Where did you get your veil?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Hi ladies!

I've been looking around online for an inexpensive veil, but I'm not finding anything I really like. I'm looking for a short ivory 1 tier veil with a comb, so I can wear it tucked underneath my updo. I want something simple with no beading or crystals. My dress has a ton of detail on the bodice so I think I need a relatively plain veil.

Any suggestions?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from circles82. Show circles82's posts

I bought mine in the basement of an antique store where it was in a corner behind some old robes. Quite lucky actually. Fingertip with a few pearl beads on the comb.

I recommend Etsy as well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ilovebeagles. Show ilovebeagles's posts

Yeah, I initially wasnt sure I was going to wear a veil. First dress, first dress shop, the lady put the veil on me and I just said - Yes!

I already told my FI I will be wearing around the house all the time!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RN13. Show RN13's posts

Brighton1- can I ask how the prices were at Bridal Finery? Their website has gorgeous and unique photos but I don't want to drive to RI if cost is very high. Thanks!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

I was all gung ho about buying mine on eBay, but then I started trying them on at the bridal shop. I felt that they all 'fell' differently and I originally wanted a 2 tier and ended up hating it and got a one tier.

So I think if you know exactly what you want online is the more economical option! (Oh well for me!)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

I'm having mine made at Bridal Finery in East Greenwich, RI. It was nice being able to try them on, since I ended up not liking what I thought I would.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

Shoes to Dye For. They have a ton of options, and mine was customized for me. Their prices are great too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ilovebeagles. Show ilovebeagles's posts

[Quote]I'm thinking of getting one here:
    Etsy.com - BellaBridalVeils[/Quote]

Fra, I just ordered mine from BellaBridals yesterday!! I will report back when I get it, if you like!

(I feel like I am saying this all over the place, reporting on karaoke and now a veil!)

I ordered a cascading, 36 inch, plain edge, single layer veil.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

I got mine from Delicate Spirits on Ebay, they have a whole store on there. They use bridal tulle, and it's good quality. Although, you have to steam the heck out of it because it gets wrinkled during shipping. But for the price, it's totally worth it.
    Mine was $40 for a two tier (cathedral and elbow length), diamond white with a satin edge.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I'm thinking of getting one here:
    Etsy.com - BellaBridalVeils

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[Quote]

Dont worry Ams, I got bamboozled into a ridiculously expensive hair accessory the same way! I fell in love with it and didnt even ask the price until I was rung up at the register. My mom and sister both loved it too, and we had a good laugh about it later, my $$$$$ hair flower.

I wont even tell you the price, I am so embarased. I made up for it by saving so much on the veil![/Quote]

beags, dont' be embarassed! It's totally cool, I think, to splurge on something that gives us that extra undefinable "it" - that pure enjoyment of just having what you really want - once in awhile for a special occassion. Sounds like your $$$$$ flower was totally worth every $!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

I was tempted to do a 3 tier, the only reason I didn't was that my short hairstyle was going to have enough trouble supporting 2 tiers.
    I love all those layers of tulle, it looks so ethereal.

[Quote]I totally screwed up and got not one but three veils from David's bridal. The only complaint from there so far...they put all the stuff on you and it just looks so good your brain stops working. Oh well. Yes I will be wearing 3 veils.
    (if this gets deleted I'm going to seriously be PO'd)[/Quote]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

I was very happy with wedding-veil.com I got both my tiara and my veil from them. They sent a sample of veil fabric so I could match it to my dress. I did return my first tiara to them (it was smaller than I anticipated, it was a user error not the fault of the site) and they were easy to work with. I returned it and they sent out my newly ordered one.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

I totally screwed up and got not one but three veils from David's bridal. The only complaint from there so far...they put all the stuff on you and it just looks so good your brain stops working. Oh well. Yes I will be wearing 3 veils.
    (if this gets deleted I'm going to seriously be PO'd)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ilovebeagles. Show ilovebeagles's posts

[Quote]I totally screwed up and got not one but three veils from David's bridal. The only complaint from there so far...they put all the stuff on you and it just looks so good your brain stops working. Oh well. Yes I will be wearing 3 veils.
    (if this gets deleted I'm going to seriously be PO'd)[/Quote]

Dont worry Ams, I got bamboozled into a ridiculously expensive hair accessory the same way! I fell in love with it and didnt even ask the price until I was rung up at the register. My mom and sister both loved it too, and we had a good laugh about it later, my $$$$$ hair flower.

I wont even tell you the price, I am so embarased. I made up for it by saving so much on the veil!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticchick. Show celticchick's posts

I'm thinking of getting one here:
    Etsy.com - BellaBridalVeils
    That's where I got mine. I've already tried it on WAY too many times...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ilovebeagles. Show ilovebeagles's posts

aww such sweet posts Kar! Thanks so much!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Thanks Beagle! Let me know how you like it. I have no clue what will look good with my dress, so I'm hesitant to order online. I better hurry up though!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

I don't think there'a rule of thumb to safely go by here, you just have to try on veils to see what looks right. Not all off whites are the same, so what looks fine with one can look odd with another.
    Go to a local place and try veils on. You'll get a good enough idea of what works and then can buy from online or wherever you wish. :)

[Quote]hijack again.. what about the color of the veil. I have an off white dress. One one website the only options are white or ivory. I was reading up about it and one place said to go a shade lighter vs. a shade darker than your dress. Does that mean that I should stay with white because ivory would be too dark/yellowish?[/Quote]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

[Quote]hijack again.. what about the color of the veil. I have an off white dress. One one website the only options are white or ivory. I was reading up about it and one place said to go a shade lighter vs. a shade darker than your dress. Does that mean that I should stay with white because ivory would be too dark/yellowish?[/Quote]

I haven't used veilshop.com, but other brides have reviewed it on here. They have a TON of color options and will send you a page of swatches for free. I got one back in the day.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

You can use the shorter tier as a blusher, if you want. I wore both of my tiers back for the ceremony. The longer tier was detachable, and I took it off for the reception.

[Quote]did anyone use the bellabridals? i want one for the ceremony and pics but will take it out for the reception...i feel like it will annoy me the whole night.

i'm thinking about getting the ivory two tiered one. i know this sounds like a silly question but is the second/shorter tier the one you use as a blusher? this whole veil thing is totally confusing me...[/Quote]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

[Quote]

Fra, I just ordered mine from BellaBridals yesterday!! I will report back when I get it, if you like!

(I feel like I am saying this all over the place, reporting on karaoke and now a veil!)

I ordered a cascading, 36 inch, plain edge, single layer veil.[/Quote]

I have an all lace dress and i wanted a mantilla veil, i thought i would be too much lace but it actually looked nice when i tried one on. I wish my dress had a little sparkle to it...and i found a veil on bellabridal with a crystal beaded edge. Do you all think that would look okay with a lace dress or should i stick with lace t match the dress?? Decisions, decisions!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ilovebeagles. Show ilovebeagles's posts

Thanks. I am only wearing the veil for the ceremony and a few pics, a very light pendant necklace, stud earrings, no bracelets. So the $$$ flower is really my "it" piece.
    I love it, dont regret buying it, but really wish it hadnt been so darn expensive!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from preserves. Show preserves's posts

did anyone use the bellabridals? i want one for the ceremony and pics but will take it out for the reception...i feel like it will annoy me the whole night.

i'm thinking about getting the ivory two tiered one. i know this sounds like a silly question but is the second/shorter tier the one you use as a blusher? this whole veil thing is totally confusing me...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

So true Kar! That's what I tell myself every time I buy a new pair of shoes :o)

Sections
Shortcuts