BEST WISHES this weekend, Goodness!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

BEST WISHES this weekend, Goodness!!!!!

Hey, Goodness, this is IT!!!

We know you've been under tremendous stress with your future in-laws (near future, now!) and it's been a wild ride.  But, hang on, you're almost through the trial and taking hold of the prize!

Be sure to remember to breath and bend your knees up there - we don't want you passing out at the alter. :)

Enjoy your honeymoon and many happy years of marriage!

~kar

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

Re: BEST WISHES this weekend, Goodness!!!!!

Hey Kar,

Isn't her wedding next weekend? I thought it was the 10th or 11th.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oops, yeah.  Sorry!  And, I should have remembered for sure - my anniversary is Nov 9, and we talked about it being close in date.

OK, hang on, Goodness, still less than 2 weeks to go!!!

~kar

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

The extended forecast for next week looks good, maybe a little chilly.

I can't believe its already October.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

October is the BEST month EVER!!!! Because it is my birthday month...teehee :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I know, it's cold, and I'm such a wimp.  I actually had my winter down parka on yesterday playing with the dog.  I was really trying to just tire her out and "encourage" her to go to the bathroom before I had to put her in her crate while I was going to be away for longer than usual.

But, "chilly" for an October wedding is just what one would expect.  As long as it's not raining (or, gasp, snowing), it's good.  Our Nov wedding day was gorgeous and in the 50s.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Kar, it must be colder where you live, because I thought it was beautiful out yesterday! I had on capris and a 3/4 length sweater on! And I am usually cold all the time!

I saw a picture of the pup, she really looks like a "dog" now! So cute :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

I know, I was a little sad walking to work this morning.  I like fall, but this morning was a little too cold too soon.

That's nice for your Nov wedding...50s is good, and as long as it was sunny and clear skies for your pictures, who cares if its a bit chilly?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Liz, it IS colder where we live - we're at 1000 feet so our temp is consistantly cooler all year 'round, and we get more snow, too.  I was soooo cold yesterday!  And, oh, yeah, our puppy is really taking on a mature look, isn't she?  She did pretty well in puppy kindergarten last night, too.  It was the first night I didn't go home in tears.  I'm a perfectionist and feel like I'm failing when she doesn't perform well, which I know is totally nuts...but I'm working on it.  I'm a "recovering" perfectionist. LOL

dkb, it was lovely, thanks.  Our horse and carriage that took us from the chapel to the Inn gave us an extra ride around the whole Wayside Inn property.  It was so refreshing after the ceremony to be out in the cool air with my husband's arm around me keeping me warm in more ways than one.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

I'm w/ Kar and Pink.  Geez, let's cut Goodness some slack!  I think it's weird the DJ wouldn't meet w/ her. Everyone that I know who used a DJ met w/ the DJ a week or 2 before the wedding.  I never met w/ my band ahead of time, but that was only b/c I totally trusted them to choose all the music, except for the first dance and cake cutting song.  I also didn't meet w/ the event coordinator or photographer till a week before the wedding to confirm the menu, the number of guests and the particular shots I wanted.  While I may have had everthing coordinated in my head, it wasn't actually done until a week or so before the wedding as far as the professionals are concerned.  I find it strange that people who are already married don't recall that pretty much nothing other than who your vendors were was nailed down until the last 7-14 days?  The specifics re what those vendors were doing was not done until then [unless you are talking about linen colors or maybe the menu choices]. 

Give the girl a break. She has posted several times about family stress and if you read the Hyatt post, it seems her FI is worried about being outsourced.  I think she has some legitimate things going on that may set her off, but she instead lets the little things get to her, like the DJ. I can totally relate. 

Goodness, I hope you are doing an AI for a honeymoon.  Get thee some umbrella be-decked drinks, put your toes in the sand and zone out!  Good luck!

ETA: why the heck did this post in this thread?!  I thought I was responding to the DJ one.  Oh well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

I was chilly yesterday too, Kar. Granted, I'm in Southern Maine, but I had a jacket on anytime I had to go outside yesterday and I turned the heat up last night.  It was in the 50s at it's warmest.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Agreed, ALF! Umbrella-bedecked drinks make everything seem managable.