What do you think of Kate Middleton's wedding gown?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCFeaturesEditor. Show BDCFeaturesEditor's posts

What do you think of Kate Middleton's wedding gown?

Kate Middleton's wedding gown was designed by Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen. Does it meet your expectations? See photos.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from donnaconnors. Show donnaconnors's posts

Re: What do you think of Kate Middleton's wedding gown?

my first thought was the Julie Andrews dress in the sound of music...and if you view a picture of that one it is truly similar....except she wore solid on top and Kate wore lace...but the basic design is pretty darn close....i think it is perfect for this girl.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Choochoocharlietime. Show Choochoocharlietime's posts

Simple, elegant, and classy... just like Kate.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

I like the dress. It seems simpler than I would have thought and more covered up, but it looks grown-up and classy. I really like the lace top with the long sleeves over the strapless bodice, form-fitting and feminine, but not sexy per se. I'm seeing so many brides in strapless gowns now that I was a little surprised to see her so covered up. But, as a now "public person" and member of the Royal Family I guess she has to control her "look", and how it will play all over the world in different countries and cultures, at all times.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

I think it's a very classic look.  I was a little surprised it wasn't more fashion-forward, as it looks a lot like the gown my mom got married in in the 50's, but it's still nice.  Made me wonder if she was making a connection more to Queen Elizabeth than to Diana -- and also making a bit of a (non)statement that she is (and wants to remain) a "real" person and not a celebrity icon.

It looks to me like her attendants were wearing white -- or is that just a trick of the light?  If so, that is really different.  I have to say that I like color, but perhaps the new princess's favorite color is white.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Watch-Hill. Show Watch-Hill's posts

In Response to Re: What do you think of Kate Middleton's wedding gown?:
    [QUOTE]I think it's a very classic look.  I was a little surprised it wasn't more fashion-forward, as it looks a lot like the gown my mom got married in in the 50's, but it's still nice.  Made me wonder if she was making a connection more to Queen Elizabeth than to Diana -- and also making a bit of a (non)statement that she is (and wants to remain) a "real" person and not a celebrity icon. It looks to me like her attendants were wearing white -- or is that just a trick of the light?  If so, that is really different.  I have to say that I like color, but perhaps the new princess's favorite color is white.
    Posted by EnjoyEverySandwich[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Perfect dress for her. It reminded me of the dress Grace Kelly wore, when she got married to Prince Rainier.
    I loved, that she wore her hair so simple, being herself - not one of those up-do styles - almost every bride wear these days.
    Wishing the couple a long and happy marriage. - Pingo

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from exmilloyfan. Show exmilloyfan's posts

Classic. Elegant. I realize propriety is the word of the day, but it's so nice to see a bride bringing a traditional look back.

Hopefully it will be the end of overly-endowed brides going strapless and falling out of their gowns on the various bride shows carried on HGTV, TLC, et al.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Watch-Hill. Show Watch-Hill's posts

I am not as immersed in this occasion as most, but it is nice to have a news event that is uplifting admidst the wars, poverty, and natural catastrophes of this time.  

I wanted to thank you for your avatar/Warren Zevon "Enjoy Every Sandwich" reference- I am going through a difficult time, and it is inciteful and a personal reminder to keep things in perspective.

PS: Go Boston Demons and Revs! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I think it was fabulous and a lot more Princess Grace than Princess Diana.  I thought she would go more towards the Princess Grace dress.  I loved that she wore her hair down.  She looked simply stunning. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arthurbb. Show Arthurbb's posts

Lovely dress, lovely young woman

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

I just looked through the photos BDC posted, and this one was my favorite:

They both look absolutely ecstatic.  With all the pressure on them leading up to this, they both seemed to have really enjoyed the day and they just seem so happy.  [After my wedding, I think I looked more relieved and exhausted! -- but then I had one of those weddings where everything that could go wrong, did.]

I really am not a royal follower, I just like that these two seem to have gotten married for the right reasons, and seem to have a good perspective on things -- not that they confide in me or anything.  ;)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

In Response to Re: What do you think of Kate Middleton's wedding gown?:
    [QUOTE]I am not as immersed in this occasion as most, but it is nice to have a news event that is uplifting admidst the wars, poverty, and natural catastrophes of this time.   I wanted to thank you for your avatar/Warren Zevon "Enjoy Every Sandwich" reference- I am going through a difficult time, and it is inciteful and a personal reminder to keep things in perspective. PS: Go Boston Demons and Revs! 
    Posted by Watch-Hill[/QUOTE]

I haven't followed the Demons, though I see their first game is tomorrow -- so maybe I should start paying attention to the local version of the game.  :)

I'm sorry to hear about your difficult time.  I confess that I don't follow my own screen name enough myself.  You really have to stop and make yourself think about it consciously, I think -- hard for many of us to just live it all the time without effort.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewfromabove. Show viewfromabove's posts

As someone who's sick of cookie cutter strapless wedding dresses in America (which are also completely gauche for a church ceremony) I first and foremost applaud the appropriateness of Princess Catherine's choice.  The dress is beautiful and regal, flattering and demure.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from golftennisfan. Show golftennisfan's posts

I liked the dress, very different from what I expected.  Would have liked to have seen a little bit more fashion forward.  Agree, great not to see a strapless dress-so tired of this.  Hated the veil, looked like a piece of fabric with the tiara put on top.  The color wasn't a good match to the lace on the sleeves.
    Hated her flowers, lilly of the valley is too small for the overall, would have liked to have seen a little bit larger bouquet.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from paul0. Show paul0's posts

amen. lovely gown, particularly because the style was such that you can look back on the photos someday and not be able to place it as "so 2011".  thank god it was not another strapless puckered cupcake monstrosity.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chatty80. Show Chatty80's posts

I thought the dress was classic, elegant and very telling of Catherine's personality and character.

I did not, however, like the bouquet. I thought it was far too small, she almost looked awkward holding it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from venforknot. Show venforknot's posts

it reminded me too much of Grace Kelly's dress as well. That's not to say it wasn't stunning on her, just not very original. I also tried one on very much like it at VOWS a few months ago. She's a gorgeous girl and she looked gorgeous but I think I expected something very simple and elegant but different from her dress. I love that it wasn't pretentious though.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from charolastra. Show charolastra's posts

Absolutely stunning! Young, fresh and modern, with a nod to past royal brides. Gorgeous! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkel7213. Show dkel7213's posts

I prefer the bikini she's been pictured in

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Am I crazy or did it resemble my dress?  Not the very top, but...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

Nice dress, she seemed to be comfortable in it.  Diana's dress 30 years ago was more fairy tale,  this one is more an adult bride. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

I think I said on another thread today that I never liked Diana's dress, even at the time.  Too poofy.

Catherine's dress looked an awful lot like my mom's -- I'm going to have to pull out some pictures today and do some comparisons!  :)  It really is timeless, though, so I agree that looking back you wouldn't be able to peg it to any particular decade.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from adztheman. Show adztheman's posts

Very elegant and classy..she looked stunning..interesting veil..had not seen that before..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky. Show sparky's posts

Just gorgeous - and yes, the strapless fad has got to go.  Too many women cannot carry that off.  Most are too large up top and so are constantly pulling it up.

Sections
Shortcuts