2nd wedding - registry?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Re: 2nd wedding - registry?

[QUOTE]movie boards are manly? He must be pumped up about the new Harry Potter.
    Posted by dougas[/QUOTE]

Yes, you're right!  He actually went to the midnight showing fully dressed in his Harry Potter outfit!  Did you see him there?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

In Response to Re: 2nd wedding - registry?:
    [QUOTE]You clearly know nothing about the true value of relationships.... Oh yes, I should put my foot down, dougas....let me go get the rolling pin so I can shake it at my boyfriend and say "YOU MUST PROPOSE!" PUH-LEASE....
    Posted by Peonie[/QUOTE]

LOL! I just pictured the disgruntled woman chasing the pirate around with the rolling pin on the Pirates of Caribbean Ride at Disney!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Ah, it is all so clear now! The comments of an anonymous poster who doesn't know me or my man has shed valuable insight into our relationship! How could i be so blind? Fie, for I am fortune's fool!
    And now you tell me that because I do not like Harry Potter, I am manly! Oh, woe is me!

[QUOTE]movie boards are manly? He must be pumped up about the new Harry Potter.
    Posted by dougas[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougas. Show dougas's posts

So no one has a breaking point? You could live together for 3, 5, 9 or 11 years and that would be no problem. Instead of ripping into me, can someone answer.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cherrywebb. Show cherrywebb's posts

I just saw this post and not to change the topic, (or actually maye to change it something more pleasant!)  but it made me think of my forty year old cousin from the trashy side of the family. She recently got married for the 4th time. Note that the last marriage was less than 3 years ago. Anyway, the reception was held in a tiny dive bar with not even enough room for all the guests and they served chicken wings only. Otherwise, guests had to buy their own food and beer. Totally tacky and yes they registered for super expensive stuff. To me... that is disgusting.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

[QUOTE]but where do you draw the line? As it is people register for their brithdays and for Christmas! I know people want to give gifts and appreciate suggestions, and Lord knows we all need things, but where does it end? In Response to Re: 2nd wedding - registry? :
    Posted by pinkkittie27[/QUOTE]

I disagree with birthday and Christmas registries.  I am actually turned off by huge wedding registries as well as alternative registries such as down payment or honeymoon registries. 

I was responding as if a registry was a given for folks getting married, as I gather it is. 

Forget the registry and ask, is it acceptable to have a shower?  Then my response makes more sense.  Yes, because your friends want to give you one. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

dougas, of course people have a breaking point, but very rarely does it get to that. You harass people for living with someone for 2 years! Pathetic!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

Dougas, now how about you answer the question we have asked you again and again.  How long have you lived with your woman (and yes, by woman I mean the blow up doll...or the rabbit fur, either one)?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

[QUOTE]Dougas, now how about you answer the question we have asked you again and again.  How long have you lived with your woman (and yes, by woman I mean the blow up doll...or the rabbit fur, either one)?
    Posted by dkb6248[/QUOTE]

Or your man?  I mean, you never know...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

dkb...seriously...you crack me up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

[QUOTE]Or your man?  I mean, you never know...
    Posted by kmt09[/QUOTE]

Touché

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Yes, I suppose that does make sense. After all, a bride only has so much power in turning down a shower.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2nd wedding - registry? : Forget the registry and ask, is it acceptable to have a shower?  Then my response makes more sense.  Yes, because your friends want to give you one. 
    Posted by downtoearth[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

[QUOTE]dkb...seriously...you crack me up.
    Posted by Sept2010Bride[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the nightmares tonight, Liz! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougas. Show dougas's posts

Honestly, I do not know what you mean by the rabbit fur. I have been with her since high school, on and off during college and we continued after college and married 2 years later. We talked about moving in because as a guy, it is a great deal but her family said no way. I would like to thank everyone for not answering my questions.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

[QUOTE]Honestly, I do not know what you mean by the rabbit fur. I have been with her since high school, on and off during college and we continued after college and married 2 years later. We talked about moving in because as a guy, it is a great deal but her family said no way. I would like to thank everyone for not answering my questions.  
    Posted by dougas[/QUOTE]

So, what exactly are you trying to prove or get to by being on these wedding boards harassing us?  Why the negativity, bitterness, cynicism?  What are you getting from posting all your negative comments, and trying to rile all of us up?  Some type of weird satisfaction that you somehow have an effect on us?  I think that's really weird.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

[QUOTE]dkb...seriously...you crack me up.
    Posted by Sept2010Bride[/QUOTE]

LOL! 

It will be even more funny if this thread suddenly disappears.  He can only take so much before he goes crying to the BDC police.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougas. Show dougas's posts

It's not negativity etc., its just a different point of view that you people aren't used to seeing here. All of you are just used to patting each other on the back for any decision. Obviously, anyone that disagrees with you is wrong.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I would like to thank you for minding your own business and not trying to meddle with other people's lives... oh wait... you haven't done those things.

[QUOTE]I would like to thank everyone for not answering my questions.  
    Posted by dougas[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

You still haven't answered my question about why Goodness' situation intrigues you so much.  Does the wife know that you come on here daily to post something to her?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

so, the point of view that some of the ladies here are being taken for a ride by their boyfriends who won't buy the cow is one that we should accept, condone and foster?
    And please explain this to me: how casting judgement on the living situation of others in the way you have isn't negative? You've done nothing but insinuate that some of the posters here are fools and naive.

[QUOTE]It's not negativity etc., its just a different point of view that you people aren't used to seeing here. All of you are just used to patting each other on the back for any decision. Obviously, anyone that disagrees with you is wrong.
    Posted by dougas[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Obviously, you haven't been reading all the posts that closely.  Yes, for the most part, we are very cordial to one another, but there have been times where certain posters have had MANY conflicting opinions, etc.  But, that's after the posts have gone back and forth.  No other poster, to my knowledge, has come onto the boards specifically trying to hurt other poster.  There have been a few times where I've noticed this, and it's been from you, and calmdown (one in the same, perhaps). 

You make negative comments, and jab at people.  That's not really something that's going to be forgotten, unfortunately for you.  Trust me, I would not sit back and read your posts and see them from a different side.  I will always remember you as a negative poster who has been outwardly rude and cynical and mean. 

Maybe some of the other posters will, but I certainly will not.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

[QUOTE]It's not negativity etc., its just a different point of view that you people aren't used to seeing here. All of you are just used to patting each other on the back for any decision. Obviously, anyone that disagrees with you is wrong.
    Posted by dougas[/QUOTE]

Seriously, have you read ANY of the threads on these boards?  Women battle on here all the time about everything!  From shower etiquette, to bridesmaids dresses, to save the dates...people do NOT agree.  But, for the most part, they know how to disagree respectfully.  That's something you need to work on before you can get any respect from anyone here.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

[QUOTE]Honestly, I do not know what you mean by the rabbit fur. I have been with her since high school, on and off during college and we continued after college and married 2 years later. We talked about moving in because as a guy, it is a great deal but her family said no way. I would like to thank everyone for not answering my questions.  
    Posted by dougas[/QUOTE]

Wow, durable.  I guess they don't make plastic dolls like they used to.  I bet you've had to patch her up a few times, but I guess that's why they make vinal patches.

Does anyone watch family guy?  You know that episode where Joe is yelling at the blow up dolls for looking "surprised"?  This is what I pictured Doug doing when her "family" said no way to moving in.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2nd wedding - registry? : Wow, durable.  I guess they don't make plastic dolls like they used to.  I bet you've had to patch her up a few times, but I guess that's why they make vinal patches. Does anyone watch family guy?  You know that episode where Joe is yelling at the blow up dolls for looking "surprised"?  This is what I pictured Doug doing when her "family" said no way to moving in.
    Posted by dkb6248[/QUOTE]

Yep, it's official, you are FREAKING AWESOME. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougas. Show dougas's posts

Let's all go back to my statement that three years is too long. That is not mean or negative. But it threw everyone into a hissy hen. They know I am right.