Best wedding advice you got.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Alright ladies. In am attempt to suck the drama out of the boards, I've got a fun, light hearted poll:

What was the best bit of wedding advice you recieved, and who delivered it?

For me it was "Don't worry about things you have no control over. Trust your vendors will do their jobs, if they don't, you can cross that brdige when you come to it."
    That was from Laura our wedding coordinator at the NEAQ.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishchick. Show irishchick's posts

From my cousin in England when asked which of our vast extended family to invite to our same-sex wedding: "Listen girl, go with your heart. Have the day you want and enjoy every last minute of it. No guilt allowed! Those who support will be happy for you."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Excellent advice! :)

[Quote]From my cousin in England when asked which of our vast extended family to invite to our same-sex wedding: "Listen girl, go with your heart. Have the day you want and enjoy every last minute of it. No guilt allowed! Those who support will be happy for you."[/Quote]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

The best advice
    1. Establish a budget and stick to it
    2. Determine how much contribution you and your partner are comfortable giving in terms of time and effort (ie if you don't want a big wedding and he does then make sure he is on board to do a large chunk of the planning. And also if he wants input then have him join you.)
    3. Plan and then trust your vendors to execute your "vision".
    4. Have the wedding that represents you and your partner and you will love your day.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

First wedding: From Proverbs, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding." I knew best so I married him, anyway.

Second wedding: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding." This time I took it and married God's perfect provision for me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

Best wedding advice I got on these boards - "nobody will miss the extras you don't include". When I had to make decisions on things like ribbons on chairs or fancier tablecloths and silverware, I thought "nobody would say it was a great wedding, but I can't believe they didn't give us fancier silverware" or "where were the monogrammed napkins?". If it wasn't something really important to me, DH or our parents, we didn't include it and still had the wedding of our dreams.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Simple - and as I say time and time again on here - it is only one day, it is the marriage afterwards that is more important. Can't remember who said it, but probably my MIL as it sounds like something she would say!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

That's something every BTB needs to keep in mind!

[Quote]Simple - and as I say time and time again on here - it is only one day, it is the marriage afterwards that is more important. Can't remember who said it, but probably my MIL as it sounds like something she would say![/Quote]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

So true- don't sweat the small stuff and skip it if you can.

[Quote]Best wedding advice I got on these boards - "nobody will miss the extras you don't include". When I had to make decisions on things like ribbons on chairs or fancier tablecloths and silverware, I thought "nobody would say it was a great wedding, but I can't believe they didn't give us fancier silverware" or "where were the monogrammed napkins?". If it wasn't something really important to me, DH or our parents, we didn't include it and still had the wedding of our dreams.[/Quote]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sher. Show sher's posts

the most memorable piece of advice given about the planning was "everyone will have an opinion, it is how you respond to them that will set the tone for your happiness/sanity leading up to the wedding"

most grateful for the wedding day advice of "make sure you take a moment alone with your new hubby and make sure to look around and take everything in because it will be over before you know it."

that and "no one will know what went wrong except you" (this is a real sanity saver for control freak brides. a category i do not fit into)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

I still think "elope" has a nice ring to it...

Sections
Shortcuts