A little OT - Boudoir Photo Shoot

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

A little OT - Boudoir Photo Shoot

Hey guys,

Those of you that did a boudoir shoot for your hubbie for the grooms gift or for christmas, anniversary, whatever..  do you have any suggestions of cute shots, items you used, etc for pictures? Have one in a couple weeks and trying to come up with ideas for outfits.. his shirt, sports shirt, boy shorts and bride tank top, etc..  just curious if you have any cute ideas that worked for you and thought they looked great in pics.

Thanks!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Re: A little OT - Boudoir Photo Shoot

Hey Jan2010!  I'm WAY too shy to even consider this, but I know a lot of girls on the knot's boston wedding board have done it.  You might want to ask this question over there.  Have fun!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

I haven't checked that out.. I might have to.  thanks Trex.  Yes, some may laugh.. I thought it was a great idea and something unique and different but each person is their own person and knows what their husband may like and what they are comfortable with.  Believe me, I think I'm too shy for it too but I think it will be ok, all depending your comfort level with your photographer.  It's probably the one and only time I'll do this and why not have it for him.. in an album so he can look whenever he wants.  It's a popular thing these days and I've seen others reviews on here for their photographer they used so that's why I posed the question.  I have the photographer just not all the ideas yet and figured the anonymous way to pose the question is better than to my friends/family who I don't need to know I'm doing it... 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Honestly, I would think your FI would prefer to take the photos w/ you posing for him, rather than getting professionally done ones.  My DH woudn't be into it either way, which is too bad b/c I wouldn't mind posing for him.  lol. 

I would think that his shirt would work, as would a teddy and boy shorts. Nothing too trampy/Fredericks of Hollywood for the photos, even if your guy likes that stuff in the bedroom. I would think that the idea of you posing for another person in that get up would sort of take the shine off that apple, you know?  Something that gives a glimpse of cleavage always works.  Skip anything empire style - to women it says 'super cute' while to men it screams "pregnancy".  The bride tank top is NOT going to appeal to him.  It's along the same lines as the empire style - women think this is super cute and go 'awww', but men are like 'great, another piece of wedding paraphenalia'.  Show your waist and curves and make sure your smile reaches your eyes.  

But really, poll him first to see if he's game to play photographer.  ;-) 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

It is a female photographer.  

Thanks Alf, those are some good points, especially about the bride tank top and empire waist items, I hadn't thought of that.  Another idea was golf idea.. boy shorts, bra top, golf club, golf hat, and golf club..  I'm not comfortable in the fredericks of hollywood type shots either.. more just showing just a bit, and then wondering (or I guess knowing) what is under there..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

In Response to Re: A little OT - Boudoir Photo Shoot:
    [QUOTE]Save yourself the divorce expenses by hiring a female photographer.
    Posted by cosmogirl[/QUOTE]

Was that really necessary cosmo?

Jan-i agree with everything Alf said. You know your FI better than any of us so make sure you are comfortable with the shoot first. Also, i know there are some photographers that do all day shoot with a group of women. Perhaps if you say other brides being comfortable in front of the camera like this, that may help ease your mind.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

Northern lights.. thanks.  I'm actually doing it with a group of 4 girls, a 3 hour late afternoon thing.  two friends of mine, one of their friends..  two anniversary, one christmas present, and one wedding groom gift (me).  we figured in a group we'd get more comfortable too plus one of them has done it before which is nice to know, and she also did it in a group before too, she said everyone was nervous at first, then it was like a bunch running around in their swimsuits laughing (and it's less expensive).  We are all helping each other out with ideas but I figured i'd ask here too for those that may have done it.  Others are researching around too. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mezzogal1124. Show mezzogal1124's posts

I've seen some examples of the boudoir photography genre before and the best shots are, in my opinion, the ones that focus on being artistic rather than "sexy."  I would say to just keep the clothing/lingerie as classy, simple and timeless as possible.  Posing in one of his dress shirts (with a hot bra underneath) is a great idea.  The golf outfit sounds interesting, but I'd make sure it didn't turn "cutesy" with the golf club prop.  Same with the sports shirt - for some reason I personally dislike seeing logos in professional pictures (unless, of course, one is a professional athlete) as I feel it cheapens the shot - but that's just my opinion.  How about wearing your bridal veil with some beautiful lingerie...or just the veil, in an artful pose?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Cosmo, stop being a total b*tch.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

Like people have said.. everyone knows their future husband better than you do and each person is different with what they want...  I was asking a question.  If you don't think it's something you would ever do, then simply don't comment.  I don't comment to everyone's post.  If I feel I can offer any advice then I do, If I can't, then I don't.  You simply didn't offer anything here but making someone feel stupid or like they are far too into themselves which I definitely am not.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

and please don't change your post - what you said is said... it was already done and said and the few that saw it, saw it, why change your post.. like you said, it's a free country.  I don't care if you think I'll need a divorce lawyer at some point because I'm choosing to do a boudoir shoot; it only matters what I think and know. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Guys, chill!

For the record, I have to disagree w/ you, cosmo.  You are neither fat nor ugly.  And you are as much fun in person as you are on here.  :-)

Everyone take a deep breath and move on!  I still think the OPs FI would enjoy taking the photos more than he would getting professional shots done [even though I'm sure they will be lovely and that he'll enjoy them].  But ladies, a boudoir photo shoot w/ your FI/DH can only end one way, and what guy isn't going to be on board with that?!  lol. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

thank you mezzogal.. exactly what I was thinking and I love your last idea!  I like the much more candid and artistic photos as well.  Honestly I have no idea what to expect or what it will come out like.. I'm just hoping for 15 decent shots in an album he can look at whenever he wants...  :-)  My friend said her husband was shocked, surprised, and loved it..  thinking she would never do something like this and that is what I think my fiance might think as well.  I'm pretty excited about it actually.. as much body conscious as I am...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Ditto what Trex said - though I do recall a recent review that mentioned boudoir photos, it hasn't been mentioned on here much so the knot might be more helpful.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

cos was just being sarcastic, I'm sure, ladies.