over him. My flats were blue patent leather, with scalloped spectator details and a velvet bow. They were adorable, I ordered them online (eBay) from Japan for only $30

But, had I gone for heels, I was eyeing something like this:
    http://www.zappos.com/chinese-laundry-ladybug-sequins-navy-silver?zfcTest=prodPage2a:0

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

PK, I LOVE those. 

I haven't had a problem with towering over men since I stopped growing when I was 8.  But, man, I was the tallest girl in third grade for almost a whole day.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

In Response to Re: wedding shoes:
    Trex, LOVE those...where did you get them? I want to wear hot pink heels, but can't wear ANYTHING higher than 1.5 inches. I know I am pathetic. But heels are not my BFF.
    Posted by augustbride20

Peonie:  Shoes to Dye for in Natick!  See my earlier post for the funny dye story... :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonman1. Show bostonman1's posts

Very nice choices ladies... except for the the chubette who got her canvas $5 shoes at Wal-Mart. Really...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

I, too, went to Shoes to Dye For!  The people there are incredible, and I adore my new shoes. 

What do you ladies think?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

VERY cute!!  I love the color and the "triple peep" design (with the little holes on the sides).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

very pretty! I love bows on shoes!

Sections
Shortcuts