AuntBeth calling Kargiver AuntBeth calling Cosmogirl

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

AuntBeth calling Kargiver AuntBeth calling Cosmogirl

Can't figure out why the boards reverted to one of my old names, but it's me, downtoearth, AuntBeth, AuntThelma.... whatever.

Kar - saw your post.  funny how you remembered - you must be doing your own kitchen!  Love the new counters and new glass top stove.  Kitchen looks bigger and cleaner.

Warning - white counters show EVERYTHING!!  There is a reason most people get mottled brown and grey! 

Cosmo - I sent you an email.  Are you working in the neighborhood?  It's summer - we could do a Fanueil Hall lunch!!

All - I went cold turkey on the boards when they 'improved' them again in the spring.  good decision I see - they are slow as anything and I can't figure out how to update my name....but, hello, be nice to each other, be polite to everyone and enjoy your Summer.

Auntie

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Re: AuntBeth calling Kargiver AuntBeth calling Cosmogirl

Hey Auntie :o) 
    Last we heard, Cos was out of work, unfortunately.  But she does check in on us once in a while!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

hey auntie, good to hear from you. These boards are a much improvement from last time. we can actually see our posts right after they are written! Hope all is well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

I'm here!!!  What a coincidence....I was just going to send you an email to tell you that I finally did get that job that I interviewed for 3 months ago, starting Monday!  Yay!   Sorry I've been so bad at keeping in touch.  Just got back from vacation @ the Cape.  We had the best weather of the whole summer so far! 

So, our actual meeting is only days away.  Can't wait!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hey, AB, glad you are thrilled with your choices.  We aren't doing our kitchen, but I have a passion for anything related.  It's not a bad thing that white shows everything.  It's hard to get something mottled clean at all.

I'm finding the boards to be much improved.  Stick around - we missed you!!

~kar

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

Oh goodie - Cos - Great news on the job!!!
    Can't wait to meet you at Salty Dog!! 
    Kar, still think the boards are slow and tired of being told I'm old fashioned.  But I will still check in once in awhile.  :)

Took Monday off just to enjoy Summer.  It sure was late getting here!!

Hello everyone!  Remember - Polite is Right!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

congrats cosmo!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

In Response to Re: AuntBeth calling Kargiver AuntBeth calling Cosmogirl:
    [QUOTE]I'm here!!!  What a coincidence....I was just going to send you an email to tell you that I finally did get that job that I interviewed for 3 months ago, starting Monday!  Yay!   Sorry I've been so bad at keeping in touch.  Just got back from vacation @ the Cape.  We had the best weather of the whole summer so far!  So, our actual meeting is only days away.  Can't wait!!!!
    Posted by cosmogirl[/QUOTE]

Terrific news about the job.  Your field, or something new?  And where?  Is hubby getting any work, even short term?
    Sometimes it is hard to properly celebrate getting a new job while sharing with someone still waiting.
    Hope everything is coming up...hydrangeas from here on out!  Love, Wag

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

woohoo! That's awsome Cosmo, congrats!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Congrats Cosmo!  Also, glad you got to vaca down the Cape before the new job starts :o)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

YAY, cos!!!  Congrats!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Thanks you guys!  Yes, it's my regular field, in downtown Boston.  DH is also gainfully employed, too, so we seem to have weathered the storm.

I'm grateful to have the job, but can I just take a second to whine about having to commute into Boston.  WWWAAAHHHHH!!!!!  OK, thanks!

AuntBeth, I'll send you an email as soon as I get settled in and we can plan our VERY long-awaited meeting! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Of course you can scream - communting to Boston every day s*cks no matter how happy you are to have jobs!!!