Yolanda's is Closing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nbsbride1109. Show nbsbride1109's posts

Yolanda's is Closing

If anyone was planning to go, now is the time. The article said their closing sale starts next week with 50-75% off

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Yolanda's is Closing

Wow, finally!  From what I've read here they never should have BEEN in business!!  I guess business with poor customer service can't survive in this economy - survival of the fittest.

I hope people get fabulous, dirt cheap deals!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Wait, my friend just bought her dress there....what does that mean for her?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shane217. Show Shane217's posts

My mom just called to ask about my gown, which is due in the Fall. They told her it would be shipped to a local bridal store and that the phone number for Yolanda's would also be open for about a year. So if your friend has any questions or concerns, to call them directly.

The salespeople were wonderful when I went to buy my gown and I had a very low budget as well. I suggest that anyone who is looking, to check out the sales. I am sure you can find a really beautiful dress for quite a bit off with the sale.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrideMeaghan. Show BrideMeaghan's posts

Wow, I can't believe it either.  My mom bought her gown there when she was engaged and that was like, 30 years ago.  All good things must come to an end I guess...the article said that the owner was in her 70's.

I might check out the gown sale since I work nearby there.

In Response to Yolanda's is Closing:
    [QUOTE]If anyone was planning to go, now is the time. The article said their closing sale starts next week with 50-75% off
    Posted by nbsbride1109[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

I will admit I did not have a good experience there, but that place has been around FOR-EVER. Just saw it on the news...and wow Yolanda is quite weathered...lol.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Maybe she's been out of the nitty gritty of the shop for awhile - from the stories I've heard since 2005 on here they essentially are a headache brides just don't need.  Her being in her 70s makes me wonder if it was a fabulous shop "back in her day."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodie. Show woodie's posts

I think I'd be a little weathered after 40 years of dealing with brides too. 8)  Yolandas had a reputation of being snooty even 25 years ago when friends of mine were getting married.  The dress shopping experience should be joyful and fun.  Why walk into a shop where you're going to get an attitude?  Perhaps  Yolanda's closing will give other shops (who have a good rep) some more business.
    - Kath

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Family say they miss her, and want her around more...but I think she wants to sell why it's hot and make the big bucks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from november2009. Show november2009's posts

I had a decent experience there when I bought a bridesmaid's dress.  In this economy I do not like to see any business go under since it means the employees are going to lose their jobs and this is an awful time to be looking for employment.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Yolanda said on the news she found jobs for all of her employees.