What shoes with this dress?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

What shoes with this dress?

I bought this dress for my shower in the black and white floral print:
    http://www.express.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=16598&parentCategoryId=2&categoryId=22&subCategoryId=243 

What would you wear for shoes?  I was thinking of maybe an all-black wedge, but I can't seem to find any that I like.  My shower is a relatively casual one taking place at my MOH's house, if that makes a difference.  Thanks!  :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Re: What shoes with this dress?

I like the dress!  I'd wear a colored shoe w/ a dark dress like that just to jazz it up.  Maybe a yellow or red patent strappy sandal?  If you want black wedges, I've seen tons at 9 West and Macys.  9 West had some nice patent and regular leather ones, both in black and in various colors.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trigirl627. Show Trigirl627's posts

How about black espadrilles? I actually found some ADORABLE ones a couple of weeks ago at Payless. I was on my way out and needed shoes at the last minute...

http://www.payless.com/store/product/detail.jsp?productId=64987&lotId=069505

20 bucks!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I totally agree with ALF, as usual. :)  Red would really pop next to that snazzy dress.  However, of course, you can't go wrong with any type of black sandal.  Too cute!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

FYI, the dress that comes up when you click the link is not the pattern I bought.  It's available in 6 colors, and mine is the black and white floral (third one in from the left on those color blocks below the description).  So it's not actually all that dark.

I was thinking about red as a possibility, though.  I have a pair of red patent slingbacks that are super cute, so maybe I'll just go with those!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Sounds great! I'm still trying to find red patent slingbacks for my black and white floral dress.  Where did you get yours?  I'm limited to 2.5 in heels and I need some kind of ankle strap b/c of ankle issues.  :-) 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]Sounds great! I'm still trying to find red patent slingbacks for my black and white floral dress.  Where did you get yours?  I'm limited to 2.5 in heels and I need some kind of ankle strap b/c of ankle issues.  :-) 
    Posted by ALF72[/QUOTE]

ALF, go to www.zappos.com and search on "red slingback" - TONS come up.  I've bought shoes from there based on the fit and comfort ratings, and it's great.  They have a 365 day return policy, and it's totally free to return.  I ordered two pairs of shoes for the wedding and returned one.  No hassle, no charge.

kmt, I looked at the right print, and I bet the slingbacks you have will work great.  I'd save myself the hassle, money, and break-in period and go with those.  But, I do love new shoes...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Alf, I got mine at Macy's probably a year and a half ago, I just very rarely wear them so they look brand new.  They have a peep toe, sling back, about a 4 inch heel.

Do you have a DSW anywhere near you?  I LOVE that place.  I think they have just about every type of shoe you can imagine in there, and pretty decent sales most of the time!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Thanks, ladies. I'll check out both places. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]Alf, I got mine at Macy's probably a year and a half ago, I just very rarely wear them so they look brand new.  They have a peep toe, sling back, about a 4 inch heel. Do you have a DSW anywhere near you?  I LOVE that place.  I think they have just about every type of shoe you can imagine in there, and pretty decent sales most of the time!
    Posted by kmt09[/QUOTE]

4"?  Wow!!  S*XY!!  They'll look great with that dress, and you can dress up extra for your own shower, but you may want to go a little more casual (and comfortable?) than a 4" heel if the shower is casual, and guests will be in jeans.  Just sayin'...since you asked.

DSW does rock, but I can get overwhelmed in there trying to find a specific look.  That's what I like about zappos - you can type in what you want and BOOM, they're all right there.  And they arrive really super fast.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

[QUOTE]4"?  Wow!!  S*XY!!  They'll look great with that dress, and you can dress up extra for your own shower, but you may want to go a little more casual (and comfortable?) than a 4" heel if the shower is casual, and guests will be in jeans.  Just sayin'...since you asked. DSW does rock, but I can get overwhelmed in there trying to find a specific look.  That's what I like about zappos - you can type in what you want and BOOM, they're all right there.  And they arrive really super fast.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

This will probably make most women's feet hurt just reading this, but 4" heels are pretty standard for me!  LOL!  Obviously I stick with flats when I dress casual, but for work and going out 4" heels are about all I own.  I'm 5'5" and my FI is 6'3", so I have no problems wearing heels around him! 

The shoes I bought for my wedding are silver, strappy sandals with 4", pretty thin heels.  Crazy, I know, but I love 'em!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hey, if you're comfy in them, and they look spectacular (duh!), wear them for sure with that dress.  You'll be fabulous!!

(The page won't load so I can't "reply")

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I bought the greatest, most comfortable Guess peep toe/sling backs for my bachelorette party.  They must be at least 3".  I thought for sure my hubby would give me cr ap because I usually buy low heels no matter how often he begs me to buy se xier ones.  I love them so much!  I may be going over to the dark side...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

[QUOTE]I bought the greatest, most comfortable Guess peep toe/sling backs for my bachelorette party.  They must be at least 3".  I thought for sure my hubby would give me cr ap because I usually buy low heels no matter how often he begs me to buy se xier ones.  I love them so much!  I may be going over to the dark side...
    Posted by framerican51008[/QUOTE]

Guess is my favorite shoe designer!  It's crazy how many pairs I have.  My wedding shoes are actually Guess!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Cute dress, by the way!  I agree that a bright color would look awesome if you're up for it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from onecoolchick. Show onecoolchick's posts

Alf,

DSW you can order online.  These are really cute.

http://www.dsw.com/dsw_shoes/catalog/product.jsp?index=62&category=cat20034&prodId=179122&brand=

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Ohhh, OCC, I love those shoes! I may have to make a virtual trip over to DSW to check out what else they have. :-)  Thanks. 

Sections
Shortcuts