1. You have chosen to ignore posts from somethingold. Show somethingold's posts

Really haven't worked much with avatars before, but have noticed that they make it much easier to remember who is who and what they typically react like.  It also helps skipping people if you don't feel much like hearing from them on one subject if they seem to be beleaguering it.  And I love some of your creative choices...as I mentioned before my favorite is the guinea pig...that is one cozy looking pig and I like the Poker Cake - could have used it for an event once.  Where did it come from, was that your wedding cake?
    So the Good Friday Poll is twofold-
    what would be your ideal avatar that best represents you
    what is the best part about havign avatars on this site.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Re: Avatars - Polls

Thanks, something! This little guy is like my child :)

I think the avatars make it easier to remember who's who and gives a little snapshot of their personality.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

[QUOTE]what would be your ideal avatar that best represents you what is the best part about havign avatars on this site.
    Posted by somethingold[/QUOTE]

My avatar is a picture of Lucy, so... this is it.  :)  Well, OK, to those of you who aren't Broadway freaks - it is a picture of Linda Eder, as Lucy, in Jekyll & Hyde, circa 1997.  There is no other picture I could have used.

I think the best part is that it shows you a different side of people's personalities.  For example, I had no idea that so many people liked pigs!  And I didn't know WPP had one. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

Mine is because I love penguins and anyone who knows me, knows that about me :-). I think i have 10-15 of them in my living room and 3 more in our bedroom.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hi Northern - you "stole" mine - of course I am just kidding!!!  But I was indeed trying to find a proper penguin for mine - Pingo? Make sense? My nom is also because I just love penguins. In fact I have a piquing named after me at the Boston Aquarium. At least that is what they told me Pay money, we will name a penguin after you. Yeah - right! 
    Well, I am looking into some other possibilities. 
    Enjoy your avatar - it is lovely. - Pingo

Btw - where are you from originally?

[QUOTE]Mine is because I love penguins and anyone who knows me, knows that about me :-). I think i have 10-15 of them in my living room and 3 more in our bedroom.
    Posted by NorthernLghts[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Mine's my bridal bouquet.  I thought of having my wedding set, but thought it too gauche (no offense to anyone's whose is).

The best part for me is being able to find my own posts more easily so that I can see if anyone responded directly to me afterwards.  Posters stand out; it's nice.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

Mine is from my trip to Jamaica last year.  Those are my feet on the left :-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Mine's Kuromi by Sanrio, the Hello Kitty people. She's always up to mischeif, but she's not evil. Plus, I like the little pink skull on her jester hat. I buy so many things just because they have skulls on them. If I was a cartoon character, I'd be her.
    I was going to have a picture of a pink cat, but that would be too literal.

I like the avatars because you cal tell posters apart at a glance.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

Born and raised here in massachusetts :-)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Happy Easter!

The poker cake is just a picture I took from our bakery's website, Damicis. BUT we are going to do a poker-themed cake for the rehearsal dinner. :-)

My avatars will probably change a lot...I get bored easily. Or maybe I have multiple personalities. :-)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenclown. Show greenclown's posts

Mine is my wedding bouquet.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

I love dogs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Duh.  I finally figured out how to do add a photo.  Tongue out  It's my cat, Charlie.  :-) 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodie. Show woodie's posts

Mine is a pic of the only flowers we've gotten from the 6 hydrangea bushes we planted in the backyard. One perfect bloom. I figured I better take a picture of it, in case we never get another bloom. Laughing

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Mine is a pic of the only flowers we've gotten from the 6 hydrangea bushes we planted in the backyard. One perfect bloom. I figured I better take a picture of it, in case we never get another bloom.
    Posted by woodie

Hi Woodie, we had the same problem with our Hydrangeas. Only one single flower, but it was gorgeous.
    Then I found out, that Hydrangeas only bloom on old wood - and I had cut mine down pretty well. Last fall I let them be, so I am hoping for better results this year. I already see buds. Just crossing my fingers - P

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Mine is a pic from our trip to France... at least I think that is what I changed it to... we'll see when I hit send on this!

Greenclown - your bouquet is gorgeous!

Kargiver - what do you mean your wedding set?  (P.S.  Your bouquet is beautiful too, I just love the berries in Greenclown's :o)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Mine is the view from the Museum of Science :)  88 days!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenclown. Show greenclown's posts

Mine is a pic from our trip to France... at least I think that is what I changed it to... we'll see when I hit send on this! Greenclown - your bouquet is gorgeous! Kargiver - what do you mean your wedding set?  (P.S.  Your bouquet is beautiful too, I just love the berries in Greenclown's :o)
    Posted by framerican51008

Thank you!  My florist rocked.  :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fruitsalad. Show fruitsalad's posts

I just like fruit salad....

LOL.... Sorry.  This is my first post and I thought this would be a good thread to figure out how.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

[QUOTE]I just like fruit salad.... LOL.... Sorry.  This is my first post and I thought this would be a good thread to figure out how.
    Posted by fruitsalad[/QUOTE]

No problem - now find a picture of fruit salad.  :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

I am a craft making person and find I use buttons a lot and purple.  I was going to go with a penguin but it was taken! The Horrors! (note that is said with sarcasm) :)  I might change mine up from time to time depends if it is worth the effort or not.

And Fruit Salad grab an image from Google Images here is the result string for "fruit salad" it made me hungry.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from June08bride. Show June08bride's posts

mine is my cat-Louie!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

aparently penguins are very popular :-)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I very much like the avatars.  A few of the photographs people have used do not translate well, IMNSHO, to the small format, and I find them hard to see.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

you ladies have some seriously cute kitty cats!