Aunt Beth, are you still with us?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

Very funny.

I guess since invitations are no longer formal, the formal rules may not apply. Foldover invitations, and those on rice paper or other informal stock or those with doves, or flowers or other pictures on the front wouldn't fall under the formal invitation guidelines. So I decided to relax.

I do see others saying, 'my invitations are formal, but I didn't follow the guidelines anyway.' And I think, that's ok, I've already responded and I'm right and you still get to do whatever you want to.

To me, using informal address techniques on a formal invitation is like wearing flip flops with a ball gown. Incorrect accessories! (Of course there are those who think that's ok too!)

P.S. plus, I was hoping MissLily would chime in and back me up!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ash. Show ash's posts

Congrats, MissLil. SO glad all is going well for you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

wonderful news!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cracker1. Show cracker1's posts

[Quote]Sorry - I've been busy at work (imagine that!) today and didn't see the post.
    Besides I've been playing on the parent boards. I had my 18 week ultrasound yesterday - we're having a boy AND a girl! :)
    I would have been thrilled no matter what the tech told us - but deep down I REALLY wanted one of each. :)[/Quote]
    That is wonderful! Best wishes to you!
    Meg 10/31/08 red dress

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ash. Show ash's posts

Aunt Beth, I was just reading the recent posts on labels and informal address on envelopes and wanted to make sure you were still conscious. I know what a stickler you are for the formal invitation.

P.S. No insult intended to any bride who has used labels and informal address. But when people ask for advice, you go with what you know
    :-)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

Sorry - I've been busy at work (imagine that!) today and didn't see the post.
    Besides I've been playing on the parent boards. I had my 18 week ultrasound yesterday - we're having a boy AND a girl! :)
    I would have been thrilled no matter what the tech told us - but deep down I REALLY wanted one of each. :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

[Quote]Sorry - I've been busy at work (imagine that!) today and didn't see the post.
    I would have been thrilled no matter what the tech told us - but deep down I REALLY wanted one of each. :)[/Quote]

that is so exciting! :-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

that's just perfect. The world is built for a family of four with one boy and one girl!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

Congratulations missLily!! That's so exciting!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheLongestTime. Show TheLongestTime's posts

oh Congrats, that is awesome!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

Thanks everyone for the good wishes.
    HelpHelp - there are a few reasons for the higher rate of multiple births.
    Women are having babies later in life and as they get older they are more likely to release more than one egg during a cycle.
    Women are trying to have babies at an older age and have to resort to fertility treatments in order to conceive.

To be quite honest I couldn't be happier!
    And I'll be sure to hand write the birth announcement envelopes. You know I wouldn't have it any other way! :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WMegs5. Show WMegs5's posts

Congrats what great news!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ilovebeagles. Show ilovebeagles's posts

As a boy/girl twin myself, I must say congratulations and try not to stress! My mom and dad had ZERO experience with babies, children, or animals when my brother and I were born.

We are now late 20s and alive and well!

(pssttt boy/girl twins are the best!)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

WOW! Congratulations!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from helphelpImbeingrepressed. Show helphelpImbeingrepressed's posts

Does no one have one kid at a time anymore? Are single births out of fashion?

(grats, btw!)

Sections
Shortcuts