Yolanda's Dress Sale

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrsP. Show MrsP's posts

Yolanda's Dress Sale

Did you see Yolanda is advertising a one-day dress sale this Friday,May 15th?   I guess it is her answer to FB's Running of the Brides.   I bought my dress there and still picture my mother crying when I walked out of the dressing room suite.  My dress was pricey (worth every penny) but it sounds like she is going to have some great deals.   And boston.com is running a promotion to get you at the front of the line:  http://www.boston.com/thingstodo/contests/yolanda_200905/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Re: Yolanda's Dress Sale

and if you think Yolanda's is fun, you might also enjoy sticking hot needles in your eyes or having a root canal.

LOL!!  (The 411 on Yolanda's has not been very positive for most brides -- except for those with unlimited funds!  A friend's DIL got her dress there -- it was a nightmare and they charged her $700 for alterations!)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shane217. Show Shane217's posts

I just bought my dress at Yolanda's and have had nothing but good experiences with them. I was hesitant to go with all the negative reviews and having a smaller budget. I went to several dress shops and never felt like I found the one. The person who helped me at Yolanda's, Christina, was very knowledgable. I was upfront about my smaller budget and she absolutely stayed within it, and never once commented on it. When she brought out a dress that was more expensive, she was honest about it and gave me the choice of trying it on or immediately putting it back. She also took all the little details of "I like this, don't like that" and was able to find me my perfect dress. She had tons of patience with me as I hemmed and hawed and I am very glad I went there.

I'd say to anyone thinking about going there, it's worth a shot. If you don't find a dress, what's the worst that could happen, you waste an hour or two there? I went to about 6 shops in total and didn't regret any even if I didn't have a good time at some, because at least it helped me narrow down my search. The dresses did seem to start at 1000, but I found one for that much and it ended up being perfect. You never know...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jenwindy. Show jenwindy's posts

I definitely don't have an unlimited budget, but I went to the Yolanda's Sample gown sale and found my dress! It was less than 1K, and originally over 3K. I walked out happy. No complaints about the service at all. I pretty much knew what I wanted since I'm a multiple-dress bride!!

Sections
Shortcuts