1. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Re: Avatars - Polls

I was so excited when we drove by an Indian restaurant in Wakefield because I have never been... Then I noticed it was closed.  What a bummer!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from helphelpImbeingrepressed. Show helphelpImbeingrepressed's posts

Right, it was Wakefield, not Winchester. I'm bad with same letter towns. Can't keep Malden, Medford or Melrose straight either.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Even worse!  Now I find out it was a good restaurant!  :o)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

The general discussion may have been about fast food, but I was responding to lucy, who said if she wanted decent Mexican food she had to make it at home.  I suggested Casa Romero to her for Mexican food, or at least that was my intention.  I didn't get the impression that she was talking about burritos when she was lamenting the lack of decent Mexican food in Boston.  Now, if you want good cannolis you have to go to Maria's - which is a bread shop in the North End. They'll fill them while you wait.  It doesn't get any fresher than that!
    Posted by ALF72

I was actually referring both to Mexican food in general, and burritos specifically.  Every time I go to a place like Anna's or Boca Grande, I get really excited, and I always end up disappointed.  It's just not the same - somewhere along the line, people decided that Mexican food in New England shouldn't taste like Mexican food.  I don't blame any of the restaurants.  I am tempted to try Casa Romero, though.  When someone else is paying.  :)

For the record, the best cannolis are made at Modern Pastry, even though I like Maria a lot.  Something about the consistency bothered me. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

I do like spicy food, but I'm not a heat freak. I just like my burritos to have some flavor going on.
    Posted by helphelpImbeingrepressed

I hate, hate, HATE spicy food, and I still think most of the burritos here have no flavor.  I think it's more about the seasoning than the heat.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I know it's your basic fast-food answer for BBQ, but sometimes I'm in the mood for Tennesee's BBQ.  Their pulled pork is good as is the sweet potato pie.  There's one in Framingham, but it's definitely a chain so there are others.

It's not technically that great, but it can hit the spot for very little $.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

I'm a Framingham State girl, I've been to Tennesee's so many times! I do like their sauces, I like when you can choose what sauce you have. But their pulled pork isn't fatty enough for me, I can tell it's not cooked while still inside the pig skin.

Anyone know a good place to get baked beans in Boston? I have a friend who's been living here for years and has never had it. Wish my grandma was still around to make a batch.

I know it's your basic fast-food answer for BBQ, but sometimes I'm in the mood for Tennesee's BBQ.  Their pulled pork is good as is the sweet potato pie.  There's one in Framingham, but it's definitely a chain so there are others. It's not technically that great, but it can hit the spot for very little $.
    Posted by kargiver

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from somethingold. Show somethingold's posts

HIJACKED THREAD ALERT - BELOW I WILL REMIND YOU ALL ABOUT THE ORIGINAL TOPIC AND I WOULDN'T MIND IF IT WERE HIJACKED TO TALK ABOUT SOMETHING I LIKE, BUT I HATE MEXICAN FOOD.  I did however go to a decent Indian restaurant in Newburyport.  Called creatively enough Mr. India or some such. I ate too much and got sick but it wasn't their fault.  But talk about Portugese Food, seafood (not fried) or sushi or desserts (incl ice cream) and I'll forget all about avatars.

Really haven't worked much with avatars before, but have noticed that they make it much easier to remember who is who and what they typically react like.  It also helps skipping people if you don't feel much like hearing from them on one subject if they seem to be beleaguering it.  And I love some of your creative choices...as I mentioned before my favorite is the guinea pig...that is one cozy looking pig and I like the Poker Cake - could have used it for an event once.  Where did it come from, was that your wedding cake? So the Good Friday Poll is twofold- what would be your ideal avatar that best represents you what is the best part about havign avatars on this site.
    Posted by somethingold

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

OMG! BDC saw fit to give me access to sushi again?? I won't shut up about ti now!

Love Samuri and Haru in Back Bay, there's also a little place in Chestnut Hill that's great, but I can't remember the name.
    Maluken in Kenmore square is good too.
    My bridal shower was at Wasabi in Framingham, but it's gone the way fo the dodo :(

HIJACKED THREAD ALERT - BELOW I WILL REMIND YOU ALL ABOUT THE ORIGINAL TOPIC AND I WOULDN'T MIND IF IT WERE HIJACKED TO TALK ABOUT SOMETHING I LIKE, BUT I HATE MEXICAN FOOD.  I did however go to a decent Indian restaurant in Newburyport.  Called creatively enough Mr. India or some such. I ate too much and got sick but it wasn't their fault.  But talk about Portugese Food, seafood (not fried) or sushi or desserts (incl ice cream) and I'll forget all about avatars.
    Posted by somethingold

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

somethinggold where's your avatar?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from somethingold. Show somethingold's posts

I very much like the avatars.  A few of the photographs people have used do not translate well, IMNSHO, to the small format, and I find them hard to see.
    Posted by Ihavemyhats

Hat lady - I should have come to you I gave a dear friend from NYC a certifcate to Samuels Hats in the city for a big b-day and I was trying like heck to figure out if they were a good company.  Finally had other NYC friends check the place out to confirm it ws legit.  Ever been there or have a favorite millinary store?  Or do you have hats because you have many talents and responsibilities in which case tis is just a bizarro response.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from helphelpImbeingrepressed. Show helphelpImbeingrepressed's posts

I love Mr. India! I love it because of the name. That the food was good was merely a bonus.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pink, I lived in Framingham before we got married very close to Framingham State!

Mm, I know what you mean about the pulled pork being dry there, but if you douse it with your fav sauce it kind of makes up for it.  No, sadly, that's the best BBQ around here that I know of (including Blue Ribbon and Red Bones).  I've never had Firefly's, though, and that's in Framingham, too, in the Stop and Shop plaza just off Rt 126 (not the Rt 9 one).  Phantom rates it very highly, but didn't mention the fat content of the pulled pork.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

I'll have to go check out Firefly. There's also a new place on Comm Ave in Brookline that's supposed to be pretty good. I won't give up hope of good BBQ!

Pink, I lived in Framingham before we got married very close to Framingham State! Mm, I know what you mean about the pulled pork being dry there, but if you douse it with your fav sauce it kind of makes up for it.  No, sadly, that's the best BBQ around here that I know of (including Blue Ribbon and Red Bones).  I've never had Firefly's, though, and that's in Framingham, too, in the Stop and Shop plaza just off Rt 126 (not the Rt 9 one).  Phantom rates it very highly, but didn't mention the fat content of the pulled pork.
    Posted by kargiver

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from helphelpImbeingrepressed. Show helphelpImbeingrepressed's posts

Firefly is ok, nothing special.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I've gotta stop checking this thread around dinnertime.  I'm STARVING, and DH won't be home 'til 7:30.  I've got fajita fixin's marinating in the fridge.  Have you tried Goya's marinade?  No need to go out for fajitas!

Sections
Shortcuts